Jack Toft
Years ago

R13 ABA Action

Round 13, the "Devil's round". Better watch out for black cats crossing your path, crossed knives and aborted moon landings. For the superstitious, this is the round where upsets are most likely to occur, so there has to be an upset somewhere. Should we throw salt over our left shoulder for luck?

South-Eagles @ Marion
Women: Women’s MOTR in the Tin Shed tonight. South have won their last 4 and Eagles have secured Borrego who has given the Eagles some bite, to the tune of 20 ppg and 11 rpg, for the run home. All the pressure is on the Eagles tonight and under pressure teams either produce diamonds or dust. The bobsledders might get a tight win tonight against the unlucky Panthers.
Men: South have had patchy form this season and with Creeky away will find it hard against an Eagles outfit who have been as difficult to contain as it is to muster stray cats. South still have a sniff at the final 5, but the Eagles will swoop on them tonight.

Flames-Mavs @ Mars
Women: A potential % boosting game for the home team. How embarrasing for Norwood would an upset win be? $100 will be donated for the end of season Mavs trip if it happens.
Men: Davo’s boys have set the pace in the mens comp this year. The Mavs should be top 3, but lethargy in defence has gifted many opponents the game. It is the battle of the Brads in the coaching department tonight and despite the Hillbilly putting up great numbers, Davo’s boy should get the win as easy as getting an infectious disease at a nightclub.

Sturt-Lions @ Pasadena
Women: Sturt are looking the goods and the Lionesses need to gather the pride to hunt as one if they wish to maul away from home. Madgen is the key and likely to chalk up some more Halls points as well as top scorer. Sturt won by 25 last time and the Lionesses might shave this margin, but the Sturt faithful should be able to enjoy their chardonnay without interuption this week.
Men: Sturt has awoken from their slumber and look menacing. Lions with an encouraging win last week takes them off the bottom and gives them the mantle as the side most likely to interupt the finals chances of the top teams. Sturt at home always expect to win, and win well. Lions have nothing to lose and might draw deep to make it a contest, but Sturt likely to go 2-0.

West-North @ Port
Women: West have handled what their opposition has served up to them this season whereas North have missed several opportunities. North are just one game out of the 5 but will find it difficult to add to their impressive away record. West won by 2 last time, but should squeeze a bit more out of the tube this round.
Men: West will be checking the scoresheet this week to make sure it’s correct, just like a wife going through a cheating husband’s phone records. North have won an amazing 7 of their last 8 games and West have lost 3 of the last 4. Men’s MOTR this one. Unsure if Dowdell is suiting, but North will be looking at bagging an away win. The danger man on court should be Bond, Josh Bond. Against his old team, he could be the hinge that slams the door on West tonight.

Woodville-Tigers @ St Clair
Women: The Tigeresses are clinging to 5th spot like an oyster to a rock in a tsunami. The young Woodville team are off the pace a bit offensively, so Tigeresses should hold 5th for another week.
Men: Most of the Warriors wins have been by 6 or less this season. The Tigers would be happy to get an extra win! The trophy cabinet for both teams has seen as much use as a Betamax videorecorder. The Tigers have slipped to the cellar (may to drown the sorrows in a Pennys Hill red) and while an upset against the Warriors would bring much needed relief, Al’s boys might just keep their noses in front of the Mavs for another week.

Topic #25792 | Report this topic

???  
Years ago

Someone said to me the other day North men have won 14 of 16 on the road since last season and there two losses have been by 1pt - one of which was at Port Adelaide last year! Amazing run!

North v West men should be a cracker of a game!

Reply #322135 | Report this post

Home comming  
Years ago

I dont think that West will have the Welcome mat out for him .... My tip is West by 15+ pts

Reply #322140 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Few things will make the welcome mat non existent!

Reply #322141 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Great job again Jack!
I have read some other threads and just want to know:
If/when I put my hard earned cash over the bar on Sat night that BSA won't be taking a "cut"?.

Will Bond need a nurse after Sat night?

Reply #322150 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Brilliant Hanging Around, Bondy might not like his Saturday night nurse

Reply #322158 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Even more feeling in the West - North game as Bond's ex girl is now with the import for West Adelaide!

Reply #322163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just heard Jawai to Sturt

Reply #322166 | Report this post

stats  
Years ago

??? this is not a correct stat. North lost on the road in last seasons finals at Wayville by 10.

