dingo
Years ago

Is Rashard Tucker still on the 36ers radar?

Comes cheap and possible naturalisation down the track. Good ABL numbers also!

Whos keen on him and what role could he play with us?

Topic #25817 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

36ers dont have time for a potential high maintenance pest!!

Reply #322541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No 6ers fan with an eye on the future would genuinely welcome a signing like this. The results have shown we are in a massive rebuilding mode, you dont bring in OLD has beens to take up spots of potential stars down the track. Bad timing for Tucker to be after a rsoter spot in Adelaide.

Reply #322549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pefect timing actually. The team is going nowhere and at this stage doesn't look like it will be a playoff threat again next season and will in all likelihood be fighting for the wooden spoon for the third consecutive season.

Tucker lives in Adelaide so would come very cheap (music to SOS's ears) so wouldn't be a problem in cutting him if he acted up. Plus he's excitement plus and if you're not winning you can at least make the spectacle easy on the optic nerve (which hasn't been the case these past two seasons) for those still willing to pay to go to games.

Tucker or not I think this season will really be make or break for SOS, I don't think they will be able to get away with dishing up a rubbish team again for the third year in a row. Look at the Crows, 36ers crowds might also drop significantly.

Reply #322551 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

RT is a thug

Reply #322556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #322557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon you have missed my point, Im saying dont sign him, because either way you wont win, BUT better off to bring a youngster through to maybe develop, apparently developing is all Clarke is good at.

Reply #322558 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

They should give him a bench roster spot. Would add a good scoring punch from the bench from outside and in which we need, and can also grab some extra boards and add some athletiscm to the second units defence

Reply #322563 | Report this post

planking-thomas  
Years ago

hope not! last time I saw tucker, was when dillon boucher and him were ruffing it up in the carpark some 6 or 7 years ago.

he joins us,and i guarantee i wont go

Reply #322564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much hate surrounds this guy....where there is smoke there is fire. Id be keeping a firm distance from this guy. 6ers need to find a way to move forward not back.

Reply #322567 | Report this post

A1  
Years ago

Orbit, NFI...

Reply #322569 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

tuck is a smart player who has proved time and time again he can get the job done at this level. he is a smart player and very much a team player, if you see his games in abl, he can score at will, and he loves getting his teammates into the game.
he is a smart defender and can defend multiple positions, he won't come expensive if he is a naturalised australian, so the experience and versatility of his game would be a very good signing for the 36ers.
plus if marty wants to develop young guys, having an experienced vet such as tuck would be beneficial for the other guys to learn from.
36ers would be silly to not sign him.

Reply #322575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker is 2nd all-time in NBL history for triple doubles too I believe.

Reply #322577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be a huge step backwards!

Better to go young and get someone who might take us forward!

Reply #322581 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

you may want to sign players that won't get arrested @ Auckland International Airport for failing to appear in Court after they skipped the country on drink driving charges, just my 2cents tho ;)

Reply #322586 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"Tucker is 2nd all-time in NBL history for triple doubles too I believe".

Doesn't mean much if one of the categories is turnovers! My recollection of Tucker in the NBL is that he turns the ball over too much and shoots a poor percentage. Looking at his recent stats with the Waikato Pistons, he hasn't changed, shooting less than 30% from three and racking up 3 TO's per game. We don't need him cluttering up the 3 spot when we already have Weigh and Creek.

Reply #322588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he still on the radar?

Ummm... I doubt he ever was on the radar!

Reply #322589 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Yes if yu are rebuilding you should be blooding youth. However you still need a couple of experienced hands in there to impart their knowledge and experiences.

Having said that, Tucker probably isnt the way to do it.

When will the 6ers bring Maher in as a coach? Imagine a Maher/Gaze coaching combo (yeah I know I'm dreaming, Gaze will only ever coach Melbourne)

Reply #322593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serail problem where ever he played.
Should never have bee rehired after Perth.

Reply #322595 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Homicide and Tucker. Hehe

Reply #322598 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Could do a LOT worse than signing Tucker. And you couldn't say Tucker and Homicide would be not interesting as an import duo

Reply #322601 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I saw Tucker play earlier in the ABL season and he still had his wannabe gangsta image going and I would say no way would I want him in the team. However now that I have seen him play a couple more games later in the season he seems to have calmed down (Anyone disagree with that?). If he has finally got his head sorted out I would be all for him being in the team if we get Ervin. Tucker is currently carving it up in the ABL and his defense and team work looks great!

He would be better then the dud imports we had last season. He is actually very talented and still silky smooth and athletic at times. I would even say he is better then Dorsey (even that others would disagree because the guy hit a few 3's in the finals) and Lisch who are decent imports. In fact the only imports I would say are better then him are Ervin, Ubaka, Wilkinson and Clark. Tucker has awlays been very talented but the only thing that has been holding him back is attitude. Perhaps no team wanting him has made him realise he actually has to be mentally smart from now on.

Currently in the ABL he is getting 20ppg @ 50%, 14rpg and 5apg. He is getting 4 turnovers per game but that is about the same as everyones beloved Bruce.

He only has two weakness's his attitude and he cant hit a 3 pointer. His attitude might have changed and we don't need him to hit the 3. He would come cheapily also. He probably has 2-3 good years left in him and would be great off the bench if they want to run the younger guys and would help them in training alot.

Reply #322602 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I rated Tucker as one of the worst imports in the league in his last couple of years in the NBL, so I hardly think he would be up to the grade now. Whether I am right or wrong on that I dont see a spot for him with the Sixers with Weigh and Creek on the roster.

Reply #322604 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I agree with Paul. I don't rate Tucker at all in an import spot, he may have some value as a naturalised player however. Also, we already have plenty of wings, we need a PG and a couple of big men.

Reply #322609 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KJ, FWIW, I rated Dorsey before that finals series. Can't see Tucker fitting in - no room at his position.

You might not rate him above many imports, but no other coach picked him last year - might be indicative.

Reply #322611 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Plenty of reasons why I wouldn't go near him as an import.
Biggest thing being attitude.
Doesn't play in a position that we need.
Has been cut midseason from an NBL roster twice.
The rest of our list doesn't allow for an old, cheap import with a skillset we don't need. We really need to nail our imports.
Didn't particularly have a great skillset when he was good. Relied on athleticism. Can't see his athleticism being at that level anymore.
Sure, he might be as good as some imports we've had of late. But isn't that the point? We want considerably better than what we've had.
If we are going to go for a swingman, I'd want more of an Erron Maxey type who's predominately a Pf and can compete small rather than the other way around.
As a naturalised player to fill our last remaining roster spot to go with a C/PF and a PG, he'd probably be a worthwhile investment. But he's been in the country for what, 6/7 years? If he was going to naturalise to give himself a better shot at getting another NBL gig, surely he would have done so by now. Same deal with Cortez Groves who will only have a shot as an Aussie of getting a contract.

Reply #322614 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

I don't think the Sixers should sign Tucker.

But I also don't understand the 'need someone young to take us forward' approach either. Its difficult enough to develop and keep hold of young Australian talent (much, much harder than it was 10-15 years ago) but its virtually impossible to keep imports these days. Basically every team in the league is a revolving door in regards to imports now. These days a team has done well if they can keep an import for two consecutive seasons. Three almost never happens.

There is little to no point in going young with an eye to developing talent for an import. Save that approach for the young Australian players who might, though it is unlikley, stick around for 5-7 years.

Reply #322619 | Report this post

Attitude  
Years ago

I have watched Tucker play alot this current ABA season.

He attitude has been outstanding..

It could not be faulted...

Reply #322678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:47 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754