Some other guy
Years ago

Go the mighty Crows

Was there even a game on sunday, crows crushed port, not even in a contest, i won footy tips with 5 tips correct cause i backed the crows. Come on crows supporters show your true colours, back your team.

Topic #2612 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

I think you will find this site is bout basketball

Reply #29306 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Yes it was a big night at the Shed after the game...the Crows unveiled the Showdown Trophy in their cabinet for all their fans to see. The breath taking ceremony was performed by members of the "franchise's" 50th anniversery premiership team...(or does it just seem that long since they've won anything important...hehe)

The Power, on the other hand, moped about in their "club" rooms for a solid five minutes, then realised it was only Round 3 and that they had actually won a premiership since the turn of the centery.

See you in Round 20.

Reply #29337 | Report this post

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

Yes Liam - the most significant part of your post is
"that they had actually won 'A' premiership"
singular
one
only
mono

probably the most frightening thing is that the Crows are not gunna be great this year - but your lot lost to em ........
;P

Reply #29348 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Liam, come and have a chat when the Power actually do a back-to-back and win two premierships in a row.

Good win by the lads....... but the season is still young.

Reply #29382 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

Truth, if you read the title of the thread (I assume you can read!), it is pretty self explanatory what it is about. If you don't like it, don't read it!

Reply #29389 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Enjoy the moment of victory over port but the year is young and things can go rotten again in a short time...lets just hope the crowies put up a fight with sydney.

Port will DESTROY carlton by 60 points....hot tip

Reply #29390 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Don't get your back up Mustafa. I never said I didn't like the thread. In fact, I always like a bit of healthy banter with Crows fans...it usually only lasts for half a game before they bolting for their cars while their team's getting flogged...but its all fun just the same.

Yes Wayne and TR, I'll get back to you in the first week of October this year shall I...:)

Seriously, the Crows played really well and they shut the Power down...(no pun intended).

Reply #29395 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

Fans leaving "bolting" early to the cars, like any loyal crows fan, I was at the game Sunday and yes it was a fantastic game, but Port fans were really quiet at ¾ time and on the way home after the game. Why was this, oh that's right 90% of them went home during the 3rd quarter (but port power fans never leave early, do they) Port Power fans left AAMI stadium like it was a bomb scare, quick to shoot the mouth off when the going it good but nowhere to be seen when it time to accept a bit of pay back.

Reply #29397 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

I wasn't talking about your reply Liam, I was posting about The truth.....

Reply #29540 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Thats strange Fibs 500...

I was there till the end, and I didnt see anyone leaving at 3/4 time...

Perhaps the empty seats you could see were the 8000 Cows supporters that didnt show in the first place?

Reply #29545 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

No worries 'Staf. My mistake.

Geez I love a bit of footy banter!!!Fire up Forbesy!!! I'm with Avanti on this one...I did see a few fans here or there leave but nothing compared to what you were talking about. I think plenty of Power people hung around til the final siren because they wanted to see the boys off the field (and yes some of them wanted to give them a bit of stick about their lousy performance!). But hey, dont let the facts get in the way of a good story :P

Reply #29549 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

Take your rose coloured glasses off port fans were leaving early. It happens.

Bulid a bridge and get over it. Your not the best club in the world....not even in this city any more

Reply #29551 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Oooh touchy...

Hey Liam, I have a serious suggestion for the next "showdown"..

Can you give the first half of your email address?

Reply #29553 | Report this post

PAFC member  
Years ago

"Your not the best club in the world....not even in this city any more" - Forbes 500, 13/04/05

Stick that one in the memory bank.

You've got to be kidding. They won the premiership, they've won the minor round the last 3 years running, they've had Francou and Primus returning. They're still the best in the league. Give them time. I can't believe the short memories that some people have.

Liam - stir 'em up.

From a PAFC member.

Reply #29570 | Report this post

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

good on you Liam - it is nice to see faith in an employee for their organisation ;}

Reply #29577 | Report this post

PAFC member  
Years ago

we are cocky but we have a right to, we are the greatest club in the world!

Go port boo the crowes

Reply #29583 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hmmmm, Minor Premiers for the past three years and only 1 premiership.......... anyone mention the word chokers.

The Crows came from four or fifth to win their back-to-back premierships.

Footy talk......gotta love it. When was the last time a rivallry occurred like this in basketball???

Reply #29668 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TR, I take it you don't read the OzHoops forums...? You can't discuss anything without a war starting in there due to fan rivalries.

Reply #29670 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Port.......greatest club in the world........ I'll pay credit for loyalty, but have you been swimming in the Port River again????

The Crows are the best supported 'non-Victorian' Club in the AFL in 2004, and the third best 'home' supporter base. The only other clubs to beat them were Collingwood and Essendon.

Adelaide 'Home' crowd: 438,664
Power 'Home' crowd: 328,647

See a heap more empty seats at Power games compared to Crows games.

One or two premierships doesn't make it the greatest club in the world...... Minor premierships don't count.

Reply #29673 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nah Isaac, get frustrated with OzHoops, I got sick of trawling through the rubbish.

Reply #29675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754