Coopz
Years ago

Kevin Durant on fire @ Rucker Park

Whilst the NBA lockout is going, Kevin Durant thought he would take his talents to Rucker Park, NYC.

In the Entertainers Basketball Classic tournament Durant caught fire, especially in the 4th quarter and finished with 66pts on 9/11 from 3pts range. Most 3's were reportedly well beyond NBA 3pt range...

Apparently only Joe Hammond has ever scored more in the EBC, with 74pts.

http://www.inquisitr.com/132060/kevin-durant-rucker-park-ebc-tournament-video/

Topic #26009 | Report this topic

Coopz  
Years ago

Check out this 2mins of UNCUT footage of KD in the 4th.

Reply #325555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Coopz, that is brilliant. Durant is such a good role model - excels without showboating.

Reply #325557 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more Isaac after seeing that.

Reply #325567 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Both teams wearing the same colours.

Reply #325574 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I guess the best thing to come out of the NBA lockout is things like this, while these guys will dominate it gives so many people who would never see or play against them that chance. Kinda cool!

Reply #325586 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Agree Skud.
For a lot of them it takes them back to their humble beginnings. A lot of players are going back home (because they cannot work out at NBA facilities) and working out at their local gyms and its great that they can go back to where it all started.

Reply #325621 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

I bet Homicide is jealous.

Reply #325623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is this ebc league the same sort of thing (clearly nowhere near the level) as a local mens comp?

Reply #325734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and by nowhere near the level-i mean the local comp is not even close to this!

Reply #325735 | Report this post

Bball Fan  
Years ago

Is this comp on right now?? I just arrived in NY and wanted to head to Rucker Park. I am here for 5 nights....

Reply #325836 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ESPN tried to contact Durant about his recent street ball games. His agent:

"He doesn't want to talk about it. He doesn't want any publicity. He just wants to ball."

Reply #325915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754