NĂºmero UNO
Years ago

AIS selections

Just throwing it out there, I feel Ian stacker has made some poor decisions regarding selection. Thoughts?

Topic #25772 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dane Pinau and Jack Purchase?????

Derkson = wow!

Reply #321785 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I know nothing about these guys--never watched them play or practice or anything.

Remember that the AIS favour 'potential' over 'current skill level'.

Skills can always be taught and developed (especially at the AIS with two a days), but height and length cannot.

Reply #321793 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

link to the selections page?

Reply #321796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MacDub you do seem to have a lot of knowledge so I'm surprised. Both of them play for Melbourne Tigers, coached by Andrew Gaze. Purchase (nigel's kid) a 6foot7 athletic shooting guard, Pinau 6foot8 with range too.

Both will play NBL/Div1 College if their hearts are in the right place IMO.

Reply #321803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who were the Vic selections?

Reply #321832 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anon #803,

Thanks, you have just validated my point.

6"7/6"8 Athletic SG's/F's do't just grow on trees;

With a bit of work on their skill, they could easily be great College prospects/NBL prospects.

Reply #321854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're gonna make a thread on the selections, atleast say who the selections were. Or post a link to the selections page.

Reply #321898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/sports/basketball/athletes

Reply #321916 | Report this post

mikoro  
Years ago

really surprised by the selection of derkson and purchase. pinuea has a fairly well rounded game style (shoot dribble pass) amazed he had never been looked at before.

Reply #321918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754