garyablett
Years ago

Newley/Ingles training with 6ers

Great news, form links with them for the future when they may want to come home.

Helps our guys also training against elite talents.

What benefits do these guys offer training with the club?

Topic #25850 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

The plan was always for them to come home and play locally to round out their careers. Newley expressed it quite a few times.

Would certainly be nice to have them both back, but I honestly don't expect them back here until their past their prime. Unless there's some sort of catastrophic change in the European Leagues.

Reply #323084 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, went out this a.m. to take a look,
but they're training at forestville, this week.
(netball at dome.)
Will book a taxi for next week.
Seems all the signings on hoops , while Clarke was away, won't be there.

Reply #323088 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ingles with his passport will be gone for a while you would think. Newley as long as his form is up to import standards. Definitely good to keep them involved where possible though, you never know when they might get homesick and decide to have a year or two at home.

Reply #323090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel, it's actually Korfball at the Dome - seriously, an interesting sport!

Reply #323097 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Should've stayed..looked like it was gonna be good...
I was in a little bitta excitement ... to watch newley
ingles and t' see if Sturt and others were gonna be there...

Reply #323099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

korfball looks great......

Reply #323100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think ingles willbe heading back to Melbourne soon. Apparently going to be training wit Big V team until he heads back.

I note that Sturt wasn't at the session any one confirm what he is doing or if it was all just b*llsh*t! I think Newley will be viable for us in the future but I think Ingkes has "made house" with the GF in Melbourne.

Reply #323114 | Report this post

sharpeshooter  
Years ago

Ingles other half signed with the Thunderbirds today ... Interesting that they have "made house" in Melbourne????

Reply #323117 | Report this post

Yep  
Years ago

1. Import Pg but not the most expensive (Winder)
2. Newley - throw all your import money @ him
3. Weigh
4. Balls
5. Johnson

Bench

Herbert
Motram
Ng
Crosswel
Sturt

Reply #323119 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Korfball, sorta like basketball for non athletic white people hahaha just jokes people...i have never seen Korfball before looks interesting!

Reply #323121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley actually did sign with the 36ers after he left Townsville but then put his name in the NBA Draft, got drafted by Houston and they told him to go play in Europe, his contract with the 36ers had a european out clause.

Reply #323124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep

We have signed Creek

You have 4 new players and we only have 3 roster spots left. Can't have sturt and Mottram

Reply #323168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you can have 11 players, or even 12.

Reply #323180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would we want Mottram? Got killed by DJ a couple of weeks ago.

Reply #323182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reading between the lines it seems the Sixers are keeping open the back up PF spot for Holmes but as he always demands he start and according to today's article in the paper is threatening to go to Europe so I think Mottram is the back up plan.

Reply #323187 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I know he is training with the Hawks at the moment but what about Simon Conn? He was posting big numbers in the Big V a couple of seasons ago (if I have the right guy?). I know he signed with an NBL club that year (cant remember which one) before landing himself in some trouble (not sure what?).

Where has he been playing the last couple of seasons and is he a viable option as the back up PF/C?

Reply #323194 | Report this post

planking-thomas  
Years ago

Dont care who they sign, but sign someone and tell us who? I stand before y'all and query why it takes so long sign someone. Its like 10 weeks til the start of the season and shite......everyone else seems to have signed and started their preseason. where is ours?

Oh thats right, we start soon and will run up and down the grandstands to get fit. Shite training!

Reply #323808 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They only have three spots to fill, two being import spots. A number of other teams are yet to sign a single import (NZ, Cairns, Wollongong, Gold Coast?) and only Townsville and Melbourne have signed two. Everyone knows that this is the off-season to be patient due to the lockout.

They have started pre-season and are scrimmaging. Newley and Ingles have been training with them.

Reply #323809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They also both trained with Gleeson in Melbourne and Newley trained with Stacker at the AIS.

Is he loyal to Stacker?
Is he loyal to Townsville?
Or is he loyal to Adelaide?
Or is he loyal to where he can make the most money?

I wouldn't get too excited.

Reply #323828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754