Wound
Years ago

Georgetown v China brawl

And this was meant to be a "friendly"! Pretty savage some of those crazy chinamen!

Topic #26114 | Report this topic

Years ago

the outcome from this will be very interesting.

Reply #327131 | Report this post

Maxx  
Years ago

Better coverage on http://abcnews.go.com

Reply #327133 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Georgetown player threw the first punch so this bloke should be in trouble

Reply #327140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not good for basketball at all! Pathetic effort by both teams, to much testosterone id say. Scuffles break out all the time in sport, but to escalate like that is ridiculous.

Reply #327150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow ! saw this on the news but had to watch a few times here to see what happened. it all went down so fast.

Those Chinese dudes went hard !! Not "one inch punch" or "vibrating fist" here - more like "repeated hammer fist" and "the flying chair" !!

What would Pat Ewing, Mutombo, Iverson and Mourning say about G-Town being dominated like that ?

Seriously though, not a great look for a exhibition "friendly" is it ?

Reply #327152 | Report this post

Rowan  
Years ago

Fact 1: Bayi Rockets is a basketball affiliate of Chinese Armed Forces, which also happens to play professional basketball in China. All coaches and players on that team are officers in Chinese Army (Bayi's head coach holds an Army rank equivalent to Brigadier General in the US). The fight was between a group low ranking Chinese Army officers (also professional basketball players) against American college kids.

Fact 2: Officiating overall was horrendous, and the referees were absolutely incompetent to control the game. Think of the worst officiated basketball you had seen before, and this game would definitely be worse than that. Another fact: free throw attempts, 57 to 15, in favor of Bayi.

Fact 3: Bayi players were instigators, who took the first swing. Bayi players (including the entire bench), were main aggressors, who chased down GTown players all over the court, who sit on top of a GTown player lying on the floor and swung at him repeatedly, who swung and tossed the chairs towards GTown players, who fought a GTown player by lower body kick.

Fact 4: Audience not only tossed objects (mainly water bottles) to the court and GTown bench, but also GTown audience section, where families and friends of GTown player / coaches and school officials sit.

Stay classy, my Chinese friends.

Reply #327160 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

lol Anon ^

first China vs Brazil game breaks out in a fight and now this.

Reply #327162 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Chinese basketball appears to have some control issues at the moment...many more fights and brawls over recvent years have occurred, including with their national team. FIBA may well step in yet again.

Reply #327172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yao Ming must be rolling in his grave

Reply #327174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yao Ming rolling in his grave?

Yao isnt even dead

Reply #327177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

games held in china are always officiated terribly. talking to someone who played there recently against the chinese national team, whenever the score gets close the refs make some calls up just so china dont lose. it is an absolute joke

Reply #327178 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

its about time. blame Jabbar for teaching them how to trash talk. and there you go, it leads to another

Reply #327202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yao Ming still alive ? yeah sure ! i bet you think Elvis, John Lennon and Santa Claus are all still alive somewhere too ?

Reply #327214 | Report this post

plopeye  
Years ago

Some ppl must have seen different footage than I have. I'm pretty sure the g-town player threw the first punch. Seemed like an aggressive king hit style punch as well. What sort of reaction did you expect from the Chinese team?

Plus everyone talks about the Chinese history of being involved in fights. Don't forget there are 2 sides involved. I am very sure the US also have history of being disrespectful and aggressive in games against other nations as well.

Reply #327257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chinese absolute weak little dogs

Reply #327274 | Report this post

Marty D  
Years ago

You can't honestly say that the georgetown player had the first punch at the 20 sec mark. There is a Georgetown player on the ground at the 9sec mark getting stomped on.

Reply #327281 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

no big deal. basketbrawl happens evrywhere

Reply #327402 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hahaha just read this on Basketbawful

Top ten things overheard in the stands of the Georgetown / Chinese brawl:

Number 10: "They do realize that 'Break a Leg' is a figure of speech, right?"

Number 9: “All these Chinese, and none of them is using Kung Fu?”

Number 8: “Oh my God, there are, like, a Billion of them!”

Number 7: “I can’t wait to see what fortune cookies say after this.”

Number 6: “That reminds me - I want to rent Braveheart when we get home.”

Number 5: “This is the goodwill tour? Who organized it? Chow Yun-Fat and Bill Laimbeer?”

Number 4: “Get my broker on the phone. Chinese cotton is about to get a whole lot pricier!”

Number 3: “I haven’t seen this much violence since the Kuomintang clashed with the CPC.”

Number 2: “After you brawl Chinese, you just want to brawl again an hour later.”

And the Number One thing overheard in the stands of the Georgetown / Chinese Brawl:

“?????????????????”

Reply #327405 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bugger, number 1 was all in Chinese, didn't format though....fail.

Reply #327406 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Video reminded me of playing half court 3on 3 @ YouthTown here and Auckland lol

Reply #327507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754