Avv
Years ago

Positive announcement soon re Bball on One HD

Andrew Gaze was on SEN Radio in Melbourne this morning and said an announcement is imminent regarding One HD that "will excite all basketball fans in this country"...

Topic #26045 | Report this topic

JTW  
Years ago

Shane Heal has been axed from commentary team ... I'm excited

Reply #326087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One game a week aired at midnight. Drewey is excited about anything

Reply #326088 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

At first I thought Ten would just buy out the contract when they altered their ONE format. Then I had heard three games a week with a couple live a while back, then spoke to someone who thought that was far from confirmed. Then there was the comment from Milne re weekend night games and now Drewey's comments. Talk about a roller coaster ride!

Sounds like good news (touch wood). Considering where it all couldve gone with ONE's format change I will just be grateful to have the game on TV at a decent hour.

Reply #326091 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Is the Aussie vs NZ series being televised?

Reply #326093 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

HSH2, with maybe some out of employment NBA Players?

Reply #326096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12 out of 14 36ers games being televised.

Reply #326098 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What would be great news is if broadcasts were specific into their regions - ie NSW get Sydney and Wollongong games etc but very few of your Adelaide v Gold Coast type games - and then reverse in SA obviously.

Reply #326099 | Report this post

planking-thomas  
Years ago

@JTW.... Love it!

Reply #326100 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Free to air coverage is essential for the leagues growth.

You would think with the high level of junior participation that basketball would get some decent ratings if marketed and shown at watchable times.

Keep it on One but advertise it on ten would help.
And maybe don't use imports for the add this year since half of them got the sack last season haha..

Not sure if it would have the resources behind it to show state specific games, as long as its a decent spread I will be happy.

Should be a win win situation if managed on both sides properly.

Maybe with the NBA lockout One/Ten might want to show some extra NBL games? Try to entice the NBA devote to support the local league during the lockout.

Reply #326104 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Maybe there will be more Sydney games shown Australia wide than last season. I just can't get enough of them...

Reply #326106 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

ando- sarcasim is the lowest form of humor....very funny though !!

Reply #326110 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

What can I say. I have a low humor.

Reply #326111 | Report this post

When the NBA season is on, I watch at least one NBA game a day. Even if the lockout wipes out the season, I will not resort to watching the NBL. Inferior product, inferior packaging and a waste of time. I'll stick to NBA Classic games or watch EuroLeague.

Reply #326114 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I am like you but the opposite. No matter what, I doubt I would revert to watching overpaid athletes trying to pad their own individual stats during an 82-game regular season. The playoffs are great, but until then, it's Europe or the NBL for me.

Reply #326117 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Same. I like following the stats, personalities and highlights of the NBA but don't often love watching full games for some reason.

Reply #326127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Three games a week have been confirmed with network Ten.
The opening games to be televised are:
Friday: Melbourne vs Sydney
Saturday: Adelaide vs Perth
Sunday: Wollongong vs New Zealand

Perth have about 10 home games on TV with Adelaide, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne getting about a dozen each. The 3 Queensland teams will get about 8 home games between them for the year.

Reply #326128 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Do you know times? Sunday arvo or night etc

Reply #326138 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Qld get less games on TV because you can see a live game in Qld nearly every night of the week.

Reply #326177 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

FM- yeah but that doesn't help the qld clubs selling sponsorship to clients who want more national tv exposure though.
fair playing field regarding gaining sponsorship monies ???

Reply #326182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think the Nth Qld teams are too fussed about home TV games. Those listed only add up to home games though, I think the Qld teams will have more road games on TV than that.

Reply #326198 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

It is a bit of a catch 22, clubs would want more home tv games to help sell sponsorship but then the crowds might rather save the money and watch on tv.

Die hard fans would like as many road games as possible as they attend nearly every home game.

Reply #326202 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think places like Cairns and Townsville have a lot more local sponsors who arent after national exposire so much. If it keeps the NBL on TV long term, I am happy for them to show whatever games. Hopefully this year Melbourne and Sydney are competitive from the start, that's what killed it last season, so many crap games on ONE early while those teams got themselves together.

Reply #326205 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Didn't the Cairms Chairman come out a couple of years ago and say he didn't care about TV coverage or similar?

Reply #326247 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754