Analyst
Years ago

Rashad Tucker vs Norwood

Absolute legend, kept his mouth shut all game, despite alot of trash from the Norwood Bogans, and led the charge.... Had the last laugh.... Absolute GOLD (and blue) moment in ABL finals.... He showed great club pride at the end too..

Need more of this talent and personality back in CABL hoops.

Topic #26216 | Report this topic

daniel talia  
Years ago

Could he makea return to nbl/d-leauge?

Reply #329048 | Report this post

Middleman  
Years ago

I hardly think going up to the crowd of young flames supporters at the end of the game and arrogantly laughing at them doesn't show good sportsmanship nor a good role model. Theres alot to be said for winning gracefully an put a dampner on the celebrations.

Reply #329052 | Report this post

Hydra 18  
Years ago

Middleman these were not all 'young' supporters. The focus of Rashad's tame antics were a group of late teens who spent the game trash talking Tucker and then carried on with foul gestures after the win. Oh and one of those proud supporters decided to end his performance with a racist barrage at Tucker over a megaphone a he was diving out of the public car-park.

This was a group of (mostly) young men whose arrogance and lack of respect for those playing the game reflected badly on the Norwood Club.

Reply #329054 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

just to add to the end of Hydra's spill there was also a bottle thrown in the general vacinity of rashard but i guess it just summed up norwoods shooting on the night

Reply #329057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If these are the types of products of the Norwood program, these young men, then I don't want my kid there.

Reply #329060 | Report this post

Middleman  
Years ago

I'm sure he's not a stranger to trash talk by him or to him. I just believe the 30 point game by him and the win would have spoken loud enough with out going back at them in front of a crowd that was majority juniors. If there was a racial slur I agree disgusting behavior, should be reported and action taken.

Reply #329061 | Report this post

Lucy  
Years ago

All Tucker did was pretend to laugh and point at his singlet after a hard well earned victory. Very tame stuff and pretty funny actually.

Can't see how anyone can view that as unsporting behaviour and having a bad influence on kids while they're happy to sit with a group that uses megaphones, drums and lights to try and put another team off its game.

Reply #329063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My god that was an over the top and classless performance by tucker. I can see why people say he is a cancer on teams. It was all about him after the game. Sure players get shouted at and put off by fans during match, nothing new there. From what I had seen, he seemed like a decent enough guy until then. This comes from an impartial Observer.

Reply #329064 | Report this post

Lucy  
Years ago

Impartial my a%$e Anon 329064. How long did it take to get the red and blue warpaint off fella?

Reply #329066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those wankers gave Tucker unbelievable amounts of sh*t ALL SEASON. Theres banter and trash talk, and then theres this. That norwood cheer squad always completely cross the line with racial abuse etc. Norwood got the better of Forestville in every other game this season (the GF was the 4th time they've met). But this time he got them when it mattered and handed some well deserved stick back to those "fans" which was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone who wasn't a Norwood fan.

The behavior of Norwood's cheer squad, and to extent their ABA team (stupidly aggressive, start fights/push and shove almost every game they play, i could go on) is disgraceful and I cant believe they dont realise how bad they make their club look.

Anyway, if you dont know the full story Tuckers actions might have seemed a bit strange, but if you did it was a hilarious, brilliant end to a season where the good guy got one up on the baddies when it counted.

Reply #329067 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Firstly, as a member of the Norwood cheer squad I have absolutely no issue with Rashad's excitement. He copped a lot of stick from the group over the course of about 3 games and rightfully was stoked when they won on the grand stage.

Somehow I knew this racist card would be thrown and without bringing to much attention to the individual the young kid is a black american and in making the remark was having a dig at himself and tucker at the same time. does this make it right? no but hardly as harsh as it originally sounds.

This group of 'young men' which consisted of two 18 year olds and then a varied age group ranging from under 10's to under 18's male and female just came out to support there club. I do not understand how a young group of kids can cop so much ridicule (norwood bogans) for wanting to come out and support the club they play for! No other club seems to put that much time and effort into gathering support, surely this good for CABL? Tucker's performance in front of our cheer squad, surely this is good for CABL? shows life and heart in an otherwise lifeless league?

