Flinders80
Years ago

Hawks new logo, naming rights sponsor

http://twitter.com/#!/wollongonghawks

A change is coming... stay tuned all will be revealed after 11:30am...

Topic #25943 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I assumed import announcement but maybe it's something else. If import announcement, "change" would suggest it's a PG to replace Ervin.

Reply #324706 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I think it is a naming rights sponsor.

Reply #324707 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I also assume it is a new Import PG to replace Ervin.
Wonder if Ervin hasn't shot himself in the foot by stalling NBL clubs whilst waiting for offers from Europe, who's to say he is going to get a better offer in Europe with a Lockout in effect. There would be some great players looking for somewhere to play.

Reply #324708 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The ever reliable Mercury is reporting naming rights is going to Gujarat NRE.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/nre-naming-rights-deal-to-cement-wollongong-hawks-future/2238755.aspx

Interesting. Usually successful naming rights companies are household items or brands. In this case, it shows a company with good community spirit, as sponsoring the club won't really attract new customers.

Reply #324711 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

New logo also

Reply #324713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/sport/basketball/hawks-unveil-new-logo-as-gujarat-nre-becomes-major-sponsor/2239537.aspx

Reply #324716 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

That is a nice logo.

Reply #324717 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Very nice logo, quite strong, lets hope they continue to have on court success. The community model is great but does require successes to follow.

Reply #324721 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Canberra import Kyle Jeffers has been called up to train with the Hawks. Hawks aren't loaded and will likely go cheap with their bigger import, so it could be a SEABL-level player.

Reply #324736 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Looks good - very similar to the Atlanta hawks!

Reply #324744 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jeffers played for the Singapore Slingers last year, hence the Arsego/McLeod connection. Looking at his profile he is 6'9 and 120-odd kgs, and put up some very tidy numbers in the German second division.

Went to Oregon State so would have played against Ian Crosswhite in college I imagine.

Reply #324748 | Report this post

KIOSK  
Years ago

Only thing similar to Atlanta logo is that its a Hawk.

Someone on ozhoops posted them near each other - http://www.ozhoopsboards.com/showpost.php?p=296525&postcount=110

Both have a beak, wing, claws and a ball.

Atlanta is front on, Woolongong is side on and has massive HAWKS across the body.

They should both be thankfull it looks nothing like Hawthorn Hawks.

Reply #324754 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Logo looks great! I'm interested to see if they've done anything to update the uniforms too.

Reply #324787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw Kyle Jeffers play in Singapore when I was over there last. He got about 10 odd points in the game and missed some absolute gimmes under the ring. The standard is pretty low in the Asian league, and he should have dominated that game against a team much shorter than him and with only one sub.

The Asian BL is about the same standard as the CABL. How would an NBL import go in the CABL?

Pencil him in as the first import to be sacked this season.

Reply #324794 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

theres not alot of minutes behind forman, davidson and gruber. As long as he brings energy off the bench in 2 - 5 minutes a game he should be a keeper.

So i disagree with him being the first import sacked should he get a spot.

Reply #324801 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In fairness to Jeffers, he also had some massive games, and played well in Germany. I think the Hawks are just after a strong back-up centre as they are undersized at the moment, not a star.

Reply #324804 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Was he on the Sixers radar? At 206 cm he might have been handy in the team.

Reply #324820 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754