Bizzy
Years ago

Centrals Vs North

Did anyone see this game? Was it any good?

Topic #2597 | Report this topic

The Truth  
Years ago

Yeah good game centrals really played well and lead by as much as 19 in the end ... north came back but still a good game

Reply #29125 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

You play out at centrals the truth?

How did Jye play?

Reply #29129 | Report this post

rainman  
Years ago

Jye is way over rated, just a dirty player who can score but abl will be the highest level he ever plays.
Centrals doing really well good mixture of players out there this year. They are held together by reggie though

Reply #29131 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I reckon Paul Vandenbergh is an awesome player. Forever contributing!! Works really hard at both ends of the floor.

Reply #29133 | Report this post

Rainman
"Jye is way over rated, just a dirty player who can score" that's a big statement can you back it up with some facts or are you just mouthing off under the protection of an alais?

Reply #29134 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

Rainman

Why do you say Jye is overrated? I saw him last week against Sturty6ers and he looked quite reasonable. The write ups he has been getting from the other weeks have been complimentary as well.

He is also leading the league in scoring.

Do you know something we don't?

Reply #29135 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Rain Main you have no idea .....Do you even play basketball .. coz it pretty plan to see you have no idea jye watson is getting more then 30 points a game yet he cant play ???
he was having a bad shooting night yet he still manage to get 26 points ... he played a good game ...if your talking about hawks in reference to you calling him a dirty player ... hawks in a little bitch all jye did was play some agressive defence... Jye is an awsome player

Reply #29136 | Report this post

Comic Book Guy  
Years ago

I thought the game was ordinary as both teams didn't look like hitting a shot. Centrals were in control for much of it until their asses got a bit tight and tried to give the Rockets a win. And as I was in attendance, I thought it was the North players getting stuck in to Watson

Reply #29138 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Rainman just has no idea what he's talking about, probably never touched a ball before in his life.

Reply #29139 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

i totally agree if anything north were the ones trying to get watson off his game ... cos they knew he could win the game by himself if they didnt get his mind of the game

Reply #29141 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Rainman, you have no idea you have to ignorant to think that jye Watson has no game. Not only did he still score 26 points but he was also battling some bad heat stroke from the day before, unlike a certin 36er squad player Nathan hawkes who shot 3/14 and played like he was the one with heat stroke.

Reply #29145 | Report this post

stevo  
Years ago

i heard first hand from jye thats the one of the worst games he has ever played in his life... but really his team got W at the end, so he dosnt care who wants to talk about him cause hes not talking about any of you all.... and Mike McKay and Nathan Hawkes are past it..

Reply #29155 | Report this post

Pablo  
Years ago

It was a good physical game enough said no one was really out of line with the physicality. North i feel lost the game though through poor decision making and turn overs. Jye didnt look that great but can play, tend to agree with rainman though not sure if his game or type of jump shot would survive in the NBL

Reply #29162 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I think that jye could be a very good player at the NBL level. He can play three positions and he is not one dimensional he can look for his shot in other places if the three isn't falling like going to the post or getting to the line. He is also strong and even though he is a hip shooter his shoot is quick realise so it's still hard to block. Any way, Jason smith shots from the hip and his is one of the best players in the NBL right now.

Reply #29200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what 3 positions do you think he can play?!??

Reply #29203 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Folks, I think we should take it easy on Rainman. He is, after all, a good driver .....

Reply #29205 | Report this post

big red(red nut)  
Years ago

rainman, did u look past the fact that jye is grabbing like 7.2 boards a game as well as scoring over thirty? hmm, yea, and the fact hes gettin almost 3 assist per game....and also that his playa hit like 2/20 on the night....no way he can play nbl, especially because hes had offers from as much as TWO nbl teams...good call......

Reply #29213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"as much as TWO" -- quote of the year!

Reply #29216 | Report this post

money shot  
Years ago

ur all just jealous of jye cos he has more game then all of use, use guys need to get out and watch more games cos he damages every week, even if he isnt shooting hes still playing other roles in the team, use guys gotta ge tover the fact that he is better than ull ever be

Reply #29298 | Report this post

raining men  
Years ago

Hey guys you are being a little ruff on the rainman he had a big night out at the Mars bar on Sat from a good source of mine whom is a regular female in attendence there.
PS: how's the limp buddy

Reply #29318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know alot of straight people that enjoy going out to the Mars Bar so really the point of that comment would be? least you dont have to deal with the ego's that come along with about 80% of the people in clubs around adelaide....

Reply #29351 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

He can play the 3,2,1 which centrals have been playing him at all three for the hole Season. and good call "big red". but the only thing you got wrong was that it was as much as 8 nbl clubs that were interseted it was only that he came back from collage to late so the teams had already filled there rosters.

Reply #29369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So 8 NBL clubs were after him last year. Which one's are chasing him this year?

Reply #29378 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"ur all just jealous of jye cos he has more game then all of use, use guys need to get out and watch more games cos he damages every week, even if he isnt shooting hes still playing other roles in the team, use guys gotta ge tover the fact that he is better than ull ever be"

Moneyshot is Jeff Fenech! Never would have guessed that one! Love yous all, every single one of yous.

Reply #29385 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

Can someone please decypher what Moneyshot has just written?

Reply #29393 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Are we going for a record here on how many posts are about Jye, cause we're breaking records here!
This topic has been done to death. We all can probably admitt Jye can play. He can shot the rock. But is he going to get a chance to play for the sixers...unlikely. For one, he doesn't play for Sturt and two, the sixers had better shooters and players try out for them last year and they knocked them back, so why is Jye different?
Jye would've been better off if he had got a gig in Melbourne somewhere playing in a SEABL team. They have a lot more exposure to NBL coaches and because they play interstate he wouldn't be restricted to just coaches in Victoria.
Jye will be here for one year and that's it. Centrals will be back to cellar dwellers again next year you could almost count on that.
Good luck to Jye and the Centrals team, but let's get over this thing...

Reply #29420 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754