Snoop
Years ago

Junior Coaching Lineups 2011/12

Am interested to know who will be coaching where next season for all clubs.

I assume Sturts boys lineup will be:

12s: Einarson
14s: Gliddon
16s: Clarke
18s: Rigoni

As per their rotation policy.

Who will be filling all the div 1 spots at other clubs?

Topic #25980 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

I believe that some clubs will not be allowed to field 2 teams in div 2 this season.Does anyone know? This may change coaching line ups. Clubs should be making this clear when asking for intent to play. some kids may go down to a div 3 comp because they are top age. Maybe div 3 could end up stronger than div 2.

Reply #325194 | Report this post

there was supposed to be only one div 2 team per club in u14s this upcoming season.

that plan was put in place around 3 years ago - with a view of making it a 10 team comp.

however if you look at u12 div 2 G last year it was down to around 6 single teams and had it not been for the bigger clubs providing 2 teams - it would have been a very boring year for the teams.

I feel this plan needs to be reviewed and shelved.

The distant concept that everyone will go a play div 1 at a struggling club does not work and we lose the kids to the district sport.

Reply #325202 | Report this post

the other problem is then the second div 2 team ends up playing div 3 and results get way lop sided - i.e. second div 2 team dominates.

pro / rel across the board - let the right teams and players play in the right grade.

Reply #325203 | Report this post

parrot  
Years ago

pro/rel without zones would be a disaster. The rubbish uncompetitive mish mash that is district basketball would only get more top heavy. For heaven's sake create zones before there are only two or three clubs in existence.

Reply #325204 | Report this post

green79  
Years ago

Interested to hear from someone at Norwood. Rumour is the boys side might see new coaches in nearly all div 1 teams from 12s to 18s.

Not sure how true this is, but it's what I heard from someone who I thought would have a fair idea.

I'd assume Snoop is on the money with the Sturt coaches.

Other clubs?

Reply #325205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear the tigers are making no changes in under 18 boys or girls, 16 girls to stay the same, boys are getting Kim jury back, 14 girls, 12 girls, no change, changes in 14 boys and 10 boys possibly

Reply #325206 | Report this post

Snoop  
Years ago

Interested in who will coach South & West div 1s next year? Anyone heard anything?

Reply #325322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South will be lucky to have any Div 1 teams next year

Reply #325336 | Report this post

blah blah blah  
Years ago

I think south have made some correct calls lately regarding some of their junior squads / teams - they have been realistic about their capabilities and entered them in less competitive divisions.
This long term will help a majority of players stay at the club - rather than a one team = div 1 type thing.

This is a more sound long term way of building things up.

Reply #325341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Blah it's not! Just a few clicks away sturt have more kids than they can place and certainly according to them more div 1's than they are allowed to have.
The present system allowed clubs to become dominant, recruit from where ever and take the cream from other clubs. Now these dominant clubs are screaming out for pro/rel to accommodate the swollen numbers they have.
In successful sports, zones exist so that domination is harder to achieve. In basketball cheque books still determine premierships from ABL to juniors.
Unless BSA draw up zones and nominate within those zones country areas to attach to each district club with Div 1 teams, basketball will not grow and the number of clubs will drop to 4 or 5.

While 4 or 5 clubs would suit the present ability of the state to provide competition immediately, it would be a backward step long term if growth is on the agenda. The district scene is weak and competition rare generally. Pro rel would benefit the large clubs and destroy clubs like souths. If that is the aim all well and good but if long term growth and development of the sport and competitive games are sought, zones are the only way.

Reply #325359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said #359.... Invest money into junior development. Develop domestic comps to recruit, develop players to see them move. There's no incentive, may as well just pay seniors to play and get them already developed!!

Reply #325360 | Report this post

Goblin  
Years ago

anon #325359,

How are clubs going to service these area's? Considering some clubs haven't got the inclination to do it now, when the consequence of not recruiting is that they get no kids.

If they dont have to recruit, catch afford to pay for someone to do it, and can sit back a wait for someone else to tell kids that they have to play at club x, why would they even try?

Reply #325364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having three super clubs with 50 or 60 teams hasn't helped basketball, its damn near killed it and when all's said and done it's not helping the mass numbers of kids in these clubs either. It's all bullshit, because at ABl they only have one team for men and women and they are fed from the elite juniors in the Div 1 teams.
Clubs trade on the fact basketball is a magical mystery tour where info is scarcer than good Crow's players. They feed bullshit lines to parents about doing your time in the two's in your first year and your better off because we care. At the end of the day kids go through the juniors and by the time they work out it was con staying - game over.
If your playing div 2 anywhere and you think can play div 1 somewhere else go and do it. You will be playing against the so called best wont you and that's gotta be good for your game. On the other hand stay put and place your faith in the promises you will get from clubs who need your dough to support their ABL teams. Stay in your clubs that have more div 2's than they can poke a stick at and win meaningless div 2 premierships every season because there's more than one born every minute going nowhere because they didn't have the balls to play higher and test themselves.
Most of the clubs div 2's belong there because they don't have the ticker to make it happen for themselves.

