danny
Years ago

Sam Harris back to 6ers?

Told by strong sources Harris is heading back to Adelaide given his strong SEABL numbers. Good or Bad signing guys?

Topic #25785 | Report this topic

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Any idea on what numbers he was putting up?

Reply #322001 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

According to the SEABL website:

12.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.8 apg, 51.3% FG.

Minutes are 15-20 pg but had a breakout game against Hobart a week ago: 28 minutes, 30 points (12/13 shooting), 10 rebounds.

Reply #322003 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I understand if he's probably getting more of a feel for the game, but his height should have him getting 20-20 double-doubles.

I know his reaction time isn't great, but the man should just crowd the low post so he raises his chances.

I'd still be interested in having him as a Dev player again w/ Daly.

Reply #322013 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont see there is anything to lose by having him as part of an 11 man roster and using him when the right moment arises. Not every pick and roll has to be shown on, we expect far too much from our big guys sometimes.

Reply #322018 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

We could do worse. Last big man off the bench, all he has to do is protect the rim and get the odd put back. He has the ability to change a lot of shots just through his size.

Reply #322020 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

played well enough for the 2 mins he was on the court last season. has the turning circle of the QE2 though.
I Couldnt understand when we were getting smashed on the boards every week why not have him play 10 mins to mix things up. Would certainly open things up for the shooters on offence as any shot could be an alley oop and he would change some shots on D.
Even run an inbound play for him as no one can reach that high and would definately space the floor.

Another thing why dont they get the biggest Sumo bloke to go in goals in ice hockey. no one would ever score as by the time you pad them up you wouldnt even see the goal.
just a wednesday arvo thought

Reply #322028 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

igotmadskills - is it because the Sumo would break the ice? Or his ankles in the skates?

FWIW, those guys are pretty big and hard enough to get around as it is!

Reply #322031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My strong sources tell me you are wrong danny....

Reply #322072 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wouldn't be eligible for a development spot would he?
So he would have to be in our 10/11 man roster.
So his 2 points would count to the points cap if we have him.
For someone that ridiculously tall to only average 5 rebounds at SEABL level, he's either lazy or just not up to it. Either way, he obviously still doesn't know how to use his height. His breakout game only had 10 rebounds. Don't most centres at SEABL/CABL... level average 10 rebounds or more?
Personally think it would be pointless having him on an NBL team.
The only thing he has going for him is height, and he doesn't use it, so he pretty well has nothing.

Reply #322079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's starting centre on the best team in SEABL. Game isn't all about statistics. Pretty sure Bendigo are very happy with Sam. For a 10th or 11th man using 2 points of cap you would be hard pressed to get anyone better. Also not going to bitch about minutes.

Biggest issue is foul trouble which means some games are statistically poor because of minutes. Foul trouble not a big worry as he would only be a 5 to 10 minute per game back up at NBL level.

Reply #322082 | Report this post

kb3  
Years ago

Calling bogus on this unfortunately as it would be great for the Nbl to have sam involved

Reply #322083 | Report this post

HappyJ  
Years ago

interested to know who your sources are danny! dont think he knows what hes doing after bendigo.

watched him dominate in hobart friday night, would be great to see him have an ACTUAL chance in the nbl.

Reply #322090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scored 6 points on saturday against the pathetic thunder. with 2 excellent imports around him, they are helping him look good.

Reply #322094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Harris' numbers and minutes are dipped because he's playing basically behind Ivan McFarlin most of the time, and he's ex-NBA and is absolutely destroying it in SEABL, definately a clear MVP candidate, if not the favourite at this stage. 36ers should look at McFarlin for an import spot, either that or one of the Knox imports, Massingale and Lester Strong both of whom are playing extremely well.

Reply #322392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All over rated

Reply #322405 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

Give the guy a chance, Sam would be awesome in the key grabbing the boards

Reply #322407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754