Some harsh remarks towards some kids in our cheer squad from Forestville fans were quite over the top, especially the ones in reference to a kids weight. When an Adult has to personally attack a child about their weight in a back and forth sledging match then IMO bar racism, there is nothing lower.

As for anonymous,
I managed to come across your post just before I posted my own. NO RACIST COMMENTS BEFORE THE ABOVE MENTIONED HAVE EVER BEEN MADE. Before putting together this cheer squad, we were firmly spoken to by our club leaders that it would certainly not be tolerated and as a group we made it clear that it would not be.

If many knew how all this started, I tend to wonder how different your opinions would be.

Reply #329069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I don't know the history, only seen Tucker play a couple times and I am an impartial observer. From an outsiders point of view, the young Norwood fans were giving Eagles crap, but deal with it, your a 'professional' sportsmen. I get he wanted to shove it to him so he did, and then it went on and on and on. Even the obvious Forestville supporters around me seemed pretty embarassed by the display.

Reply #329070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

face it norwood had no answer to tucker. and there cheers squad sucks.

Reply #329074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Half these people should be able to have a say if they could spell properly and use proper grammar. E.g. Anonymous #329074

Reply #329075 | Report this post

NBC 4 life  
Years ago

As a member of the norwood cheer squad and one of the leaders being only 15, I copped a lot of abuse from the forestville fans in their 40's and 50's, unprovoked. It was a sad sight to see them go to that level and being so young we didnt know what to do. Backing up AK-47's post, we are a very young group consisting of only 2 18 year olds and the majority of us being 13-16 years old. We felt intimidated, coming to have fun and make some noise, not expecting to recieve threats and abuse!

Reply #329076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

unproved my ass, you acted like a bunch of pricks all night, especially towards tucker

Reply #329077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok lets assume there was no racial abuse etc, at the end of the day all it was was a player having a laugh at his haters after he got the better of them a beat them in a GF after copping non stop crap from them all throughout the season. Yes, the norwood fans have the wright to cheer/jeer etc. But them having the right to do what they do means tucker has the right to do what he did.. and all that was, was to point at the cheersquad and then pretend to fall over laughing at them. IT WAS NOT SINISTER (UNLIKE MANY NORWOOD FANS TOWARDS HIM). HE KEPT IT CLEAN. AND IT WAS FUNNY. he owned you norwood fans, deal with.

Reply #329078 | Report this post

rashard.none  
Years ago

Agreed with NBC 4 life, I was a supporter just in the crowd and thought the effort the Norwood Crowd went to was just phenomenal. It's great to see all these kids come out, but when you get a load of drunk wives of the forestville players, slurring and abusing these kids, it's beyond unnecessary.
Tucker, just like any player, will get abused when playing, as after all just as anon #329070 said, he is a 'professional player'. How much crap does Kobe get at NBA games, or LeBron, jeez they get over it, but don't go around laughing at a bunch of supporters do they?

How many professional players do Norwood have? None. And forestville? the only way they'll win is by paying money to get some hack to win.

Filthy eagles

Reply #329079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hoops readers be preapred to read all kinds of untrue things written by norwood cheer squad members. they are just upset that they guy they tanuted all season destroyed them then had a laugh at them on grand final night.

Reply #329080 | Report this post

rashard.none  
Years ago

the spelling skills you possess anonymous, are horrendous.

Reply #329081 | Report this post

Ex Pres  
Years ago

Drunk Forestville Wives....you idiot.....
Blair ,Doyle,Smyth, Majok,Newlands, Haydon are all single.

If you cant write the corret information, I would suggest you write nothing at all.

As they say, winners are grinners and losers have next year

Reply #329082 | Report this post

daniel talia  
Years ago

Tucker a cheap pickup to 36ers? Could fill that 6th man spot.

Reply #329084 | Report this post

rashard.none  
Years ago

And what about Sock's wife? She was just an embarrassment to herself and the club.

