CK
Years ago

Coach Killers

Seems a new trendy term in AFL.Can any recall any coach killer moments in basketball or do clubs tend to see year out with incumberents.
Wondering how many will be going around again.Seems some turmoil down south and deeper south way and not too rosy heading east and west and perhaps in between. But thats always the case, as finals approach and teams drop off.
But again think that really all deserve opportunity to build - experience gained by numerous 1st / 2nd year coaches not to be jettison.
The sixer influx this season been positive and good across club representation of imports made for very tight season with some coaches about to move to upper echelon with finals glory.Reputation made reputations broken.

Topic #25978 | Report this topic

replaces the term "straw that broke the donkey / camels back"

Reply #325173 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bo Hamburger, can you please use "incumberents" in a sentence for me?

Reply #325176 | Report this post

CK  
Years ago

Incumberents is a derivation of incumbents who pay rent.

Reply #325179 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's what I was hoping for. I'm adding this to my vocabulary, to go next to deodorodent.

Reply #325183 | Report this post

Just proves how bad a job me and my fellow edumacators are doing...

Reply #325187 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

Big V Champ Women - Hume City Broncos - Head Coach

Brian Vaughns got the chop a few months ago

unfortunately not soon enough

Reply #325196 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

Was Southern's 40pt performance on Sunday a coach killer moment maybe? Out of curiosity that would have to be one of the lowest pts returns ever at ABL level? I know we are only play 40min games but can anyone shed some light on some other low scores comparable to the 40pts Sunday?

Reply #325207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Southern only score 29 against Norwood earlier this year?

Reply #325208 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

At the risk of breaking, and not making, my reputation...

Pretty much it can be defined as being encumbered by an incumbent. So, in a sentence: Jay Weatherill has just slayed an incumberent.

Reply #325212 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Latrell Sprewell.

Reply #325217 | Report this post

yeti  
Years ago

deodorodent = sweet smelling rats and mice?

Reply #325230 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

A Milwaukee native, Sprewell, 36, played for 13 years in the NBA. He was known for a slashing style, steely intensity and a fierceness that sometimes got him in trouble - most notably when he was suspended during the 1997-'98 season for choking his coach.

nice definition of coach killer

Reply #325262 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

witnessed plenty of parent 'coach killers' in junior basketball in my time

Reply #325338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:00 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754