MACDUB
Years ago

Mitch Norton signs with Crocs

Mitch Norton has signed a 2 year deal with the Townsville Crocs.
Good on him--He is a talented player and good on the Crocs for rewarding him for the faith he has shown in them. He is very patrotic about his Crocs.

Good luck for his rehab regarding his foot injury as well.

Cadee, Creek and now Norton are three of the latest AIS graduates who have gone straight to the NBL.
Seems like it is becoming a more feasible option, and I can't say I don't mind it -- Its good that we get to see these local talents compete against the more experienced players.

Topic #25957 | Report this topic

BALLER#3  
Years ago

pitty Hugh Greenwood went to college instead of the NBL could have been a great pick up, and im sure he will be in the future.

Reply #324888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any other ais boys not comitted to college yet?

Reply #324890 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Jackson Hussey I believe.

Reply #324892 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Has Mitch McCarron commmitted to college?

Reply #324895 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah, Metro State in Denver. Same place Kendall and Wortho went.

Reply #324901 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hussey has not committed anywhere yet AFAIK either.

Reply #324929 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I understood Mitch was staying in Canberra, especially after reading Boti's article last week.

This news is a bit surprising.

Reply #324930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree it was a bit surprising he left after the strong article last week. But great to see a promising young player make the move to the NBL. After seeing what this kid did at the under 20 nationals in Feburary, IMO Norton is the best point guard in his age group of 92/93 in Australia (including Aldridge)

Reply #324965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great work by Norton and his family. Crocs suggested an 11th man position then he said no so they crumbled and gave him a spot in the 10
Big call with three point guards on the roster and a very small guard group.

Reply #324972 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

DJ Rod or anyone confirm or know roughly what he is on per year?
Obviously not going to judge him. Just really interested in knowing what players like Norton, Creek and Cadee get dollars-wise coming straight out of the AIS?

Reply #324980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee approx $50K first year. No idea about the others.

Reply #324985 | Report this post

Jedekaih Wilson  
Years ago

I think it is much better to go to college in the U.S. That way you have more chance of going further with your basketball. Anyway he's a great player should do well wherever he is.

Reply #326966 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If you are a superstar with NBA potential or not yet near professional level then college is probably the best option, but if you can already play professionally ala Newley, Ingles, Creek etc then the NBL can be an excellent option.

Gibson has certainly flourished taking the road from deep on the Brisbane bench in his first year too, and guys like Abercrombie and Jawai certainly found their feet at NBL level after finding a year at college wasnt for them.

Reply #326988 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754