Don't you Forestvillians read the rules, 'no naming or bashing under 18 players.' You seem to be bashing on a lot of players who are under 18! Looks great on the club

Reply #329085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game last night and this thread is keeping me very entertained... you Norwood guys were having some good banter with the older eagles supporters, but I dont think they were saying any worse stuff then what you were to them so good work complaining

Reply #329086 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So it seems the racial abuse claim has been confirmed by the Norwood fans. But their leader says as it came from a black american kid, well that's all ok. Well not to the hundreds of young supporters who heard it it isn't. There is never any excuse to use racist taunts, ever.

Good luck trying to justify your behaviour Norwood. In the end the Karma drum hit you big time.

Spend the summer learning a bit about respect.

Reply #329089 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Firstly Anon, I did not excuse it, if you read my comment properly I agreed it wasn't ok. On a side note, if it was an Australian making a comment about another Australian's culture/race would we even be having this discussion?

Reply #329090 | Report this post

Middleman  
Years ago

I'm not a fan of either team so my criticism of tucker is not biased. He no
doubt lifted the eagles in the final term with some great plays and had a reason to be proud. It just seemed from the other side of the court not hearing what was going on that he celebrated HIS win and HIS ego. It wasnt what he did it's the way he did if. Now im no fan of webber at the best of times but i no doubt believe if he acted in the same way after a win you would not be so kind to him. Im all for showing emotion but Tucker would have topped off a stellar performance if he directed his excitement towards his team.

Reply #329092 | Report this post

Hydra 18  
Years ago

Where were these drunken wives by the way. I was sitting behind the eagles bench and the behaviour there was pretty good. Which side of the stadium did the taunts come from?

Reply #329093 | Report this post

Sucked in  
Years ago

Norwood is well known for being the biggest bunch of dickheads in the league. Every game they play in there always seem to be an issue. Webber is a protected species on court and they seem to get away with a lot.

So Tucker kicked your arse and gave you some of your own medicine? Deal with it! Your ABL team for years have been the leaders in unsportsman- like behaviour and from a neutral point of view it was great to see those tossers lose.

Reply #329094 | Report this post

Pen15  
Years ago

Ok, Ok...lets get something straight! Rashad Tucker is a washed up NBL failiure, who prances around like some massive superstar in the ABA. what more of a tool do you want! and RATHER than celebrating with his TEAM, he would rather feed his own ego by coming over and taunting us....what a GOOOODD BLOKE!

Reply #329095 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Better a hasbeen than a neverwas any day of the week, Pen15.

In the meantime, Tucker wakes up this morning with some silverware, a headache and a big smile.

Whereas, you wake up with a need to buy some solvol to get that red and blue paint of your face and the bitter taste of humiliation on your tongue.

Reply #329096 | Report this post

rog  
Years ago

We all know Tucker has an ego. We all know norwood fans are over the top (which I think is fine). If the norwood fans dish it out, they should be prepared to get it back - Instead they come on here and whinge, "aw we're only 16, we didn't know how to handle it". Thats pathetic. 16 isn't that young anymore folks. If you're old enough to dish it out, you're old enough to take it. End of the day its not that big of a deal .. just awesome rivalry that is good for the ABA.

Reply #329098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahaha its not racist beacuse the kid that was saying the things black aswell.

Reply #329101 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Did anyone pick up how many times Tucker traveled last night,boy did the refs do this man a favor.Once under the basket he lost his pivot foot twice,i agree the guy is a great player but as the song goes-i get by with a little help from my friends.

