Bogut
Years ago

Bogut to be Boomers Assistant Coach

Just saw this interesting article:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/london-olympics/andrew-bogut-to-take-boomers-assistant-coach-role-as-nba-lockout-continues/story-fn9dirj0-1226103607097

Good to have aboard even if hes not playing...

Topic #25955 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Just saw that on ESPN - beat me to post it.

Anyway, hope his involvement is OK with skull and orbit... ;)

Reply #324881 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Interesting...everytime Ive heard him talk he kinda sounds like a bit of a dumbass...maybe he just talks slowly!

Reply #324883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed skud

Reply #324906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am probably the minority here, but I think it's a positive step for the National program.

Irrespective of how Bogut sounds or comes across, he also brings with him a wealth of experience at a level many of our players don't have. You have to have a reasonable level of basketball knowledge in order to play in the NBA.

It's a shame he's not able to play for us, but it's great that he is prepared to give up time that he could otherwise spend on holiday, or having time away from basketball. Shows he wants to be involved and is committed, and is a good example for some of the future players coming through, that National representation is still important.

Reply #324910 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Whatever your thoughts on Bogut, I don't think he can be accused of talking slowly.

I think it's great. I guy who was a bit of a misfit when he first started with the team (way back in 2004!) is now willing to be an assistant coach... I think you'd have to have some a pretty warped perspective for someone who is doing such a thing.

Reply #324912 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Whatever your thoughts on Bogut, I don't think he can be accused of talking slowly.

I think it's great. I guy who was a bit of a misfit when he first started with the team (way back in 2004!) is now willing to be an assistant coach... I think you'd have to have some a pretty warped perspective for someone who is doing such a thing.

Reply #324913 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

*warped perspective to be critical

Reply #324915 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Let's support a guy who obviously puts his involvement with the Boomers on a pretty high pedestal.

Reply #324921 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Dont get me wrong, Im not against him being the assistant coach, I just didnt think he had the intelligence to do so lol..I dont know the guy so its merely an observation based on interviews ect.

Reply #324971 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

lets wait and see if it eventuates

IMO - all he can teach is talls and that cant be hard

would have been better to get Mills as Assistant

Reply #324976 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

He is probably there just to keep him around the team and help out with some observations when he can. I dont think he will be doing any serious coaching just a support member really. I cant see how anyone can see this as a negative considering he cant play.

Reply #324977 | Report this post

Poo  
Years ago

Bogut is shit

Reply #325523 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:53 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754