Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers vs Croatia

Boomers beat Croatia 78-66.

Patty Mills with a game-high 22 pts and Dellavedova and Newley each with 11 points. Nielsen looks to have had a good all around game and Maric was a woeful 1/8 from the field.

Topic #26110 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Looks like a pretty even spread in a solid win. Shooting a little bit better at 41% but still just 32% from 3p. Pleasing thing is we took 50 2pfg and just 22 3pfg, a much better ratio from the night before.

Rebounding was 41-41 - Ogilvy and Nielsen 7 and Maric 6, Crawford 3 in 10mins - and our turnovers were down to 12 so some much better signs there.

Martin, Barlow, Kickert and Baynes didnt play. Dontaye Draper had 6p on 2/8, 7a, 4r and 2s in 20mins as Croatia spread the minutes evenly.

Reply #326983 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It looks as if Serbia beat GB 97-95 in overtime!

Reply #326986 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Newley had 7 assists

Reply #326992 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Encouraging win for the Aussies ahead of the NZ series.

Reply #326999 | Report this post

cabbage  
Years ago

Dontaye Draper - He's less Croatian than Kyrie Irving is Australian.

Is this gonna be a trend like how many footballers, particularly Brazilians switch national teams?

Reply #327010 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Australia vs Croatia Recap

Sounds like Delly is firmly entrenched in the Aussie rotation as well ahead of Martin and Gibson.

Reply #327028 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I am not sure about Martin, he played big minutes in the first game and performed very well, but Delly is getting more minutes than Gibson.

Reply #327031 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Gibbo may very well suffer the ignominy of being the starting SG at the WC's, to being out of the squad altogether, twelve months later.

Reply #327034 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

gibson is a solid player in the nbl.....but thats where it stops.
i have never been able to see any upside in his game,looks like a mental thing not a physical thing.

Reply #327045 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Gibson is a solid international back-up PG and an improving player. He is a fringe player who is more than capable of doing the job, but is always at risk of missing the team.

Reply #327050 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

If you ask me the main reason Dellevadova has been getting more playing time then Gibson and from the play by plays still on court in the final minutes of the games is cause of his defense. He really is a very good defender, you just dont see him getting much credit for it.

Reply #327075 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Height comes into it as well. At 6"4 Dellavedova is able to use that to his advantage defensively and offensively he is able to play the SG spot.

Gibson is 6"1; He can't really defend opposing SG's and his shooting is inconsistent.

The Best Boomers lineup come 2012 (if they make the Olympics) would be IMO:

Mills/Martin
Newley/Crawford/Dellavedova
Ingles/Barlow
Andersen/Nielsen/Worthington
Bogut/Jawai

Reply #327087 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Maric has come back from a pretty bad arm injury I think and this might be the cause of the shooting slump? Either way as long as our bigs rebound play D and block shots we should be ok. Although I don't like our PG shooting the most shots on the team game in game out. Once Bogut and Andersen return one would think the PG would get some assists?

Reply #327109 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754