Reply #329102 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

As a member of the Flames Cheer Squad I think this whole issue has been blown out of proportion. We make every effort to get out to the games, get into to team colours and do anything we can to help our team win. If this includes trying to put off members of the opposition then so be it. Rashad Tucker still considers himself to be a professional sportsman so why couldn't he handle it like one. He got the Flames supporters off side when he took exception to their attempts to put him off and wanted to fight with some 17 year old supporters. Our response was to take it back to Rashad and get as many numbers as we could to get stuck into him with some harmless comments and taunts about his ego. We were able to get into his head and won the game. In the Semi-Final the same thing happened, Rashad got fouled off and Norwood won the game by 19. In the grand final we knew the atmosphere would be different at the dome so we brought out drums, vuvzelas, megaphones etc. Most of these were confiscated and we were unable to affect Rashad's game, him scoring 30 and ultimately winning the game. This is all that we did. You can't say that it's unacceptable to put him off because 1. Forrestville do it as well and 2. If he was a professional it wouldn't have affected him. Nobody made and racial taunts, anything that we said was intended to either put him off or be a comment on his arrogant nature. He displayed his arrogance after the game when he paraded around in front of the Norwood fans and seemed to be more delighted in our disappointment than the teams achievement. I thought that in itself was disgusting that he made the game about himself and not the team. Carla Borrego was similar as she was unsighted in the celebration after the mens game. If you were a member of one of the Forrestville teams, it would surely be a hollow victory knowing that the two players that won the championships for them were so detached and disinterested in the team. Finally I would like to highlight the behaviour of wives, girlfriends and others associated with the Forrestville players. You would expect teenage boys to display a lack of maturity but you wouldn't expect it from those adults. They engaged in petty arguments with the cheer squad and made a personal remark about a certain 17 year olds weight. I thought that that reflected poorly on them as adults and was highly inappropriate. So before Forrestville supporters have a go at us, come to realise that you have no grounds to do so, thanks.

Reply #329107 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

getting sick of these high and mighty 17 year olds claiming their immaturity as a defense. "We're young and immature so its okay, How dare the adults do what we were doing?!".

If a whole cheer squad spent a season getting in your head .. and then you drop 30 and win the grandfinal OFCOURSE you're going to celebrate infront of said cheersquad. That would be the sweetest feeling! What did you expect! If you taunt someone for a season, you've gotta realise the posibility of this happening?

Maybe appreciate the fact that you were actually able to get into his head so much he felt the need to celebrate in front of you. Either way, just accept you lost on the day, and that Tucker was completely justified to celebrate the way he did. Man up and take it! Losing hurts! Come back harder next year!

Reply #329108 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

rashard.none your memory skills are horrendous.

"How many professional players do Norwood have? None. And forestville? the only way they'll win is by paying money to get some hack to win."

Really? Who plays in the NBL in the forestville team currently? No one. If you are talking about past players in the NBL then how come you forgot to mention Cooper or Hambour, or are you trying to say they are Norwood Juniors? lol If it wasn't for Cooper I doubt they would have won so many titles recently.

I wasn't at the game but from reading what happened I think what Tucker did was fine after how much the Norwood Fans give him. Obviously the Norwood fans are deflecting their disappointment of losing over to something they can complain about instead of focusing on their teams poor 4th quarter!

Great effort by Tucker and he proved who the real Woollacott medal should have gone to!

You can find a picture of the Tucker incident of him holding his shirt here thanks to Milbank Photography

Reply #329109 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Whoops ill try again Visit W3Schools

or the link is http://yvonnemilbank.com/photos/Sport/Basketball%20-%20Central%20ABL/2011-09-03_Men's%20GF/470%20-%20Tucker%20pumped-6449.jpg

Reply #329110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King-James, I think if you read the whole thread you'll see the Norwood cheer squad are actually defending some pretty hefty accusations against them not "deflecting their disappointment". They didn't start the thread, it was a forestville feral who had to have a go.

Reply #329113 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

King James,

I think Rashad.one is referring to the fact both Mottram and Rashad have been playing in professional leagues around the world directly before they signed with Forestville and both will likely continue to do so after their stints here. Cooper is a retired ex-NBL player and Hambour hasn't been on an NBL roster in years.

Reply #329114 | Report this post

NBC  
Years ago

@AD

If you won a championship, something you and your team had been working hard at all year, wouldnt you rather celebrate the fact that all the work you have collectivly put in during the year has finally paid off? Not leave the group to go and satisfy your own personal vandetta of bragging to some kids?

What was he trying to say that he's better than a bunch of kids? no shit he is a better basketballer thats why he is there and we were in the stands.