Reply #322176 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

I don't know if it's correct I just said some mentioned it to me? You obviously know for sure what is it 14 of 17? Still amazing run or does that loss spoil it?

Reply #322180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lets be honest here, west will lose. and suck cock for a living

Reply #322184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west wont be able to get over north this week, game of the round! josh to drop 25+ and north to come out firing, nurse will need a nurse after josh shows him a thing or two.

Reply #322186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood are the cocky ones if you ask me.

Reply #322187 | Report this post

booger lips  
Years ago

Pretty sure that must be a post from Josh Bonds mother about getting 25+ and teaching Nurse a lesson. Someones got big hype about a guy thats not that great. Pretty sure Bond had 9points last time these two teams met and most of those in garbage time. Im not a westies supporter but cant understand the talk about this guy, hes not that good.

Reply #322189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can anyone say 1 dimensional? It's pronounced Josh Bond.

Reply #322192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well i don't think Nurse matched up on Bond last time they played anyway.
Besides I think the more important match up would be Dowdell v Brine. How can Brine stop Dowdell's output, and will Jeff be able to handle Brine's athletiscism..

Reply #322238 | Report this post

V  
Years ago

Bond is quite seriously one of the premier players in this comp and anybody suggesting otherwise does so at their peril.I doubt any team under rates him - more i reckon disgruntled westies who cant cope with the litle master else where.
Should still be at west if better handled and given credit for his efforts.

Reply #322244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

josh bond = joke

Reply #322316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Bond must be a worry for some when there has been so many posts about the guy

Reply #322317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if brine and franceschini get away with what they got away with against DJ then they will restrict dowdell's output

Reply #322319 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

"just like a wife going through a cheating husband's phone records."...nearly spat my muesli all over the keyboard!

Reply #322345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed, brine and franceschini got away with murder against DJ so let's see what they do to Dowdell.

Will be the litmus test, do ABL umpires have it in for all sixer players of just DJ?

Reply #322348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both will struggle to guard Jeff, DJ is 95% back to the basket, Jeff will strtech those two, their lateral will be tested, especially Fran

Reply #322353 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

North women over westies by 18 at port... Controlled entire game except a 4 minute stretch before halftime... Really made west look bad

Reply #322376 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

How are refs against DJ? They gave Luke Frost an unsportsmanlike foul when DJ hip and shouldered him! If anything, 36ers players get looked after, and always have

Reply #322377 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Ricey you shouldn't make up a story just because you are good mates with Luke Frost. DJ was running in a straight line towards his offensive end and Frost ran into him and knocked him to the side. DJ then went and hip and shouldered him. BOTH players got unsportsmanlike fouls (which you failed to mention) which was the correct call.

Reply #322378 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Mmmm no... Frost turned the corner to run at Creek who he was trying to get to so he could defend him, ran into DJ who then hip an shouldered him, and then stood over him... Not sure what you watched, or maybe you didn't have a good view front on like myself. Let's not forget that frost was also ahead of DJ when he initially turned. Why would Frost try hip and shoulder DJ who has height and weight on him, and the refs also called Frost for holding.. How can you hold a player when both your hands are in the air and your airborne going backwards?

Reply #322379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SO WHAT.......MOVE ON THIS IS RD 13 NOT ROUND 10

Reply #322380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hip and shoulders allowed in juniors last night too

Reply #322381 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

Sturt men big over centrals... Looks like Whitmore wasn't able to rule out any Sabre players this week lol.... Can't blame him for last week tho, word is he was told if he didn't win 5 games he was getting the sack

Reply #322385 | Report this post

Pig dog  
Years ago

Crow fan wrong again buddy, what serious club would say win 5 games or your fired, do you lie awake and just make this stuff up. Don't bang on about a reliable source either unless your willing to name them. It's clear u don't like the guy, but don't make stuff up.

Reply #322389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a fight at tigers vs woodville game too

Reply #322390 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Bit of off the ball action Norwood vs Eastern as well. Benn "The Tech" McDonald in fine form, dishing out 2 consecutive to Aaron Bruce.

Reply #322391 | Report this post

Ammon  
Years ago

So you mean Aaron 'the complainer' Bruce was in fine form?

Eastern have been behaving pretty bad last couple of weeks.

Also any info on the southern woodville fight? Surely just a scuffle not a brawl.

