alexkrad
Years ago

Wildcats: Hire gets Hired... lol

Wildcats complete 2011/12 squad, sign Greg Hire

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2011/august/wildcats-complete-201112-squad-with-wa-product-greg-hire-1/

Although Weigh is a good player, the Wildcats squad doesn't really look any different without him. Pending Redhage being back on the court, which all reports are he will be before the start of the season.
With the rest of the team staying on there will be no teething problems and the Wildcats look like another favorite.

Topic #26047 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The Perth Wildcats have rewarded West Australian basketball product Greg Hire for his incredible hard work, commitment and dedication to improving himself on and off the court by signing him as the final player for the squad that will take part in the 2011/12 iiNet NBL Championship season.

The 23-year-old forward now joins Damian Martin, Brad Robbins, Kevin Lisch, Drew Williamson, Cam Tovey, Shawn Redhage, Jesse Wagstaff, Matt Knight and Jeremiah Trueman as the Wildcats' 10-man squad for the upcoming campaign.
Look to be holding onto an import spot as insurance again.

Something like this:

Damian Martin/Brad Robbins
Kevin Lisch/Drew Williamson
Shawn Redhage/Cam Tovey
Jesse Wagstaff/Greg Hire
Matt Knight/Jeremiah Trueman

Thought Tovey could've started, but Wagstaff made that Boomers team so must be in good form.

Reply #326089 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would go for Tovey as he started at the end of last year, but either way it is still a good line-up. Would love to have seen Jervis get a go but I am sure they had their reasons. Hire certainly plays hard.

Reply #326095 | Report this post

Wolf  
Years ago

After winning the Coaches award being a development player for the Perth Wildcats in season 2010/11 Local product & Wolfpack Captain Greg Hire signed a deserved contract with the Perth Wildcats.

Follow Greg & the Wanneroo Wolves as they head into the Semi Finals in the WA SBL http://www.facebook.com/OfficialWolfpackBasketball

Reply #326097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin/Robbins
Lisch/Williamson
Tovey/Hire
Redhage/Wagstaff
Knight/Trueman

That's how I envision it.

Reply #326170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm happy with the signing of hire but I would have preferred Tom Jervis instead especially after his stats of the last 2 season in the sbl he earnt his chance

Reply #326197 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

It's a great name, not least of all because it works both with getting employed AND becoming unemployed, ie 'Hire Fired' headlines.

Reply #326214 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Martin/Robbins
Lisch/Williamson
Redhage/Tovey
Wagstaff/Redhage/Hire
Knight/Trueman

ie Redhage swinging between 3 and 4 to open up court time for Tovey while also Hire not being sole back up for Wagstaff.

Like I said before, If Redhage is back 100%, this team doesnt really look any different to last years, even with the loss of a potential starter in Weigh.

Keep Redhage, Wagstaff and Knight injury free all season and this team has to be a favorite right?

Reply #326225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i like hire's game. works hard, shows no fear and by all accounts continued to improve and develop in the sbl.

and the pun department at the west australian wet themselves with excitement at his signing.

Reply #326362 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754