Anonymous
Years ago

Funny Talking Hoops Tonight - reminder

Mark Nash joins Ninny and Belly in the studio tomorrow night and lineup includes:

Mark Bradtke
Dusty Rychart
Leroy Loggins
Ricky Simpson

Plus your calls!

Coast FM - 88.7 on the dial.

Topic #2595 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I didn't catch all of the show, but heard more than usual.

Mark Nash was their third host and did a good job -- asked interesting questions without being overly sensational about it and spoke well.

Caught the end of the Leroy Loggins chat so didn't hear enough to comment. He did say that the Barcelona Olympics were his best basketball memory.

They talked to Ricky Simpson too -- he said that he thought Jye Watson was NBL quality but just needed a bit more experience and exposure. He spoke highly of Paul Vandenbergh and talked about their recruiting and also the younger guns for the Lions (Matt Atkins and Chris Clausen). Struck me during the interview that though they've brought in external talent, it has brought more interest and excitement amongst the juniors and supporters of the club and hopefully this can translate to the other endeavours of Centrals.

When asked about his coaching aspirations, Ricky said that he was happy where he was and enjoying coaching at ABA level. He wondered if a more serious, higher-level coaching gig would take some fun out of it a bit.

They talked to Mark Bradtke who admitted that he had decided to leave the Tigers and thought that Brisbane and Adelaide were his likely destinations. Commented that the Sixers didn't even give him a call which astounded Scott and Paul.

See this thread for more info on this.

He talked about hoping to learn from Eddy Groves (the Bullets' owner) and playing under Lindsay Gaze.

A few quality callers gave their input and provided questions. Came out that the club has provided Willie Farley with an offer.

Ninnis talked up Cayla Francis from the Eastern Mavericks' women as a future star.

Finally, Boti Nagy came on for his measured rant about player signings and Sixers' shortcomings. He said that he thought that the club spending 5-10% under the cap while competing teams were potentially pushing past the salary cap was a mistake.

Anyone else listen in?

Reply #29326 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I wonder if Boti Nagy's job is a full time one. If not, Sixers Admin could use him to shake things up. With his comprehensive knowledge of Basketball at NBL level, he could have been the negotiator of free agents while the rest of the staff slowly fumbled around with the Coaches contracts. As far as I'm concerned, the coaches contracts could have been dealt with half way through last season and all finalised before the season ended. It would have given them immediate freedom to negotiate player's contracts. You know what they say about the early bird.

Reply #29334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #29339 | Report this post

Lions Player  
Years ago

Ricky is the best coach in the league. He is very knowledgable but knows how to let the players play and enjoy the game.

KB may be better (as he seems to have a similar style), only time will tell, but right now its ricky... EVERYONE in the program WANTS to play for Ricky. He gives all players respect and this filters down to how the players treat each other. No locker room bitchign in the program which is somewhat unique. You only have to look at the number of Woodville players that have come over to see rickys influence.

Reply #29357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another cracker of a show - certainly uncovered some interesting issues....

Reply #29361 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea it was another great episode of talking hoops, man i almost fell of my chair when they spoke to bradtke, as if you dont call him, man everyclub should call a guy like bradkte, no matter how unlikely it may seem, like for the cost of a phone call to find out, what do you have to lose and if he says no, u wish him luck n move on, n if he says yes, u hav the best centre in nbl history, but the only way you find out is to call the guy!! man i was shocked as were the boys in the studio!!!
It also appears no1 has really spoken to nashy, who appears certian to leave or darnell, who boty had spoken to him n said would be happy to return to adelaide, but again no contact made, like sure if we get willie back and he isnt naturalised there is no spot for him this yr, but whats the harm in a chat, if i were smyth i'd be furious!!! as i belive smyth was removed from the negoitaion table a year or 2 ago, we need smyth negotiating wit the players now he has signed, as im sure he'd get the guys he wants, n atleast call the top players such as darnell n bradtke!!! moving on, i also thoroughly enjoyed the interivews with dusty, leroy loggins and ricky simpson, another great show, and nashy did a great job in the studio!!! cant wait till next tuesday!!!

Reply #29363 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

yeah issac i called and asked if the guys knew if willie was contacted yet and they said an offer is on the table.. good to see that a few more callers asked good questinos as well and that coaches from the social leagues are calling to advertise events

Reply #29392 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Wasn't Bradtke signed up by the Bullets before if became official that our coaches had been signed up. If that is the case, then Phil & Steve were not in a position to do anything regarding Bradtke. It was already too late. I don't know to what extent Smyth was removed from the negotiating table but surely he would influence decisions on who is to be signed. No one else can do that successfully. Money is not the only factor in putting together a successful team. The whole problem is with the ridiculous waste of time in getting Phil signed and in a position to influence contracts.

Reply #29398 | Report this post

notch  
Years ago

Great show, however I think Belly's Dusty Rychart joke may attract the attention of the censors!

Reply #29455 | Report this post

Black Cat  
Years ago

Any chance of them talking about any other clubs besides sturt and west. I wanna know what happening locally.

Reply #29458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt they spend a whole week talking to Ricky Simpson about Centrals?

Reply #29460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last I checked Ricky Simpson was the Centrals mens coach black cat.

Reply #29461 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Black Cat -- call up and ask, or suggest a guest on the forum.

Reply #29463 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Ricky Simpson was on talking about Centrals and Schuller rang up and talked about North a little bit as well.

Reply #29467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point Notch...was funny though

Reply #29520 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754