anon
Years ago

ABL history from coaching couple?

have the Simons taken out both titles before in same year ?
surely some type of record here
maybe boti might be able to actually do a story on this dynasty and get some basketball into the paper
and then maybe i might buy it, if only there were news about ball to read.
Not happy about lack of coverage.
A dynsasty to rival any.

Topic #26220 | Report this topic

-  
Years ago

Thanks SHaron and Andy. ANy can buy a dynasty with lots of $$$$

Reply #329147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C'mon now Borreago and Tucker were clearly home grown Eagles, Aussie talent....

Reply #329151 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

What Dynasty has Andy built?

Reply #329152 | Report this post

Binger617  
Years ago

I'm sorry to burst your bubble Forrestville fans. But in reference to the mens team, when did 1 championship (won by tucker and only tucker) become a dynasty let alone a dynasty to rival any. Get your head out of the clouds.

If you want a story in the paper, get Boti to write one about Tucker's piggery and embarrassment of himself...

Reply #329158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gracious Norwood LOSERS posting above:

Eagles 2 Norwood 0

Reply #329160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL exactly anon!

Reply #329161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

basketball gets a decent run in the paper usually. disappointing was nothing in sunday mail today but boti is usually on in the tiser and not sunday mail. hopefully will be something one foestvilles amazing double upset

Reply #329162 | Report this post

Education  
Years ago

Just woke and discovered the scores hadn't changed...

70-58 & 82-68...

By the way Binger617, Forestville only has 1 'R'.

I believe Tucker is avalable for lessons of the court as well if interested...

Reply #329185 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

bahahahahaaha...education, I think you may mean "off" the court!! but thanks for giving other people spelling advice! haha! FAIL!

Reply #329190 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think Boti works for the Sunday Mail.

Reply #329192 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

well can anybody confirm if eagles have had the double before and if the coaching panel has achieved what surely must be unique -
heads off to them on a remarkable feat.

Reply #329198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andy has done a great job, but some other heros have gone un-noticed in all of this, the Forestville junior coaches.

Look at some of their main contributor's Saturday night and thru the season.

Adam Doyle
Majok Deng
James Boonstopple
Trent Fildes
John Werhnam
Brad Haydon

Some other ABL coaches would love to have some of that talent coming thru the ranks. The Forestville juniors coaches really deserve some credit for that championship as well.

Reply #329209 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Obviously I'm disappointed to lose both games but to say that is the reason I disagree with the proposed Eagle dynasty has nothing to do with this. The criteria for a dynasty surely must include multiple championships, many of which are won in succession, over the course of a decade or more. The women are close to building a dynasty winning 3 of the last 4 but the men hadn't won since 2006, hardly a dynasty.

In regards to anons request,

The Eagles won the double in 2003, can't confirm that both Andy and Sharon were coaching the Men and Women at that time though. Only other team to win a double was Norwood in 1999.

Reply #329264 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Since 1986, according to records, in 2002 Sturt also got the double. Don't know about before 1986.

Reply #329268 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Correct on both accounts Rock, that is since 1986 and Sturt get the double in 2002.

Reply #329269 | Report this post

john wright  
Years ago

I agree that more should have been made of the 'coaching couple' who both won ABA titles. A unique set of circumstances that warrants more attention from Boti.

Ak-47 get your facts right before writing. Apart from the Sturt double West Adelaide won the double in 1980, the men coached by Ken Richardson and the women by Ted Powell. A long time ago but still a premiership double.

Reply #329278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In 2003 Foestville was coached by
Shaun Ryan in the men & Dean Kinsman in the women.

Maybe of interest that Boti Nagy was assistant coach to Kay Flynn in the Eagles women's win of 2001

Reply #329317 | Report this post

Update  
Years ago

In 2003 Simons & Grocke were assistant to Ryan & were Coach & Assistant coach in the 2006 & 2011 championships, with Dix a player in 2003, 2006 & Assistant in 2011 championships.

Sharon was a player in the 2001,2003 Championships, Assistant Coach in 2005 Championship, Coach of the 2009,10 & 11 championships.

Reply #329322 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ak-47 get your facts right before writing.
John, AK-47 did say "that is since 1986".

Reply #329324 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Does this morning's post from the Eagles, seeking applications for coaching positions for both the men and women indicate that the Simon's are leaving their roles on a high?

Reply #329329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or have they been kicked out?

Reply #329330 | Report this post

tripper  
Years ago

the money has run out...the proverbial is about to hit the fan...someone is very unhappy about what is happening with the $$$$ in eagle land...

Reply #329333 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

On a serious note though without stupid comments, does the post on here mean Andy and Sharon are retiring, resigning??? Hell of a way for them to both go out at the same time.
If true congratulations to the both of them.

Reply #329358 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

I believe that they are being move onwards with greater fiscal responsibility.

Reply #329361 | Report this post

Facts  
Years ago

Both wish to continue...Club believe there may be better options perhaps ? Who Knows..

Reply #329367 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Thanks for the back up Isaac! My source only had the winners up til '86 and so my facts were straight according to that year :)

I think the Forestville coaching thread is most likely something that they have to advertise at the end of each year/contract. Doubt either of the Simons will be replaced unless they walk themselves. Very uncommon for a championship winning coach to be replaced against their will in any sport, regardless of level of competition!

Reply #329376 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Thanks for the back up Isaac! My source only had the winners up til '86 and so my facts were straight according to that year :)

I think the Forestville coaching thread is most likely something that they have to advertise at the end of each year/contract. Doubt either of the Simons will be replaced unless they walk themselves. Very uncommon for a championship winning coach to be replaced against their will in any sport, regardless of level of competition!

Reply #329379 | Report this post

Big Phil  
Years ago

ak-47 a double post is that because of double win

Reply #329392 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754