But in the terms of a role model to your club, pathetic.

And as for the rest of you calling both the norwood teams and fans bogans and unsportsman like, its called playing the game deal with it and whats the harm in coming out to support our club. Better that than sitting at home resulting in an empty and quite basketball stadium.

Reply #329115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Truly a whole lot about nothing,just a player celebrating a win.

Reply #329116 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

@NBC I was about to say that but you summed it up beautifully.

1. Rashad Tucker's ego was the inital instigator
2. An arrogant celebration like that is never justified. 36er fans didnt think it was justified when Julius Hodge celebrated like an idiot. He got given heaps by the fans as well didnt he? A humble professional sportsmen wouldve risen above it and celebrated with his TEAMMATES

Reply #329119 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

im still trying to work out what happened that was so bad, norwood had some fun dissing tucker and tucker had fun rubbing it in norwoods face. Did anyone get hurt?? Is anybody never coming out to an aba game again??
to me it was a little bit of fun everyone needs to move on from

BTW fantastic from both teams for a fantastic grand final

Reply #329121 | Report this post

cmac  
Years ago

Come on ya'll lets all just be friends!

P.S Norwood had better lightsabers.

Reply #329124 | Report this post

europa94  
Years ago

Anon #121, I think you've summed it up perfectly. I was there as a neutral observer (yes, I really am not a supporter of either team, and nor were many others in the crowd). I was not too far from the Norwood Cheer Squad, and whilst the banter was pretty relentless towards Rashad, it was all in good fun. As for Rashad's celebration...good on him! he just won a grand final, so let him celebrate anyway he likes.

At the end of the day, no harm done. Isn't passion what sport is all about?

Reply #329126 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

@NBC ... haha well i've actually won an aba championship (sat on the bench, but still!), and I guarantee the night out celebrating with the team is more memorable than what happens at the stadium post-game. Also, I've spoken to one of the forrestville guys and he said the whole team loved his celebration and love him as a team mate. If they didn't think it was selfish or anti-team, I don't know why you should label him as such.

ps: Julius Hodge situation is completely different cos he played for us. If Tucker played with norwood last season my opinion on his celebration would be different.

Reply #329128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

duuuude how gay is jake dyer

Reply #329129 | Report this post

NBC  
Years ago

@AD

Im sure the night out is probably judged by the size of the hangover the next morning rather than anything else. I dont know how you celebrate championships but for me the greatest moment is the buzer sounding sealing the victory not something that happens hours later

Well congratulations to him, his team won a championship. I just dont think that he's setting a positive role model for all your fans, showing that its all about his personal achievement rather than the team otherwise he would have been with them.

Reply #329133 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

w.nner or w..nker -
i say hes a winner and that all he cares about
winner are grinners
norwood complaning about sportsmanship or lack - well maybe because you are the experts at lacking clas or good grace in the first place
got to love the fire in the belly.

what about focussing on great game and the eagle dynasty continues

Reply #329136 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Which Eagle dynasty are you referring to anon?

Reply #329137 | Report this post

rashard.none  
Years ago

In reply KingJames... Firstly I'd like to say James is not the king seeings as he choked rather badly.
But just as AK-47 said, Tucker has been playing in leagues around the world and not to mention just a washup who has ended up in the ABA. And just like Cooper being a RETIRED NBL player, he knew that his time in the NBL was at an end, rather than Tucker who continued to try play and just ended up getting sacked and become a washup.

So mate, your argumentative skills are horrendous. Just thought I'd put that out there

Reply #329141 | Report this post

i thought my celebration was great last night, showed all them little shits how basketball is really played and I don't think I'm arrogant in any way! Proved all them haters wrong! And I ain't no washup

Reply #329142 | Report this post

europa94  
Years ago

The funniest thing about the above post is that the person pretending to be Rashad can't even spell his first name correctly!

Reply #329144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither can the person who created this post.

Reply #329145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon 9129 best post of the thread!!

Reply #329146 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Someone give the Norwood kiddies a tissue. I understand a double choke is hard to take but you got back as good as you got. Next year put the middle fingers away and take the loss with some dignity.

