J509
Years ago

Boomers V Angola

Boomers bet Angola by 8 points tonight. Also might I add that as much as i dont like a few of the players on the team... i think people have been highly critical of them. In there first game together (essentially) they lost a OT game to Russias like D team, really is that a big deal at the end of the day when most these guys wont be wearing the green and gold come NZ series. some of these guys are barely even fringe boomers.... if not for unavailibilities and such they wouldnt be anywhere near it. however, its a showcase for the very few of them who have a tangible chance... and so far, its sounding like wortho, gibson, wagstaff and sadly crawford have been the best of it so far. without having footagwe thats hard to say, I had high hopes for Drmic, Greenwood... breaking through and making themselves known, however statwise that doesnt seem to be happening. They may very well miss out on the NZ series.

Topic #25997 | Report this topic

Kr  
Years ago

j509 again whats with the Crawford haters! Sure he had a poor shooting series against China as every shooter can, but has second top scored against Russia and equal top scored in Angola game. What does the guy have to do to get a little respect. Had a great nbl season and deserves his spot, fair enough might only be an outside chance for the A team but has proved a lot more in than the likes of Greenwood and Drmic.

Reply #325395 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And he means that they cover a couple of bases - opportunities to test new blood (the young kids), plus picking someone (Crawford) who's in-form now rather than writing him off because he's over 30.

Reply #325402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will Kryie Irving be suiting up? lol

Reply #325407 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Up here on Triple M, they ran a sport news story that went along the lines of:

.......and the Australian Boomers have beaten World Champions Angola, in the Stankovich Cup in China. Wagstaff and Crawford top scored with 12 points each.
Don't know who theese two are? Well it doesn't matter, neither do I.....

Reply #325409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the point of this team and this series :

It's all about development and to future proof the up and coming and give them a taste of what it's like to play at the elite level in international comps.

most of the young guns will take back some excellent skills to work on in the next few years and I give props to the program for giving guys like crawford a chance to prove themselves on the international stage after many years of great nbl stats

Reply #325488 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Delly had a good game 8 points 6 assists and 4 steals bounced back from that bad opening game

Greenwood doing some nice things off the bench.

I don't mind the combination of youth and experience for these sorts of events. Guys like Wortho and Wagstaff look pretty good in international play as well.

Reply #325492 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Angola just beat Russia, so if I worked it out correctly, Australia needs to beat China by more then 2pts to get into the final against Russia tomorrow.

Reply #325498 | Report this post

adam  
Years ago

I found a link for the china v australia game.

http://www.wii-cast.tv/channel/suca2

Reply #325513 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

What a game from Delly!

Reply #325514 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Kids gotta be buggered, tomorrow will be like his 4th 25-30minute game straight, and its not like he takes a break at all on the court, he's always pressuring the guy bringing the ball up the court and is just everywhere(I got a kick out of seeing him getting switched on to the big 7ft centre and trying to push him out of the paint a few times).

Reply #325515 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754