Some guy
Years ago

Woodville coaching positions

Are they legitimately opened or just a token gesture?

Topic #25885 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

Especially the men's considering how well they have done

Reply #323593 | Report this post

pug 24  
Years ago

Think to be fair to womens coach also done as good a job as possible - has inherited previous team basically and when add her our flavour - with confidence this group will progress. Never going to turn the program around overnight and results have been encoraging for rookie coach. Needs to be given support and program will move forward.

Reply #323797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pug24 you obviously think cloning is the way to go and so I guess we'll have another 10 years to find out

Reply #323800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the applications still have to go via the club secretary?

Reply #324000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #324020 | Report this post

lo82  
Years ago

pug24 - you must be kidding. Woodville's womens coach has done a horrible job. Simple fact is she's way out of her depth. Having said that, it's not a job that's going to appeal to anybody of any quality, so she'll probably get it again my default anyway.

Reply #324140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If she is coaching again heaven help them

Reply #324276 | Report this post

Some guy  
Years ago

Answer to my question... Just a token gesture. The club ran some interviews batted some names around and in the end proceeded with a coronation. Other more qualified coaches over looked by our clubs lack of vision.

Reply #327191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some guy, I couldn't have said it better. Another manipulated situation as a parting gift.

Reply #327291 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Think you people will be surprised

Reply #327314 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone heard whos replacing Lynn as 1st assistant coach of the womens team hope its someone with experience

Reply #327323 | Report this post

camel 1  
Years ago

I heard Nigel Alexander is Karens 1st assistant. He's a very good coup for this program. What does everyone think

Reply #327329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only issue with Nigel is that he is very unreliable. Will start a coaching position but has not completed a season in years.

Reply #327338 | Report this post

camel 1  
Years ago

I think he's excellent for Woodville just what the club needs a first grade coach with lots of experience and a wonderful pedigree.

Reply #327343 | Report this post

effie19  
Years ago

Yep Nigel a great coach just hope he sticks it it out if he does he will have a huge influence on the senior women's programme

Reply #327346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

goodness Nigel stop talking yourself up.

Reply #327347 | Report this post

effie19  
Years ago

Im a parent whom Nigel has coached my children before to see he's back at woodville.

Reply #327348 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754