Degenerate
Years ago

Does a crowd hype you as a player up or down?

I only play junior basketball and are yet to play in front of a large crowd, only parents and the odd spectator or people waiting for the next game...

Anyway,

Does a home crowd get you pumped or make you feel worse knowing people are watching you?

Does an away game make you feel pumped or nervous knowing not a lot of people are not backing you?

or it just doesn't bother you, if not did it ever?

Just Curious...

Topic #2617 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The thought of playing your first games in front of big crowds is nerve wracking. once you get out there on the court in your first big game its all adrenalyn. You dont hear/notice the crowd.

Reply #29355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i like playing in front of people who don't like me, i.e stupid parents, it pumps me up big time

Reply #29370 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I was got canned from a game recently with a large crowd due to replying to a peanut parent. Due to forum guidelines I won't repeat what was said in my direction, or my reply.......... I was told to hit the showers. I got a standing ovation for my reply from other parents around the one peanut, and a smile from the ref, but then she pointed to the door and said enough was enough. The funny thing was the peanut parent got canned as well.

Reply #29381 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

A home game was a lot of fun and it helped lot when you having a stinker of a game, no one 'boos' you, but I had the 'Shane Heal' mentality, when you played away and some clown in the stand tried to heckle you it always made me tried that little bit harder and tried to fired up. It was so much sweeter to stick it up their bum when you were on fire and started to win, but always loved it when they kept going like the idiots they are..

Reply #29407 | Report this post

Wit F&*K  
Years ago

Ermmmm, the crowd hypes me down.....

Reply #29479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754