Muzz Buzz
Years ago

Neil Craig stands down, Bickley caretaker

as a crows fan i am not suprised.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/neil-craig-quits-as-crows-coach/story-e6frecoc-1226101394448

Topic #25930 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

About time!

Reply #324557 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Mark Bickley to get the full time gig IMO

Reply #324564 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I reckon they'll throw a Gary Ablett like wage to get Paul Roos.

Reply #324569 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

About time. The team needs a change and new direction.

Perhaps Shaun Rehn for the new gig?

Reply #324570 | Report this post

RT  
Years ago

I hope not Bickley as I feel we need some fresh ideas and not the same old same old from ex player who have not been in the outside world as far as football experience.

Reply #324571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About time and agree with RT.

Reply #324577 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I agree with RT and others and believe we need fresh blood however Bickley gave up a big media gig and other business interests to take up an assistants role. You would think that he has served his apprenticeship out.........

Reply #324581 | Report this post

bb  
Years ago

Warwick capper should put his hand up, adelaide would embrace him.

Reply #324582 | Report this post

bring back blighty

Reply #324585 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Finally its happened ,was beginning to think he had the job 4 life.All the best reorganizing and become the pride of SA once more!

Reply #324594 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

What about Shaun Rehn? Roos I heard on Radio the other week said he was still not interested in getting another gig and you think if he was up for it, the Demons would be going pretty hard for him.

Reply #324608 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Nathan Bassett would be my favourite, doing a great job with Norwood, isnt a Craig Assistant so should bring more fresh ideas, but is also a ex Crow Champion, Rehn would be another good one also if he wants a go at it, as from memory he did a decent job with West and had a stint in Brisbane under Matthews. Both these guys have actually been a head coach, which is something many AFL assistants never have.

No disrespect to people like Bickley but i think they need an outsider not someone who has been under Craig the last few years and may be wanting to keep it similar, if they do go with Bickley i hope he changes it up a fair bit, game plan needs changing. I guess the next few weeks will tell if Bicks can make the neccesary adjustments to the game plan and freshen it up a bit, if not then get an outsider.

Reply #324609 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Bickley... LOL

Reply #324614 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Alastair Clarkson is the man to go for.

Reply #324616 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Roos to Lions!!

Reply #324617 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

How can you say go for Bassett and Rehn and then not Bickley because they need an outsider? They need to go for someone lie Roos, or Clarkson or even someone like Scott Burns or that bloke from Geelong.

Reply #324623 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

because neither Bassett or Rehn are involved in the current coaching set up, hence making them outsiders.

They also have fairly successful SANFL coaching records, so if it is a ex crow id consider these 2 highly along with Bickley, who is going to get a chance to prove himself.

I think Scott Burns would also be a great option, and obviously Clarkson, Malthouse, Roos would be even better, but id say very unlikely.

Reply #324624 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Panther, do you mean Brenton Sandersen (ex crow)?
Agree regarding Clarkson, bit worried about the showdown now...The new coach gets team a win theory...

Reply #324626 | Report this post

we need 4 or 5 new key players to go with the new coach.

Some big blokes down the middle to draw defenders and take the contested mark and some quality on ballers to work around them.

I like Craigee and he is a good coach - I wonder if it had just become a negative attitude at the crows once they started losing some games and they havent been able to play their way out of it.

Reply #324632 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

About time. But surely AFC management, and Trigg in particular, must share a large part of the blame for this debacle.

And anyone who thinks that the likes of Bickley, Bassett and Rhen would transform the Club have rocks in their head. We need an experienced hard-nut AFL coach not an SANFL trainee who is matey with the players and Board.

Reply #324657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:05 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754