Reply #325388 | Report this post

Ceres  
Years ago

anon #325388

Cause people would love to go and play at a club with people of your ilk anon.

"On the other hand stay put and place your faith in the promises you will get from clubs who need your dough to support their ABL teams. Stay in your clubs that have more div 2's than they can poke a stick at and win meaningless div 2 premierships every season because there's more than one born every minute going nowhere because they didn't have the balls to play higher and test themselves.
Most of the clubs div 2's belong there because they don't have the ticker to make it happen for themselves."

For the last 20 years, clubs have demanded guarenteed div 1 spots expecting people to move clubs on mass.

It hasn't happened, and its not going to happen, because market forces such as proximity and service are far more important to consumers than div 1 spots. People play recreational sport for more than a "div 1 spot".

Playing div 1 doesnt make you better. Read any skill aquisition theory, and it will state that skill is obtained at trainings. First in a closed 1 on 0 enviroment and then in a competitive enviroment where results are secondary.

Nowhere will you find any literature that considers playing higher level games to be the most important determining factor in skill aquisition.

Reply #325404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ceres,

No using facts in your arguments!
Instead you have to use the propoganda from those that are too lazy to do the work for themselves!
Writing mistruths is easier!

Reply #325408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ceres. You are not addressing the real issue underlying this chaos of district being a jumped up social comp that charges the earth to play, is not competitive on a weekly basis and is top heavy. I congratulate you on your belief that div two is a better training ground for players than playing div 1 against div 1 competitors and the smugness in believing that a district comp that is average because of the present structures is sound. You are no doubt a board member of the establishment I believe is the problem.

Reply #325421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is happening at other clubs Norwood and Forrestville ?

Reply #325752 | Report this post

the factor  
Years ago

we played div 1 at a mediocre club and it was a dogs breakfast - basically a back yard show.
We persisted and it just got worse.

so we moved to a stronger club and played all our junior years mainly in div 2 - some div 1 - some div 3 - but mainly div 2.

kids were happy and learnt how to play.

Realised after the only people worrying about divisions were the parents and the club.

Reply #325763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood same as this year in the boys

Reply #325854 | Report this post

rhea76  
Years ago

#854 - I'd say you are nowhere near. My guess is that from 12s-18s, there will be 2 or even 3 new coaches in div 1.

Reply #325855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure no change in the u18 boys div 1 for Norwood. Peters been off on work cover because of his voice but has given no indication to the squad he wont be there next year. I did hear there maybe a change in div2.

Reply #325856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Forestville Eagles division 1 coaches for seasons 2011/2012.

Boys
Under 10 Steve Passey
Under 12 Darryl Crump
Under 14 Scott McLuskey
Under 16 Jake Maksimovich
Under 18 Paul Arnott
Under 23 Ian Grigg

Girls
Under 10 Julie Clarke
Under 12 Jason Joynes
Under 14 Jo Clark
Under 16 Damian Weeks
Under 18 Lynne Holland
Under 23 Tara Robinson

Reply #325958 | Report this post

europa43  
Years ago

Lynne Holland? Really?
The end is near for Woodville if that is true.

Reply #325963 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Can anyone reliable confirm the Lynne Holland appointment?

I can hear the Last Post in the distance . . . .

Reply #325964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Condolences Norwood.

Reply #325965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the details of the div 1 appointments are on the eagles website if you need confirmation

Reply #325967 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Could the last one out at Woodville please turn out the lights?

Reply #325969 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"The rich get richer, The poor get the picture, The bombs never hit you when you're down so low, Some got pollution, Some revolution, There must be some solution but I just don't know

The bosses want decisions, The workers need ambitions, There won't be no collisions whey they move so slow, Nothing ever happens, Nothing ever matters, No one ever tells me so what am I to know

You wouldn't read about it"

Reply #325972 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Seems quite strong and some old coaches back. Who is Jason Joynes and no Simmons coaching?

Reply #325973 | Report this post

=  
Years ago

that is huge for Forestville - any word from Woodville Rd on appointments ?
Or who will fill the role at Woodville ?

Reply #325980 | Report this post

=  
Years ago

yes it is on the eagles web site

Reply #325981 | Report this post

Zedagalinha  
Years ago

Any word out of Sturt or Norwood for next year?

Reply #325982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther was that you joking around asking who's Jason Joynes?? If not, Jason's a fantastic coach and Forestville can only benefit from his appointment

Reply #325984 | Report this post

tnt  
Years ago

Nigel Alexander to Woodville??!!

Reply #325985 | Report this post

freddles  
Years ago

Congratulations to Lynne then finally leaving a club where she has worked tirelessly but been stabbed in the back at almost every turn by those who wish for their own, glory. They the nameless ones should always be careful of what they wish for, they may have bitten off far more than they chew.

