Muzz Buzz
Years ago

Ervin gets his Euro deal

Ervin has tweeted that he has signed to play for Kiev in Europe .

Topic #26022 | Report this topic

E=MC2  
Years ago

Hawks facebook page;

"From everyone here at the Hawks we wish Gary Ervin all the best in Europe. You represented the Hawks with passion and all of our members & fans thank you for a great 2010/11 NBL Season!"

Reply #325835 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

Chicken Kiev, tough break Negro

Reply #325858 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

The biggest downside of this for me is the quality of the cheerleaders at the club he is going to.

Ukraine plus cheerleader should = so much more.

Reply #325859 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Shame he dicked the Hawks around for so long and just couldn't say 'I'm going to try and get a Euro deal, look for someone else' instead of umming and ahhing.

Reply #325860 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

He didn't "dick the hawks around". The hawks have been looking for someone else. They were fully aware of his priorities

Reply #325861 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed at the Sydney Kings , that they spoke to him a coupla months ago and got the impression that he wasn't coming and signed Aaron Bruce.

Reply #325863 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Credit to the Hawks for the way they've conducted themselves over this. Class can't be faked. Well done Gordie and Co.

Reply #325866 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I don't think Ervin lacked class, he told everyone he was chasing a Euro gig, and got one. Adelaide & Sydney moved on and the Gong are still looking.

Reply #325870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rest assured Gordie will sign a quality PG, he's the best recruiter in the league

Reply #325877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

might even end up with mills, that would be great for the league and the gong

Reply #325891 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

There was a story in the Illy Mercury on 22/7 stating that the Hawks were hopeful of Ervin returning and that he hadn't rejected their offer. I'd call that dicking around :)

Reply #325897 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think he dicked them around. It was clear all along where his priority lay and the Hawks (and every other club) got along with looking at alternatives all along.

Reply #325900 | Report this post

planking-thomas  
Years ago

gives the clowns in the gong something to whinge over. when we tried to get him, we were the worst people ever. wonder if they say the same about this deal and the team taking him on

Reply #325934 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754