celtic green
Years ago

Ben Wallace, Hall of Fame?

Bored with the lack of any movement on the NBA front so was thinking of a few different things.
Does Ben Wallace have a hall of fame career? I think he does. He is a 4x defensive player of the year, 5x defensive first team, 3x NBA 2nd team, 2x NBA 3rd team and a 4x all star. I don't think he will get in first ballot but I do think he gets in.
If he did would he be the first un-drafted player to make the hall of fame?

Topic #25960 | Report this topic

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

I think so. Four Defensive Player of the Year awards is reason enough to give him serious consideration.

Reply #324899 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Yes he deserves to be there. He was definitely an expert glass cleaner and terrific defensive player.
Championship in 2004 with the Pistons.

If Dennis Rodman is there, Ben Wallace deserves to be there too.

Reply #324904 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Ben Wallace was one of the reasons Detroit are "my team" in the NBA. Sick of all the Lakers etc love I needed a team that didnt have many on the band wagon. The defencive style, centred around big ben which would ultimately get them a championship was what caught my attention.

Reply #324907 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Don't forget his unique Fro. That is HOF material also.

Reply #324920 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Rodman's career is in a different league to Wallace's

2 time DPOY
7 time Def 1st Team (1 second team, 2 third teams)
5 championships
7 times in a row leading rebounder, including averaging over 18 per game twice.
2 all star appearances (how this wasn't more, I don't know)

Reply #324922 | Report this post

jarch1a  
Years ago

bull shit

Reply #326642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754