Anonymous
Years ago

Cairns vs Pierce and Beasley

http://www.nbl.com.au/taipans1/news/article/2011/august/china-experience-2-snakes-v-nba-superstar/

Great story of Brad Hill and Jeff Dowdell vs Paul Pierce and Michael Beasley in China

Topic #26148 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice article... LOL about the Chinese woman holding a toaster at breakfast in case Brad Hill wanted some toast!

It would be a pretty cool experience for the Taipans getting to play against Pierce and Beasley. Doesn't seem like they tried very hard though, since Hill and Dusty put up some good numbers against them and Cairns won easily.

Reply #327695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bet Jeff gets that photo framed!

Reply #327696 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Nice to see Cairns getting in some valuable preparation to the NBL season almost upon us. Does anyone know what the 36ers are doing in that regard? I realise the 2 new imports only arrived this week, but isn't Clarke still tied up with the Boomers? I am a bit concerned about the lack of time with the NBL season only about 6 weeks away and we don't seem to be doing very much to prepare for it. If anyone has got some positive facts about the preparation to the coming season, please advise. I welcome any good news. I don't mean the preseason games that are scheduled in the next few weeks, but preparation leading to that and the regular season.

Reply #327744 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They have been training for weeks. Like other clubs, they have pre-season games planned - a couple against Cairns, a couple against the Hawks, one against the Tigers. They've mentioned discussions about a possible series of games in China that may not have come off, and there may be a Blitz pre-season event. Aren't these sorts of things what every club does every year?

Reply #327753 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Thanks for your response Isaac. I am aware of these pre season activities but I guess my question was aimed more on what stage they are at right now towards preparation for the new season. Cairns have already had some games in Cairns from visiting teams and are now playing overseas, whereas our 2 imports have just arrived. How much time has Clarke put into this preparation whilst being involved with the Boomers?

Reply #327757 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There are still two coaches (I assume York is still involved) running trainings with the team. It's not like they stop and wait for him to come back. Radford is pretty key to the coaching operation from what I gather.

Not sure of Breakers' status - can't imagine they've bothered to rush imports in when 3-4 players are off with the Tall Blacks. Hawks have only trained with one import so far, and barely (think he got in Monday or Tuesday). Blaze are without Gibson and Wortho plus have some injuries (Wright mentioned 3-4 injuries). Cairns still have to sign a second import unless I've forgotten someone - must be some injuries too given name players aren't showing up as stat leaders in China or those games against touring clubs. In Perth, Redhage is only just making it back to game-readiness, Martin is off with the Boomers and Knight and Tovey have been injured this off-season. I think it might just be Melbourne that have anything like a full squad together at this point.

Reply #327759 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Crosswhite (Ankle) Loughton (OP) Williams (Knee) did not travel with the team to China.

Reply #327793 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If there is an import starter to come, would that mean they were travelling without three of their eventual starting five?

Reply #327794 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pre-Season games coming up:

28/8/11           4:00PM            Wollongong     Sydney                         The Snakepit
2/9/11 7:00PM Sydney Waratah All Stars Bridgecoast Stadium
2/9/11 7:30PM Townsville Cairns RSL Stadium Townsville
3/9/11 7:30PM Adelaide Wollongong Ulverstone Arena
4/9/11 4:00PM Adelaide Wollongong Devenport BB Stadium
9/9/11 7:00PM Sydney Gold Coast Tamworth Sports Dome
10/9/11 7:00PM Sydney Gold Coast Tamworth Sports Dome
10/9/11 7:30PM Adelaide Cairns Starplex, Adelaide
11/9/11 3:00PM Adelaide Cairns The Arena, Adelaide
16/9/11 7:30PM Townsville Perth RSL Stadium, Townsville
17/9/11 7:00PM New Zealand Wollongong Tauranga Indoor Stadium
29/9/11 7:00PM Melbourne Adelaide Geelong Arena

Reply #327816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

York with Lightning now.

Casella there instead....

Reply #327833 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:57 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754