Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Questions for Jacob .....

Fellow Hoops SAers, I'm interviewing Jacob Holmes next week for 5-10 minutes as part of a church basketball presentation night. Any suggestions on questions? Try to keep them sensible - looking for some questions from those in-the-know and/or some humourous questions to lighten up the night. All non-inflammatory questions will be asked and happy to get back to you with the answer/s if you like.

Post replies here or if you'd prefer, via email to [email protected] - and thanks for the help.

PS. A big thanks to Jacob for making himself available for the night. If you're reading this, well done and the kids are really looking forward to it.

Topic #25788 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Id love to hear what he really thought of Shane Heal at the Dragons.

Reply #322009 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

or what he thinks of Julius Hodge.

Perhaps another question could be whom he thinks the best import he has played with

Reply #322016 | Report this post

ziedler  
Years ago

Does he have any Euroleague aspirations?

Reply #322017 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Why he is hesistant to shoot sometimes when he is actually a decent mid range shooter.

Reply #322019 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

How does he practice to get his rebounding / timing so good? (Considering he is not a massive man-mountain)

Reply #322026 | Report this post

puppy  
Years ago

Does he have boomers squad london olympic aspiratins?

Reply #322030 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

What his thoughs are on Marty as a coach coming form teh AIS

Reply #322032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My son (nervously) has gone up to Jacob to get his autograph a couple of times over the last few years and I have been so impressed with Jacob's demeanour.
Not only was my son very happy to get his autograph, Jacob also took the time to have a few minutes chat with him and on both occassions made a genuine effort to make the encounter a great experience for him. Maybe not so much a question for him but a thanks for making it a memorable time for my son and that it didn't go un-noticed..

Reply #322046 | Report this post

E=MC2  
Years ago

Jake is one of the best guys going around when it comes to interacting with the fans

Reply #322073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask him why he ever even attempts a shot, horrible shooter.

Reply #322076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pity being a nice guy wont get it done in the contract negotiations. Ask him what he plans to do now for a career?

Reply #322080 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

Jacob is a genuine nice bloke, who has always had time for fans, that's why i hope he doesn't leave. We need genuine nice & approachable players, and we already lost one in Rhys...

More often than not, its the accessible players who make fan favourites, not always the stats leaders.

I'd like to know how he would teach a kid starting basketball to shoot the ball?

Im sure over the years, he has been told again and again to use more arc, but i'd be interested to know what he would tell someone himself, as his shot is unconventional, yet still effective. I've always wanted to ask Hammer the same question.

Reply #322081 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

FYI - received a few by email and some additional positive words about his interaction with younger fans.

Describe the following coaches in one word: Brian Goorjian, Phil Smyth, Mark Price, Shane Heal, Scott Ninnis, Marty Clarke.

If you had a choice in today's world, would you go to a US College or play NBL?

Do you have any plans for next year and if the 36ers don't come calling, are you available for (insert name of social team)?

What plans do you have for after basketball, and is this a focus for young players coming into the league now or do they think sport will last forever?

Any coaching aspirations?

Reply #322087 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

Where do you think the Sixers and the league are heading?

Do you think Mitch Creek is the next star of Adelaide?

Who has been your favourite player to play with and why?

Reply #322093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coopz you lost me at his shot is 'yet still effective'???

Reply #322102 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Great stories re: Jacob.

He really is a class act that represents the best of our club - all guts and heart.

I've never seen Jacob back down - always the first to scrap. Mountains of pride.

Reply #322103 | Report this post

+'s not -'s  
Years ago

best ABL team 2004 mavs or 2009 sabres ?

Reply #322104 | Report this post

+'s not -'s  
Years ago

would like to take the time mention Jake's stats from the 2004 abl finals - he was getting 25-40 ppg and 15-20 rpg - his form that finals series stills stands out in my memories.

Reply #322105 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Jacob's performance in the 2004 ABL Finals stands out for me and mine too. Alongside John Rillie's Norwood performances of a few years prior, he was a cut above almost everyone on the court put together. Add to it that he single-handedly beat the green train in the final ..... bad times, bad times.

Reply #322115 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I remember watching most of the 2004 ABL series, Jacob was unstoppable. Etched in my mind too.

Reply #322368 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I hope he stays with the Sixers and brings some of that form back again.

Reply #322369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Woolpert better than Marty Clarke?

Reply #347798 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Does Jacob need to give Brad Hill tweeting lessons?

Reply #347804 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:19 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754