Double Clutch
Years ago

What's Hot/What's Not

What's Hot:

• Over 700 people to the Forestville v Sturt game, (and seeming as coaches like me were not counted going in the door), great job all involved getting the game up and running, with the stand being up and running with a great game to boot. Sure beats family and friends at North Adelaide games.
  • Films not starring Ben Affleck
  • Oscar Forman, 37 points on 15/32 shooting with 16 rebounds (6 offensive)
  • Channel ten at the game to do a story on Brad Newley
  • The Playboy Mansion game, well for a laugh
  • Club 33, nah just kidding, I admired you growing up Mark, but I've gone to that place twice now and the walls have mould on them
  • The Great Mates charity screening of Coach Carter, I'll be getting a ticket
  • The Difference, with 20 points, 7/19 shooting, 18 rebounds, 5 assists 2 blocked shots 6 steals
  • Jason Dix, 9/16 shooting for 26 points and 14 rebounds, the kid has game
  • 108 shots by Sturt, jacking them up good to see, (34% less pleasing to see)
  • Newley's vertical leap, he was just showing off with some mad crazy boards at the end of the game
  • All junior refs doing a great job under tough conditions
  • Will Smith, just has a cool name, from here forth I will only refer to the bloke as the Fresh Prince
  • Jason Farman 12 points, 5/7 FG with 7 rebounds, nice contribution.
  • Sam Prior providing photos, good job.

What's Not:
  • Marcus Ngs shorts that guy needs a Queer eye make-over desperately
  • Darren NG I love the guys game but he really is stinking it up lately it pains me to say this but he had 3/17 shooting, 0/6 from downtown, for 11 points.
  • The haters.
  • Date movies
  • The fact that if EC and DarkAngel don't show up the Sturt fan base is cut in half
  • Peter Nguyen look-a-likes
  • Sunday Mail write-ups that have Andrew Bogut listed as a point guard
  • 67 rebounds by one team and 60 by another, enough missed shots to go around
  • The national anthem (for the haters)
  • Adam Benson missing a wide-open lay-up
  • David Shepherd 1/6 shooting
  • $6 entry for student to the game
  • AFL football, boring sport played in one country in the world with minimal skills, where's the innovation? Boring flooding as well
  • Junior teams who wins comps playing 1-2-1 zones all season.

Flop of the week:
  • Brad Newley. I came to see a show and Newly plays like he is drunk for the the first 3 quarters. 5/19 shooting, 3/8 from downtown, 3/8 from the line with 8 turnovers. Sure the guy stepped it up for the last two minutes, but 700 people expected to see more of a spectacle.

Celebrity sightings
  • Smooth Butter
  • Chris Lucas
  • Isaac
  • Pantano
  • Janet Ng
  • Slick
  • Fresh Cream
  • Steve Breheny
  • Hoops SA NBL Tipping Champion Dean "Deano" Nyberg
  • Paul Mesecke
  • Marcus Ng in the worst shorts I've ever seen
  • Sixer dancer Ali
  • Sixer dancer Averlie
  • Boti Nagy
  • Paul "Candy man" Prior
  • Chiekh Ng

Shout-out of the week
  • Zero-hour, grating cheese on his abs since 2001

Topic #2581 | Report this topic

Of course you hate date movies if you can't get a date.

I can't believe Wayne Haydon was not on your not list. He is clearly the weak link in Forestville's line-up.

I'm a fan of Marcus' shorts. You really need to be confident to pull that off.

Signs by Justin Timberlake and Snoop Dogg. Everyone should go out and drop it like it's hot.

Reply #28984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chek ng

Reply #28987 | Report this post

Pat  
Years ago

Screening is red hot, coming back in a big way baby!

Reply #28988 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Double Clutch, your write ups are so entertaining. Unfortunately, DarkAngel didn't make it to last night's game.

A very frustrating game to watch when so many Sturt shots just wouldn't go in for them. They had the opportunites, it just wasn't going their way. With the marginal loss in spite of so many missed shots, they were clearly the better team on the night.

Reply #28990 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Sorry to correct the spelling, but it's Chek Ng.

Is Marcus playing at Sturt as well, or are you referring to his off-court fashion?

Is Chek Ng still the patron for Woodville?

And who won? No mention of the score here?

Isaac - get the promo off the site and put the box scores up!

Reply #28995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Box scores coming. Forestville got up 96-94. Great game. See other thread for my thoughts. I know I'm biased, but Oscar's scoring to bring that lead back in was a huge performance.

Reply #28997 | Report this post

Joeybones  
Years ago

I had fun!! Great Atmosphere,a good game and most of all the beer was cheap, what more could you want? The best team won!! By the way, WHO IS SAM PRIOR?

Go Eagles!!!!

Reply #29082 | Report this post

Joe Blake  
Years ago

Under the What's Not tag, add Nick Hambore and his second quarter uncontested, no traffic, solo missed dunk.

(just trying to set the scene)

Reply #29107 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Whats Hot

ADELAIDE CROWS!!! 68 points!

Whats Not

port power......ouch!

Reply #29110 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

what have you got against wayne haydon (post #28984)?. the guy has game, just needs his confidence.

Reply #29154 | Report this post

jj  
Years ago

double clutch, i just wanted to let you know that AFL football is not just played in our beloved country.in the U.S alone there is somewhere along the line of 46 teams that play in three different leagues and divisions across the nation. not to mention leagues in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Ireland, UK, Canada and New Zealand.

Reply #29163 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

jj, he said AFL meaning Aussie Rules. Correct me if I'm wrong but Aussie rules suggests only played in Australia.

Reply #29164 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

No EC. AFL is played all over the world. It originated in AUS hence Aussie(not American, English) Rules Footy

Reply #29170 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

My point is still relevant as I'm sure those mentioned leagues draw huge crowds.

Reply #29255 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

your a classic double clutch! great work, especially love the shout-out!

Reply #29256 | Report this post

Joeybones  
Years ago

Good work double clutch! The write ups were great and hilarious. it's good to see more people showing a interest in local b'ball! Go Eagles

Reply #29599 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Don't go hating on the AFL, the game obviously is doing something right, getting people to play, today's basketball, especially the top levels, as i stated beofre lacks a lot today, people don't attend Basketball, becuase even though it is a great sport, people that cant play loose interest...

eg. Anyone can go out and play a half decent game of Aussie rules, all you need to do is kick, handball, run a bit, tackle and catch etc. But basketball takes time to perfect and you can't go out to a basketball stadium and start to understand...

That's why people don't go, and also maybe it has something to do with the sport being Americanised and Aussies sticking old school

Reply #29606 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Exactly my point with football. It is quite a simple sport that is boring to watch. Maybe it's a reflection of the lack of intellectual muscle within sections of this country.

Reply #29798 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

You can't be serious can you DC?

Reply #29828 | Report this post

Sniper  
Years ago

Yeah he is, coach k....that's the problem. AFL rocks and so does baketball...but carn the Crows!!!

Reply #29844 | Report this post

$talks  
Years ago

In response to Joeybones - Sam Prior is..........Sam Prior (son of "Candy man")

Reply #29860 | Report this post

tinkerbell  
Years ago

Thanks $talks his name is everywhere on the site, i just didnt know who he was, he does a good job though. Why do you call Paul Prior "Candy Man" ? Please Reply

Reply #30335 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754