Reply #322396 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

Pig dog,
True I haven't liked Whitmore since his playing days and yes it is a reliable source, guess we will wait to see if he is the coach next year and I hope u will be around for me to say I told u so lol... And is Centrals a serious club?

Reply #322398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And good to see all the Josh Bond fans on here telling us how he played so well last night...think he had 9 points and wests guards completely shut him down.

Reply #322399 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

I know almost every team does it, but Eastern's off the ball screens are down right crude and ugly.

Eastern girls...wow....I think Mt Gambier Under 10 girls could beat them with a 20 point gap at the moment...they were atrocious after getting a good start against a Lady Flames outfit missing 3 starters (Ireland, Ackroyd and Herrick)

Reply #322400 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Sturt struggled to put them away last week?

Reply #322402 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Doesnt say much for Sturt women then, unless Mavs were on song last week. Their shot selection was woeful, which showed in their shooting %, which let them down badly.

Ball handling by both teams was really bad, especially in the 1st, Norwood had about 10 to's in the first, mainly due to players have to play out of position and not really knowing their roles on court. Once they settled down it was better.

Reply #322403 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

So was Bond worse than Nurse? Dude misses shots and leaves his arm up for a minute like an absolute tool! Saw a flyer for a shooting clinic he did at Port Adelaide on how to get the perfect shot... How can he be running it! Think he had more turnovers than points! Has anyone checked his resume... claims Div 1 college and NBA D League - WOW!

Reply #322404 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Thanks for that post Mrs Bond... Get a clue.
Bet you saw the flyer on your way out the front of the stadium to have a ciggy you classy lady.....
David Nurse did play div one college and was in a NBA D league squad.
I bet right now your waiting by the phone for a college to call you offering josh a scholarship - it aint gonna happen.
Your son hasn't as yet done anything of importance and with his skill set will not end up doing anything of any importance in SENIOR basketball.
Sure he might of made a junior state team - so what?? and he might pop up for the odd game of 20 points or more in cabl in adelaide - not hard,
that aint gonna get you a college gig or a look in on an nbl team.
He will be a only ever be an average to good ABL player at that.
please stop wasting oxygen and everyones time telling people how good he is.
Josh has 2 problems with his game -
1. his defence
2. his mum

The only stat he is leading the league in is the most over rated player!!
and you are the main cause....

Reply #322416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why was west upset when he left???

Reply #322419 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

Seems as if the person posting had a bit of a personal problem with bondy or his family, but to bring someones mother into it shows what ur really made of, which at the moment is very much like what I flush down the toilet. U don't like his game then comment on it, but what u posted is uncalled for. I was at the North-Westies game and both players played bad but Josh was better than Nurse. Oh, and for the record, anyone can tryout for an NBA d-league team and go through training camp, its not tough at all so maybe u should think about that before bragging about Nurse's "accomplishment"

Reply #322423 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Thanks jack for the round up again (from Barcelona). Keep up the good work

Reply #322426 | Report this post

XXXXX  
Years ago

In reply to anon 322416 it would seem you are a keyboard warrior i know Mrs Bond and she doesnt waste her time on here posting anything.

Maybe you should get your facts right and if you think its her. Get the mods to check the IP address of the poster

And it would seem you have a personal grudge against Josh and his family maybe you shouldnt hide behind your keyboard and approach them personally face to face and get your fact right

Reply #322427 | Report this post

Ammon  
Years ago

David Nurse - 15.2pts @ 34.5%, 5.4reb, 3.6ass, 0.5st, 2.5to, 34min   

Josh Bond - 13.4pts @ 43.5%, 2.5reb, 2.7ass, 1.5st, 1.9to, 30min

Maybe if we look at facts Instead of slinging crap.

Reply #322433 | Report this post

Callisto 21  
Years ago

As a follower of basketball for a long time,I gladly have Josh Bond is our club uniform. Some of this tripe is just sheer personal, get off his case. Gutless wonder sniping at his family - probably green with envy.