Reply #325992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

freddles: After a decade in charge does Lynne leave the club in a better or worse state than when she took power?

Reply #326004 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Wonder what her ABA win/ loss record looks like...

Reply #326006 | Report this post

missed out  
Years ago

damien weeks under 18s huge pick up

Reply #326102 | Report this post

missed out  
Years ago

sorry under 16s

Reply #326103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you kidding me where did the Mr Johnston go re u16's didn't weeks coach for sturt years ago?

Reply #326107 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Good Luck Lynne, in your new role. Sue you will do well

Reply #326132 | Report this post

WW  
Years ago

It does need to be said that Lynne has had significant part in Warrior World and took on roles when nobody wanted them.For all her detractors she has been a hard worker.Wishing you every success. One door closes another one opens.

Reply #326184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A club is bigger than any individual. People were predicting the end of Woodville when Vera Craig died, but it has still continued. I will when Lynne goes, however, very interesting....AGM on Sunday and her position as Secretary has not be put up.....

Reply #326269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Success should be measured by what shape and how strong you leave a club when you have held the reins for 10 or more years. Magic have more girls teams than Woodville and better junior talent so if it's not the end for Woodville someone ought to tell that fat lady to get off stage.

Reply #326273 | Report this post

Years ago

10 years ago 80% of the kids that are playing for western would have been at woodville and the other 20% would have been at west adelaide.

10 years ago many woodville juniors came from st clair (particularly after school basketball comp)

Reply #326276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south do not have a under 23 coach heard he is leaving also also depends on how many players stay kat has left already not finshing the season

Reply #326285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let me make this clear - the South Under 23 men have a coach for next season.

Reply #326293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the direction over the past ten years had been right then those kids would have stayed at woodville. The last ten years has been a time warp and the girl's program will never recover because the landscape has changed and competition for players has never been stronger. While the boys side of things is firm it's hard to see how the club can survive long term without further mergers and a lot less pettiness about what name and colours a new club would have. Never seen a club eat itself so effectively, spurn ideas,fight changes and deny reality quite so well as woodville.

Reply #326294 | Report this post

titan  
Years ago

The boys side of the club is just as disastrous as the girls. The last five years or so expecially have been a massive decline for Woodville. Can't see them recovering to be honest.

Reply #326298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville's committee allowed the mess to develop and they should resign for doing so. No parent in their right mind would look at Woodville in its present state and like Titan I can't see a recovery nor think they deserve one.

Reply #326301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what is the line up at Centrals. New coaches for 14s and 16s ? What is the line up at Norwood ?

Reply #326729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi,

The Lions have just sent out their Div 1 Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches to their members..... This coaching lineup further places the club in a position of strength.

Whils the STARplex competition grows in size, the Lions remain small. The club has 2 Coaching Directors, one focussed on boys and one focussed on girls. This makes our player to Coaching Director ratio relatively very small. In addition our Coaching Directors are not distracted by social/domestic competitions, as this is run by the myriad of fulltime staff at STARplex, they are purely focussed on developing district level players and beyond. Our district level players have amazing resources at their disposal through their district coaches/coaching directors or the wealth of experience and resources through the Northern Region Sports Academy run by STARplex.

District basketball is very very expensive indeed and players/parents should demand a Coaching Director able to focus on their needs and access to quality skill and fundamental development opportunities.

http://bit.ly/mR9Iw8

Reply #327013 | Report this post

ganyemede  
Years ago

"arguably, collectively the greatest depth and scope of experience in South Australian Basketball!"

Who wrote this stuff? Wow. Still, never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Reply #327015 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Think I might be happy to "argue" that lineup having the greatest depth in SA Basketball.

Reply #327023 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Looks like Jack Toft has been a busy boy indeed this week.

Reply #327033 | Report this post

stomp  
Years ago

Whats going on at West?

Reply #327042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the rockets? Care to ellaborate on who will be down at hillcrest??

Reply #327046 | Report this post

Ginger Meggs  
Years ago

(Mod: Get lost.)

Reply #327056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The New Centrals U18 girls coach does a good job - his current team usually performs better when he forgets to turn up - must be well drilled

Reply #327060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very mature mod getting rid of posts that are a bit close to home can't handle the truth perhaps there is another forum that is fair and not bias

Reply #327064 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nothing to do with me personally (I don't know who was referenced; can't even remember what club it was about), but this is a thread about coaching line-ups. If you want to bitch about someone, see if you can be part of the solution rather than the problem and let it go. You're welcome to start another forum if you like and model that to you personal preferences.

Reply #327089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckom glen will be at woodville next season not west simon will leave south not sure were he will go

Reply #327101 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Don't worry about Glenn anon

Reply #327142 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Dirty, LOL, I didn't write it, but I'll knock one up for Sturt if you like.

Reply #327198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see nothing changes 8 years later.

Reply #755410 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754