Anonymous
Years ago

Update: Patty Mills yet to sign anywhere

Breaking news Eurobasket.com announced that Patty will be playing in turkey next season.
http://www.eurobasket.com/Turkey/basketball.asp?NewsID=236244
So much for seeing him in a NBL uniform.

Topic #26012 | Report this topic

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

What a scoop!

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/26006-the-wait-is-over-mills-signs-in-turkey/

Reply #325576 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Direct from Mills himself:

"I want to make it clear that I have not signed with any team in Turkey," said Mills from his Canberra home this afternoon. “I have received offers from teams but I have not come to any agreements with any of the teams there.”
The star guard admitted that, apart from European offers, there had been “interest from a lot of NBL teams”.
“My intention during this lockout is to look at offers from Europe and Australia particularly for the reasons that my contract would have an out-clause, therefore when the NBA lockout does come to an end that I could head back over there then,” he said.

Reply #325634 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Patty Mills: Not a fan of Turkey, loves Ham though.

Reply #325638 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

I can let all Hoops goers know that Patty Mills will sign at the Melb Tigers!!!

You have heard it hear first!!!

Reply #325643 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Most likely , that's Tiri Masunda.

Reply #325651 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

Nah Tiri Masunda won't be at Melbourne next season.

Look out for Patty Mills to be at the cage next season.

Any one willing to take bets on it??

Reply #325657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know 36er's have made a big offer to him, but word is that the big guy at Melbourne has moved heaven and earth to get him to Melbourne.

Reply #325660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such as destroying any credability the salary cap this league has put in place? I hope Mills if he does sign in Aus goes anywhere than the Tigers. Mcpeake is a fat out jerk!

Reply #325667 | Report this post

Tigers Watcher  
Years ago

Camel 31 - Just give me thanks once it is announced!

Will be released in a week or so.

At least you will have room for A. Sturt now Camel

Reply #325668 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Be interesting to see if Seamus gives him a house in the suburbs and a golf course.
While the 36ers have a duty of care for the adelaide arena to eddy groves and they'd be hoping that the roof stays on.... if A.Sturt played here.

Reply #325675 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Tigers Watcher who will thay be releasing to fit him in?

Reply #325678 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

They will be releasing mcpeakes pants to make room for mills

Reply #325686 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's probably worth considering that if Mills is basing his decision on money he probably wont be playing in the NBL.

Reply #325695 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Surely the tigers couldn't pull that off!

Reply #325706 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Heard another team mentioned.

List of teams I would hate to see get Patty:

Tigers
Breakers
Blaze

Umm, that's it.

Reply #325707 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Problem is Isaac 2 of those teams have enough points to get him and 1 of those teams have enough money (if he wants to play here) and the need for him

Reply #325711 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

the clubs other than Adelaide I would want to see him play for are Cairns and Wollongong as he could help both clubs on and off the court.

Reply #325713 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If the Tigers played in a big stadium I would be pleased for them to get him (presumably dropping Ubaka) and get more people out to NBL games in Melbourne, but not while they play at the Cage and charge a fair bit to get in.

Reply #325715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills has signed with the tigers.

It's 100% he's going to tigers!!!

Tiger Watcher on the Money!! Just like GWS in the AFL, Seamus is a cheating dog and the deal is done!

I love patty but cant stand the Tigers!!

It was done over two weeks ago and the talk is slowly spilling around VIC!!

Got your bets on whilst you can!!

Reply #325718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How embarrasing for Marty Clarke!!!

What a waste of time him coaching NBL in Adelaide!!!

Reply #325720 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Huh? How does that even follow?

Reply #325721 | Report this post

tendai mzungu  
Years ago

Why do you hate Blaze Isaac? I understand tigers and breakers though.

Reply #325723 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

It was never in doubt! Once the Tigers said they wanted him it was only ever Tigers or euro. No other team in oz can compete $$ wise (doesn't include NZ)

Reply #325724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha - I think you will find if he does stay in Australia it will be a lot further North than Melbourne. While some people in Oz basketball are very excited at the prospect of him playing here and training with certain team mates day in day out and building chemistry it appears that at least one Internet savvy South Aussie won't be overly impressed ;)

This all of course hinges on Pat deciding the NBL is his preferred option.

Reply #325729 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Unless u mean he will be living in North Melbourne! Right next to the training venue!

we'll wait and see!

Reply #325731 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

@TigerWatcher, interesting how "it was never in doubt" has become "we'll wait and see"

Reply #325736 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

an eerie silence in cairns !!!

Reply #325741 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

We'll wait and see...... It's just a matter of the press release.

Touched down in melb for weekend and everyone in bball circles are talking Mills signing.

Reply #325781 | Report this post

You moron  
Years ago

Except that mills is in Queensland and going to the broncos game tonight

Reply #325782 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

One rumour has him being pushed towards the Blaze to play with Worthington, Gibson and Cadee etc for familiarity with current/future Boomers teammates.

Reply #325787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

except Paul all 3 of those are highly unlikely to be Boomers in the future.
PG will be run by Mills, Martin and Delly first and foremost.

Wortho is done at international level.

Gibo has gone backwards significantly under Wright

Those 3 will only ever play at b / c grade comps from here. No need at all for Mills to be amongst that lot.

Reply #325789 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Gibson had his best year last year and will only get better at 24, not to mention that he was very consistent at the Stankovic Cup. Brown seems to like him as a defensive SG. Worthington seems to be someone Brown rates as a mobile PF and is about to hit his peak years, so whether you think it right or wrong I think those two will be at least around the mark for a while yet.

As for Cadee, he certainly seems to have been earmarked as a potential Boomer, whether that eventuates we will see.

Reply #325792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While Gibson looks to have dropped off a bit Wortho plays a pretty good role in the Boomers in a similar fashion to Vlahov's old garbage man role.

Even though his numbers weren't impressive I really liked Wortho's contributions during last year's World Championships, something that couldn't really be said of most on that team.

Reply #325795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again ,none of the three you mentioned will be part of proper boomer line ups.
By proper I mean Olympics , wc or game v a grade opposition.

Reply #325797 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You could be right, we will know by the end of next week when the team to play Spain etc is named as they will be A-grade opposition.

Reply #325800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO the only player on the Stankovic Cup team who would make our full strength team is Wortho. Gibson would be a chance depending on how the coach wants to make up the roster.

Reply #325801 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

I know there were plenty missing but Aust played their best when they went small ball. Gibson, Greenwood, Dele, Weigh and Wortho. Gibson will make the full team and Greenwood will continue to be a part of the program until teh full list is available.

Reply #325902 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754