Ando
Years ago

Rocket man's 36ers boost

Mitch Philp going to China with the 36ers. Will he be a development player?

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2011/08/10/rocket-mans-36ers-boost-mitch-philp-republik/

Topic #26041 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he the last player on the roster or the development player?

Reply #326049 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's a guard so I doubt he'd be the tenth signing. I imagine they'd be getting a centre.

Reply #326050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah i seen he is a gaurd, so development player then Isaac? Daley miss out?

Reply #326051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daley is in.

Reply #326056 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Arthur Daley or Tom Daly?

Reply #326067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom daly sorry. If were going big with the 10th player how does philp fit in to the picture?

Reply #326070 | Report this post

rog  
Years ago

He doesn't fit in to the 10. He is being looked at as a development player. Sixers are looking at having more than 2 development players.

Reply #326071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks rog. So you can have more than one development player? He trained with patty the other day.

Reply #326072 | Report this post

rog  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure you can have as many DP's as you want. Theyre usually all unpaid, so it doesn't affect the salaray cap.

Philp's QBL numbers are just okay. I dont think he's anything that special. Daly will still be in line ahead of him you'd think.

Reply #326075 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

If we don't spend the remaining 10 points on 1 player he could also get a roster spot and we can run with 11 players.

Reply #326078 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Big Sexy, all the money left (not much) would need to go to the tenth man, I'd guess.

Is Hooley still a development player? Saw something on Twitter about him leaving Adelaide, though it might've just been a temporary thing?

Reply #326080 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Good Point Isaac, didn't think about the money, a contracted player still has to get paid the minimum so would cut into the cap.

Reply #326082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hooley in college.

Reply #326083 | Report this post

Lily  
Years ago

Hooley off to play college. That's why he had to sit out the ABL season.

Reply #326084 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754