Angry Rocket
Years ago

Rocket Turmoil

Sitting at the Game on the weekend I don't know for how much longer other players can put up with the abuse that Nathan Hawkes gives to his team mates, and lack of respect he has for his coach. every second word that is rushed from his mouth is F--- this and F--- you. Something needed to be said.

Topic #2614 | Report this topic

Ouch  
Years ago

I've kind of thought Hawkes to be in the same mold as Matthew Richardson (kind of looks like him too with that flavour saver). He has and always will abuse his team mates, which is why he will never play on a championship winning team. You can't motivate your team by scaring them, it causes more harm than good. This is disappointing because he has a lot of natural ability, but his head and mouth take away from his actual game.
Bout time someone brought this up, good one angry rocket.

Reply #29317 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

i agree i was at the game on saturday and as soon as anything went agaisnt him he just couldnt handle it and trys to blame other team mates and even try to start on jye watson who in my opinion could knock hawks flat on his ass

Reply #29321 | Report this post

Jezzalenko  
Years ago

29317 im pretty sure hawkes has played in 1 or 2 championships in his career.

Reply #29354 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I agree jye could nock hawkes on his ass

But seriously if he got on with the game, it may help him stay focused and get more respect from his team mates at the same time instead of bitching all the time and no one likes a winger.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have the respect from his team but they may listen and take in what he says but if his yelling at them and blaming them they are not going to listen to that.

Reply #29366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe if the average age of the north squad wasn't 45 he would calm down

Reply #29373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What kind of excuse is that Hawkes needs to put a lid on it, what type of guy does that? he is an ex NBL player playing with an NBL legend he has no excuse to yell and abuse his team. Hambour and Kent need to put him in his place and coach scotty needs to stop taking the crap he does, common guys lets play good ball.

Reply #29374 | Report this post

Years ago

Give it up.. he works hard, hustles, puts in his all and he's one of the leaders in the team, so he has the right to bark at afew of the younger players. Ok he might not be playing his best basketball at the moment, but North seems to be doing fine.

Reply #29375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you looked at their stats they are not doing just fine even they will agree!........

Reply #29376 | Report this post

Ex- Roster  
Years ago

Hawkes has not won any Campionship since his junior days. And even they would have been slim. Just doesn't understand how to win.

Reply #29383 | Report this post

Kramer  
Years ago

Average age of 45? what anon on, apart from Hawkes and McKay there squad is just young up and coming kids

Reply #29384 | Report this post

Yeah!  
Years ago

Correct me if i'm wrong but North men have not won the what is now the Bank SA State league(winter and main ABL season) since 1983. since Hawks has not played for anyone else it would then be quite easy to conclude that he has not won a championship!

If only he didn't travel againt the eagles in the last minute or so in 2003...what could have been?

Reply #29421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasnt a travel !!!!

Reply #29454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All I can say is... Out with the old, in with the new!

Reply #29464 | Report this post

Paul Smith  
Years ago

Funny anonymous, but the referee called travel and having looked at the tape I can only agree with the referee. You must be like choko and a whinger when things don't go your own way

Reply #29613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

..Funny how none of Hawkes' teammates agree with the things people are saying about him on here

Reply #30077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754