Anonymous
Years ago

36ers announce new Sponsor

The Adelaide 36ers today announced a new major partner, Unleash Solar, who is supporting the club for at least the next two seasons.

http://www.nbl.com.au/teams/36ers/news/article/article/2011/september/adelaide-36ers-unleash-a-new-major-partner/

Great stuff. Looks to be the major sponsor too, replacing Hoodsweeney on the jersey. Additionally I'm all in favour of Solar so thats makes it extra good news in my book!

Topic #26297 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought I saw the logos and the name @ the arena on Sunday.

I trust this Solar company is strong and won't go bust like a recent company did.

Reply #330526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I deal with them on a completely unrelated related business are they all seem like nice people and stable business. I was a little worried that they seem to have gotten big pretty quickly but so far no complaints.

Reply #330537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they are sponsoring the woodville west torrens footy club too, woodville oval renamed unleash solar oval

Reply #330538 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

What happened with Hood Sweeney? Thought they signed a multi year deal?

Reply #330541 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Split after the Fuss drama.

Reply #330547 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Good to have another company get behind the 36ers.

Solar companies will start to feel the pain soon with some of the State governments dropping their solar feed back subsidies by 50-60cents for new installs.

You would expect a pretty big drop off if it will take 4-5 times as long to payoff your solar system.

Reply #330548 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Seems a bit harsh on the organisation for a sponsor to bail / rescind on their contract because of the behaviour of one individual.

Reply #330552 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Unleash Solar got bashed by Today Tonight the other week you may recall.

Reply #330553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont believe everything you see on today tonight!!

Reply #330555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Everything? What about "anything"?

Reply #330556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A Current Affair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHso1e6NY90

Reply #330558 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

Things looking sunny this year for 6ers!.....sorry

Reply #330563 | Report this post

6ers solja  
Years ago

Nothing ACA or Today Tonight do is either news-worthy or credible. They get their news from plaintiffs who cant move on in life. I wouldnt consider any story against any company other than Telstra worthy of criticism.

Reply #330569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Solar 6ers!

Reply #330605 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Jake - Hood Sweeney are an accounting/consultancy firm. Fuss drama was fraudulent dealings with funds.

Not something you want your name associated with, and not really Hood Sweeney's obligation to try to explain the difference between an individual's behaviour and the fact that the Sixers were victims also.

An unfortunate situation, but no one's fault but Fuss.

Reply #330667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't believe the hype, Hood Sweeney weren't coming back regardless!

Reply #330708 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Agreed Today tonight isn't necessarily a credible source but I'm sure the hundred of disgruntled people posting on this forum are !

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1544135&p=25

Reply #334505 | Report this post

Rodd  
Years ago

I did some installs for unleash in Perth. Not one happy customer. They are now bringing in guys from who knows where putting them up in hotels and hiring vans for them to get around in. There are a stack of solar installers in Perth out of work but unleash can't get them to do any work because they don't pay the installers. Biggest con artists I have had the displeasure of dealing with. They still have the nerve to ring me and ask me to do installs for them even after I've threatened them with legal action for not paying me......unbelievable. Adelaide 36ers good luck with that

Reply #343241 | Report this post

OMG!!!  
Years ago

The Adelaide 36ers should refuse the sponsorship from Unleash Solar. We paid a deposit for a solar system back in May and after delay after delay, them not having the right size inverter they originally signed up for, further delays we have FINALLY just had the system installed with a different brand inverter to what we signed up nominated, to have it work for all of 36 hours and now the inverter is not working.

Unleash solar despite their brand tag of 'green not greed' are exactly the opposite 'greed not green'. From what I understand there are hundreds of people in similar positions. This company cannot continue to operate like this and remain afloat. They'll be taking the money and running, which inevitably will leave Adelaide 36ers without sponsorship anyway. Replace them now and limit the embarrassment of being associated with these corporate villains.

Although 36ers is quite a fitting team to sponsor, caus it'll take 36 weeks to install your system and it will only last for 36 hours.

Reply #343274 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754