Reply #329149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To me Tucker was doing 2 things. He kept pointing to the Forestville section of juniors/fans to acknowledge their support and say thanks and "I got ur back".... Then he'd mock the Norwood fans and then point at the Eagles fans. Then he he pulled his eagles top saying this is pride baby...Eagles pride... it was basketball drama at his best, harmless clean fun and nothing but pride for his club and the win. I think what he was saying to the Eagles fans thanks for putting up with their sh*t all game, and here now we get the last laugh.... Good on him for sticking up for his fans and club. Great for the game... Just look at all teh talk about in here!

Reply #329153 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If what Rashad Tucker did was fine, why is everyone talking about it? If a Norwood player had gone up the the Forrestville cheer squad and taunted them after the game, I would've been embarrassed for them. Aren't we Aussies? Isn't it part of going to sporting events to get stuck into the opposition? It's the job of the players to keep out of it.

Reply #329154 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The point is anon 329154 that the Flames fans have been over the top all year - loud, brash and in your face with all the bells and whistles. Fair enough.

Their main target all year has been Rashad Tucker. They proudly admit that.

Should be no surprises then that the guy calls them to account when his team wins the GF as a rank outsider.

So why are they whining like school kids, then? ooops. I forgot, they are.

Boys (and girls) take a little lesson in life from last night. He who laughs last laughs loudest. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Reply #329155 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anything you see us say/do at a game is a direct reflection of the example that has been set for us by adults, displays like that of Tucker and the WaGs are what tells us that it is okay for us to act like that.

To quote Shakespeare - "The villainy you teach me I will execute—and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction."

If Tucker had risen above the trash talk (that he brought upon himself), we would've respected both that and the game that he had. Not only that but it sets a good example for us.

Don't tell us that we are having a whine because this dispute started when Analyst called us Norwood Bogans and accusations of racial slurs are being throw around. We have every right to defend ourselves. And in that defence we might have happened to mention Rashad Tucker's hideous display of arrogance as part of our reasoning for our aversion to him and his ego. Deal with it.

Reply #329157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville: 2 Norwood: Zilch, Nothing Zero.

Just about says it all. Norwood have never been renowned for their grace in defeat and can't even win this argument!!

Reply #329159 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I actually think Tucker played rather average for how he could have, jeeez he had some good looks and missed heaps could have had 50+ points if he shot better.

Reply #329163 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Skud, Tuckers 30 points 52% from the field not good enough for you?

Matthews, Webber, Cooper went 11-38 (29%) combined

Reply #329166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But in the one that mattered most, it was veteran Tucker who elevated his game to not only deliver 30 points, 15 rebounds and seven assists but also the championship trophy back to Wayville.

Post-game the grand final MVP even did a passable impersonation of Corey "Homicide" Williams' famous "Croc Nation" effort, holding out his Eagles singlet in front of a section of enthusiastic Norwood supporters whose drumming and antics had created a tremendous grand final atmosphere.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/tucker-and-rookie-deng-lead-eagles-to-promised-land/story-e6frect3-1226129318015

Reply #329172 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Whinge about the loss all you like Flames fans but Rashad pwned you big time when it mattered.

GF win. MVP. Plenty to laugh about if you ask me.

Reply #329177 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Well done to Forestville.

AD - I would challenge your comment of Norwood fans spent "all season getting inside [Tucker's] head".

4 games out of 22 (met twice in regular season and twice in finals) is hardly all season. You probably have a valid point, but emotive exagerration doesnt help it!

Reply #329188 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.

End.

Reply #329240 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.

End.

Reply #329241 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Skud, Tuckers 30 points 52% from the field not good enough for you?

Matthews, Webber, Cooper went 11-38 (29%) combined"

Simply Kingfisher the shots he missed were easy shots for a player like him, he played a decent game but I really think his missed layups he should have gone in..he blitzed past the defence then missed open shots under the ring. Theres no doibt he was MVP and better than the rest but he should have been amazing.

Was good to watch Cooper and Mottram effectively rule each other out of the game, great defense by both of them.

