Isaac
Years ago

Future Hoops.com.au categories

I have long had plans to improve the categorisation of topics on Hoops. One improvement will involve a broader range of categories and another would allow logged-in members a chance to choose the forum index they see. Obviously some of us are interested in NBL, NBA and International. Others may follow Juniors, Coaching, etc but not care for NBA at all.

I'm also hoping to implement a two-tier set of categories.

Please submit any categories you think would be worth separating out. Recent additions have been Europe, Video Games and College. Are there any more you'd like to see? "Coaching" is one suggestion and could include general topics on strategy, improvement, etc. A carefully managed Referees category might also be useful for rule clarifications or announcements about courses, etc.

As an example of the two tiers, imagine NBL with team categories underneath allowing people to follow all NBL threads or just those pertaining to a specific team. Or a Juniors category with state-specific categories underneath. Or College, with "All College" and "Australians in College" categories.

Suggestions please.

Topic #25928 | Report this topic

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Overall, it sounds fine. That referee one sounds problematic, as I think it will be difficult for some to resist the temptation of playing the man (or woman), and not the ball, so to speak.

How about calling it Rules or something like that? People can still come in and talk about how certain referees interpret certain rules, but calling it that will act as reminder about what it's about (ie the ball, not the man).

PS Apologies for the tortured sporting analogy above.

Reply #324545 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

A "School Holidays" category?

Seriously - I think the "Coaching" one is a good idea.

Also a "Results" category underneath NBA, NBL etc

Reply #324596 | Report this post

"noticeboard" category - for trials,coaching applications, committee AGMs etc

Reply #324602 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

+1 for noticeboards

Maybe something like Aussies Abroad? With sub categories such as Europe, College, NBA etc?

Reply #324604 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

I once asked you if a inter-state category might work now I might extend that category to States with each State as a sub category which might also include New Zealand - this way we can put up stuff specific to our own state and it wont effect those not interested in everyone elses stuff that they know nothing about

Like who is the best domestic team in SA for an example - only people from SA really care about that and they may not be interested in the VJBL or NSWJBL

just a thought

and another might be Basketball News Headlines

just another thought

Reply #324625 | Report this post

yes i like that - maybe have a state by state category to encourage some national / interstate activity.

NZ would be good.

and aussie abroad would be great.

Reply #324631 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

A 'legends' category, for people wasting their time on here since it was the old 36ers forum.

Reply #324643 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

baller, yeah, the plan is for ABL (CABL, WABL, QABL, Big V, etc) and Juniors (SA, WA, Vic, NSW, etc). Would be good to better accommodate interstaters.

Reply #324665 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Can we get a Trolling topic for all the Anon posters :-)

Reply #324668 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anon posters can be both good and bad...would rather at least have to require an alias of some description much like OzHoops...

Reply #324677 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Before I forget, maybe a Social category.

Reply #324681 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Do you mean a hurley category Issac?
;)

Reply #324685 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

another one just thought about that could go under numerous headings.........

the Whingers club
I wanna bitch about.....
the Knockers Inc
Anonymous Shit Slingers or ASS for short
(contemplated - Anonymous Shit Slingers - Who Instil Prejudices Every Statement)

Isaac thanks for a brilliant job done on this site
I dont know if your ever thanked enough so heres some thanks from an interstater

THANK YOU

kiss(up) kiss(up)

ooh theres another one the KISS UP club - lmao

Reply #324771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754