paul
Years ago

Boomers in Europe: vs China

The Boomers started with a big 71-43 win over China, Crawford leading the way with 15p and 2s, Barlow 14p, 5r and 2s, Ogilvy 11r and 5r, Martin 7r, 6a and 2s.

Nielsen, Mills, Newley, Maric and Ingles didnt play, nor did Wang Zhizhi and Liu Wei for China. Kickert and Baynes picked up 9f in 30mins between them!

Boomers won the boards 43-26, shot 37% from 3p and dished out 17a. China didnt help themselves by shooting 9/27 FT!!!

Topic #26091 | Report this topic

McMoney  
Years ago

great result, does anyone know of any live streams for this event ?

Reply #326625 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Saw in the press release that they're resting D Martin for the game against Tony Parker (presuming he plays). Wouldn't he be dying to test himself against someone like Parker?

Reply #326632 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

If that's right, he'd be spewin'. But he can console himself in the fact he's still likely to face up to Teodosic, Rubio and "Croatian" Dontaye Draper. They're obviously no mugs.

Reply #326639 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He was 'rested' against Prgioni, Teodosic and Dragic at the WCs too!

Reply #326641 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

My impression is that his stocks have risen in Brown's eyes since then. Would you agree?

Reply #326643 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yes. I hope so, in my opinion he is one of our absolute most valuable players, capable of having as big an impact as Vukona does for NZ.

Reply #326652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Telegraph website in the UK will be streaming the GB games on the weekend one of which is against the Boomers.

You may have to be within the UK to access this stream though, not sure.

Reply #326654 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great result by the Boomers with quite a few stronger players 'rested' - which I interpret as giving a few of the others guys a chance to show what they can do.

I'm in Adelaide today by the way - crappy weather too!

Reply #326671 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

7 games in 11 days means that you will rest anyone you can whenever you can. France is up next and they will be tough.

Tony Parker (Spurs)
Boris Diaw (Bobcats)
Nicolas Batum (Blazers)
Ronny Turiaf (Knicks)
Joakim Noah (Bulls)

I dare say their European based guys are no slouches either.

Reply #326680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going to be interesting against France considering Mills, Newley and Ingles will be having their first proper games in a number of months while France have already had a few friendlies including one in Spain.

Parker went for 20-odd points v GB today.

Reply #326697 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

I could go for 20 odd points against great britian.... Ive seen great britians basketball site and they clainm that there win to "Macedonia" was one of there biggest ever. Please.... macedonia?????? Barely strikes fear in the hearts of the international big boys.

Reply #326734 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

About 3 minutes of it on SBS news , just then.

( Evidently affected by the encounter -
China's coach - when , one reporter had the temerity
to ask him ,if he was gonna change his strategy -
he replied ; " Whatta you , a surgeon.? "

Reply #326777 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:56 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754