Tiger Watcher
Years ago

Waverley vs Eltham - one of the best in years

I caught the Waverley Vs Eltham game yesterday and I must say one of the best ABA games I've seen in years!

Got to say how that Platnik has been offered good $$ to play even at SEABL level is beyond me, he can dead set fill it up.

Can’t wait for game 2 & maybe 3 next weekend it will be another ripping contest.

Topic #26132 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Platenik is so underrated is beyond a joke, he was robbed of MVP last year, but he's underrated because he's of such a slight build for that PF position. But still gets it done time and time again.

Reply #327433 | Report this post

Excellent play by Waverley in generally a good game . Eltham struggled to find a way to bring Adrian Sturt into the game . Daniel Dillon outstanding .

Reply #327434 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Platenik knows how to find the basket and although light on, is too quick and agile for the bigger bigs.

Reply #327440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt wasn't as dominating as he was against ringwood, looked lost at times at both ends! His shot selectoin wasn't the best either taking way to many easy mid-rangers for a guy his size rather than attacking the rim!

With the likes of Platnik & Tragardh in the game it was always boning be a great spectacle by put when dillon and Lenard were gong blow for blow it was great bball!

Reply #327444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going^

Reply #327445 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like Sturt only 8 , 8 , 4.
Tragardh = 29 , 13 , 7 .

Reply #327449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel you're saviour Sturt couldn't even produce ina BigV game.

Reply #327463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What i find most fascinating about Platenik is how on earth he dominates the rebounds when he is so skinny and slight, remarkable. To Waverley's credit their execution of the game plan is spot on and they just will not quit on it, and that club's junior program is on the rise as well, things are looking up for them.

Reply #327465 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

They are a good program no dobut, quite clear that Waverley and Eltham this year have been the strongest two programs in the Big V.

Credit to both clubs for thier performances thus far this year.

I know he is looks akward but i'm still so surprised no one has given Platnik a crack in SEABL or even NBL.

Reply #327482 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Whilst Platenik is a bit light on for his position, IMO he is not a very good defender and this also hurts his NBL prospects. However I would have thought by now someone would have given him a crack.

Reply #327490 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

RE: Platenik, why would he move up to SEABL when Waverly have shown their willingness to throw fistfuls of cash at you at the BigV level? He's happy where he is.

Reply #327514 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

At the bigger/stronger Big V clubs, just as much cash is being thrown around as within many of those within SEABL ranks...

Reply #327520 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

The money for the top 2-3 players at SEABL would be the same as Big V at the moment.

Has the Big V caught SEABL? Who would win in a Nunawading v Eltham game?

Reply #327541 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Eltham, Waverley and Ringwood the standouts in Big V only this past season IMO and at SEABL level.

Reply #327545 | Report this post

Have seen a lot of SEABL matches this year and only a few Big V so my opinion may not fair and accurate ....

IMO Big V has not yet got the same standard overall as SEABL but no doubt based on the level of play at the recent Eltham - Waverley match both teams would would be in top 8 teams qualifying for the SEABL finals starting this coming week-end.

IMO the Eltham team despite star players like Gerard Leonard -, Tommy Greer-Cameron Tragardh-and some would say Adrian Strut would struggle against teams like Geelong or Nunawading not to mention Kilsyth in recent weeks simply because the team looks to depend too much on these star players and do not have the general depth of these SEABL teams.

Anyway ..there is room for both Big V and SEABL and this year the top clubs in both leagues are in great form !

Reply #327553 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

Highlights from the above game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0NpQFgSuQM

Reply #327592 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here is a hyperlink to the highlights: Game 1 Highlights

Reply #327643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754