Reply #322434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

David Nurse:(Stat divided by 34)
15.2pts @ 34.5% div by 34mins = 0.447ppm
5.4reb = 0.158rpm, 3.6ass = 0.105apm,
0.5stl = 0.014spm, 2.5to = 0.073tpm, 34min

Josh Bond:
13.4p @ 43.5% div by 30mins = 0.446ppmin
2.5reb = 0.083rpm, 2.7ass = 0.090apm,
1.5st = 0.050spm, 1.9to = 0.063tpm, 30min

Bond 34m: 15.1ppg, 2.8rpg, 3.0apg, 1.7spg, 2.1tpg
Nurse 34m: 15.2ppg, 5.4rpg, 3.6apg, 0.5spg, 2.5tpg
(N+0.1) (N+3.6) (N+0.6) (B+1.2) N+0.4)

Reply #322445 | Report this post

David Nurse:(Stat divided by 34)
15.2pts @ 34.5% div by 34mins = 0.447ppm
5.4reb = 0.158rpm, 3.6ass = 0.105apm,
0.5stl = 0.014spm, 2.5to = 0.073tpm, 34min

Josh Bond:
13.4p @ 43.5% div by 30mins = 0.446ppmin
2.5reb = 0.083rpm, 2.7ass = 0.090apm,
1.5st = 0.050spm, 1.9to = 0.063tpm, 30min

Bond 34m: 15.1ppg, 2.8rpg, 3.0apg, 1.7spg, 2.1tpg
Nurse 34m: 15.2ppg, 5.4rpg, 3.6apg, 0.5spg, 2.5tpg
(N+0.1) (N+3.6) (N+0.6) (B+1.2) N+0.4)

Reply #322447 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

point being what ? - think Nurse is also a quality pick up.

What's the nurse bond comparsion all about - wonder how bruces stats match up as well.

Reply #322448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently DJ played 41 minutes in a 40 minute game according to sportingpulse.

Reply #322458 | Report this post

freddles  
Years ago

he fouled out didn't he how can he play 40 mins let alone 41 out of 40?

Reply #322459 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

There is no point to those stats. Both players are doing what is required for their team. I would say Bond is playing slightly better due to Nurse's shooting percentage.

Reply #322462 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Well at least it's not a junior development fight this week.......

Reply #322465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a reply to Anon Re post #322416

It got me thinking what type of person whould post such crap? I dont think it would be a good current player because they have more respect for each other!

So it leaves a wantabe or a hasbeen

The wannebe probly never make a good player or have never played because they spend to much time thinking about sniping behind a keyboard and not looking in thier own backyard

The hasbeen maybe played at sometime but is now washed up and the older they get the better they think they were,

So i suggest your think about what you write, about other peoples familys because under the new telecommunication act there is a case for slander and defamination when using the net And ip adderess can be traced

As alway a Good Write up like Jacks turns out to be a slanging match

Reply #322467 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

Wow so according to those numbers Josh should be playing div1 college and thinking about some NBA draft camps huh lol... I love it when idiot posters like the anonymous mud slinger get made to look stupid

Reply #322482 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

agree totally with 467 - get off his case. the players concerned canplay are well respected by their peers end of story.

Reply #322484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

none of these players need this sort of shit talk in the middle of the season. These guys have never had a grudge against one another, its just other people creating something out of nothing. Im sure David doesnt want to have memories of the league in this way and Bonds family probably doesnt need the stress either. Iv seen Nurse shoot around before and that dude does not miss he is a freak. people having a go at his shooting has not thought about it does take time to get used to everything in another country with the different style of game and lets face it our courts and rings are pretty bad in most the stadiums compared to what he would be used to.

Reply #322487 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Well said #487

Reply #322488 | Report this post

I Spy  
Years ago

I'm all for people expressing their opinions, i think its an important part of a forum. But let's be honest, being personal just drags basketball to the curb and is so unnecessary.
It's such a shame that people always have an axe to grind & more and more threads are turning like this. Hoops and basketball in general would be better off without all the bullshit.
If it's not an underserving player its a coach, a club or a referee's fault, in fact it surpises me that this Bond/Nurse thing hasn't been blamed on them!!
Why can't we all just talk about the game we love constructively with a humerous tone to amuse us all

Reply #322492 | Report this post

For my part, it's about letting the people who have nothing better to do than get stuck into two players have some real guts to their arguments.

The stats I compared tell me that both players are quite good.

I do believe the personal crap from some posters isn't about basketball - and therefore shouldn't be on Hoops.

Reply #322530 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Why didn't brad hill play for eastern on the weekend?

Reply #322674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because Eastern wanted to try to win for once....unfortunately Aaron Bruce still played for them.

Reply #322685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754