skull
Years ago

Mills a Taipan ?

no doubt fearne & beecroft have been pushing their case with larry on getting Patty to fnq.
it certainly ticks a few boxes for mills,cairns and the nbl.
the delay by the taipans in signing a starting p/g and his support crew is evidence of this.
i did hear they had signed an import 2/3 but nothing has been released on that???
the NBL has to start somewhere on the "marquee player" theory,(our aging players abroad WILL come home) how it starts is a bit of a minefield... i guess, paying their insurance(if needed) then some kind of government sports incentives??
does the NBL use the community based teams(cairns& gongers) to get the marquee player theory into practice???
or do they auction it off to the highest bidder??

Topic #25995 | Report this topic

bb  
Years ago

a marquee player would be ideal only if it replaced the 2 imports rule. Having a marquee Aussie player and 2 impors wouldn't work and favour the wealthy teams.

Reply #325381 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

No one gets a marquee player thing because its possibly the stupidest idea i have ever seen.

Australian Basketball shouldnt be throwing money at old guys but helping strengthen the league in otherways to try and get more creeks etc to stay here. If they work on getting young players to stay then the league will benifit more then if we always get old guys past there prime playing a couple years then retiring.

Reply #325384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marqueee player is a joke

Reply #325386 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

oh my god
which team next?
sydney for mills!!
melbourne dump liam rush and pick up mills!!!
marty clarke pulls through and gets a player that can win games, mills to adelaide.

Reply #325391 | Report this post

tendai mzungu  
Years ago

pero v to 36ers

Reply #325393 | Report this post

bb  
Years ago

I get your point baller but if say the Kings sign David Andersen or Matt Nielsen as their marquee player and as a result they then can't sign any imports they'd have space to sign another Aussie which wouldn't be the case if they had two American imports.

Reply #325401 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed Mat Nielsen , who at 34 years ,
signed to play in Russia for 2 years.
While Adelaide Crows would be keen to have Mills, their number 1 supporter, in ADL.

" You wanna play Adelaide 36ers ? "
Mills asked Tiri Masunda.
"We look alike, don't we."
Mills said to an astonished Masunda.

Reply #325412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:18 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754