skip
Years ago

Corletto quits Tigers to join NZ?

According to a 'reliable source' in Daniel Eade.

Full Story

Great news for Daryl if true. Puts the Tigers a big step back if the lockout ends soon too.

Topic #26266 | Report this topic

Mr Lynch  
Years ago

I like the headline "Corletto shocks Tigers by quitting" what BS, as if he's going to just sit there and be a training partner. Good on him for advancing his career.

He'd be a great addition to the Breakers who love the shot from beyond the arc.

Reply #329942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great upgrade from Corey "pass the tote" Webster

Reply #329943 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Corletto is a great pick up and I rate him a lot more than Lindsay Tait at NBL level. He has also shown his classand maturity through this whole affair plus I have more chance of seeing his Mrs breasts if he plays for the Breakers as opposed to the Tigers

Reply #329946 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

The man is a good perimeter shooter and does have some clutch factor.

Reply #329948 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

Probably also gives his wife Julie a number of options for her Netball Career too.

Reply #329952 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great move if it pans out. Certainly makes NZ a bit stronger and provides a decent perimeter threat given Penney's departure (although nowehere near a 'like' replacement).

Reply #329961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didnt really quit the tigers though did he? everyone knows they dropped him last week. big difference between quitting and leaving when youre not wanted

Reply #329976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i just hope the lock out ends next week and mills leaves and then the tigers will be like bugger

Reply #329979 | Report this post

GHOST  
Years ago

I agree good on him

Reply #329980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If mills leaves due to the lock out ending, they might look to Macdonald or Masunda.

Reply #329984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once Mills was signed, Corletto was a free agent.

Reply #329989 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Tigers said he was deactivated, but free to search for other offers. So sort of a free agent.

Reply #329997 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

rjd i wonder if the tigers said that though knowing that the rest of the league had their rosters set up so they may have been betting that he would not have been picked up. however it does not appear to have gone that way.

Reply #330001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One problem for Mills, even once the lockout does end, he needs to get a contract before he goes anywhere, he was a free agent this offseason anyway

Reply #330027 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Mills has a qualifyin offer from Portland. This was offered to him & Olden before the lockout

Reply #330042 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

He wasnt dumped at all.He was expected to sit on the bench and make room for Mills.A real kick in the guts i am sure..But all the same, with interest from 3 clubs, im sure DC made the best choice.Look forward to watching those breakers kick tiger butt and throw it in McPeakes greedy face!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #330043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't just sit on the bench, to do that you need a spot, some points and get paid and there is no spot for him atm

Reply #330097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he was unactive... which means u can sit on the bench with him if ya want lo57... makes no difference

Reply #330110 | Report this post

lo 57  
Years ago

NO, he was still going to be paid and train until mills left.They wanted him to slip back into play when it suited them.which the tigers had no idea of how long that would be.

Reply #330119 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Daryl and Julie Corletto head to New Zealand

According to today's Herald Sun in Melbourne, Corletto deal with the Breakers is done, and wife Julie is set to join a NZ netball team too

Reply #330217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he was paid to train I would imagine that pay would have to be accounted for in the salary cap, and would cause the Tigers to be over that cap.

Reply #330249 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Corletto never really got the court time he deserved at Melbourne, but you can't blame the Tigers for grabbing Mills. Corletto also has his own Basketball Academy in Melbourne and is a good teacher. Guess that is another gain for NZ.

Reply #330277 | Report this post

E=MC2  
Years ago

Anon 249 - incorrect, he would not be counted in the salary cap. Would be like employing anyone to train for the club, and not be an active player.

Reply #330310 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Salary would only count against the cap for periods when he was activated.

Reply #330317 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754