Reply #329248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with you Skud. Tuck missed some open looks, that he would normaly make. He should have probably gone for 40-odd, if not more!

Reply #329253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs must have had a good game. Norwood supporters haven't yet directed their attacks to them yet

Reply #329263 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Have nothing to do with any District Club at all and no I'm not a referee.

Tucker was pretty good and it was Funny that Forestville made the run back at Norwood with Tucker on the bench ad then he came back on and Forestville took the game away from norwood.

Personally I thought Tucker was over the top but the people I was sitting with said he had copped it earlier in the Fianls against Norwood. Then it was like fair enough you give it you have to take it.

However when he went back the 2nd time and then after the MVP Award I thought he was taking it too far and was taking away from what he and his team achieved.

I guess it is each person to have there own opinion. In the end it appears as if it was all pretty harmless fun.

The mother of a Forestville player performance after both wins was pretty ordinary. The up yours jestures from behind the Forestville Bench were worse than Tuckers performance by a mile.

Reply #329279 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

An 'up yours' gesture, TC. Really? And from a mum. How horribly frightening.

Call me a tough nut, but if that's as bad as it's gonna get from a crowd at an Adelaide basketball game I think we can all feel pretty happy with the state of the game from a spectator point of view.

Reply #329283 | Report this post

REALLY??...  
Years ago

WOW... SO SAD. TUCKER'S A TOP GUY IF YOU KNOW HIM AND TRAINING WITH HIM!

IT'S ALL HATER TRASH TALK HERE AND I SAY DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING U READ .... HIS CELEBRATION WAS REAL AND FUN! HE'D NEVER DISRESPECT ANYONE SERIOUSLY HE'S JUST A LAUGH AND A HALF AND PLAYS TO WIN!

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR....

Reply #329289 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

Agree with 'Really;...Having beeen involved with Tuck
this year a better bloke you could not meet.

Those that don't know him don't understand how great a bloke he is and what a champion team mate..

Plays to win, plays for the team & plays for the club...

I'd have Tucker in my corner any day...

Reply #329296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread is still going?

Flames fans with open wounds, and Eagles fans still on the gas.

Reply #329298 | Report this post

Binger617  
Years ago

All of you who are saying 'oh man tucker is the most amazing guy, plays for the team' etc... why was he sacked from cairns for not being a team player? why couldnt he face drink driving charges in nz? sounds like such a pleasant chap hey?

Reply #329416 | Report this post

Binger617  
Years ago

All of you who are saying 'oh man tucker is the most amazing guy, plays for the team' etc... why was he sacked from cairns for not being a team player? why couldnt he face drink driving charges in nz? sounds like such a pleasant chap hey?

Reply #329417 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Flames fans with open wounds, and Eagles fans still on the gas."

Just when a scab starts to form someone comes along and has a pick.

Reply #329418 | Report this post

Facts  
Years ago

Binger617 - You ever spoken to him to actually understand what really transpired..Clearly not so don't try & take cheap shots on matters you are clearly ill informed about...

Top person & great player, just ask the flames who he helped torch...

Reply #329419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He plays for the money not the team...... Most of thier buget and a bit more on one player!

Reply #329431 | Report this post

Facts  
Years ago

incorrect on both accounts...

Reply #329433 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

About time this thread got locked......

Reply #329434 | Report this post

Where  
Years ago

AK-47 - Where exactly was the Profesional league Tucker was playing in before this season..?

Reply #329557 | Report this post

Oberon 70  
Years ago

After having read all these posts, I wonder where the game controller was and if he/she made a report? Do ABL games have a game controller or even a stadium manager to oversee? Are any warnings made to spectators...at any time. I'm only comparing to what I've seen at State League level in Vic and WA.
Just because a guy is a professional (now or before, in his career) the same rules always apply re respect, tolerance and hints of racism. He isn't paid to take extra abuse especially by the youth of any club. Getting older doesn't change anything. If Tucker behaviour was not acceptable he has a ref on the court to handle it, and an opposition club off the court who have a clear path to the ABL via written word.

Reply #357341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754