Stephon
Years ago

Blake Truslove and the 36ERS

Evidently on one of the local news tonight they ran a story about Smyth re-signing and mentioned the 36ers were looking at picking up Blake Truslove.

Did anyone else see this news segment?

What do others think about the potential addition of Blake Truslove to the line-up.

I think it would be a good move and hopefully we would have some cap space left to still go after someone like Castle to complete the line-up.

Topic #2630 | Report this topic

Paul Smith  
Years ago

Fancy that miss out on Bradtke and pickup another "superstar" instead

Reply #29618 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Dr Truslove back in the house.....could be worse...Phil could be going after Pero.

If we have not got any money to spend then we are going to get the calibre of Truslove as big recruits.

Agreed if this is the way the sixers are thinking then Castle is a must have.

Reply #29622 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

I think Pero would be a good pick up? If we could get him

Reply #29624 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'd rather Blake as a bench big man than Hambour or Gower. Blake is a different player than when he was here last time. He was never given an opportunity.

There has been rumours of his return to West. Will be good for the Sixers and the Bearcats. Plus, without Cioffi, the Bearcats need someone to hit clutch 3's in the playoffs. (sorry Woodville fans)

Reply #29625 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Blake would be great to pick up and would fill the paul rees mould of Big body, grab boards and set bone crunching screens. i dont think he would be too pricey either

Reply #29627 | Report this post

jezzalenko  
Years ago

Apparantly Pero is tearing it up in France at the moment. Team is looking like finishing near the top and he is playing well.

Reply #29628 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What kept him out of the Breakers? I thought that he had a second year?

Even when he wasn't "injured" NZ were barely playing him.

Reply #29637 | Report this post

Yeah!  
Years ago

Getting Truslove would be a big step in the wrong direction! I think he is hopeless, would much prefer to keep Rees until he can't move anymore and even then I would still take him over Truslove.

Reply #29644 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I was under the same understanding as you Isaac I thought he had another year for the Breakers.

If they got Truslove back I think it would be a serious mistake, we are trying to improve our team, not ruin it.

Reply #29646 | Report this post

Truslove has had his chance. He is an excellent player at ABA level but is one of those players who is just not quite good enough to take the next step and become a consistent NBL player.

Reply #29657 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Good call on the Sledgehammer, he is a very good player at ABL level, but he never has or will be good enough to lift his game to that next level to be a force or even half decent in the NBL

Reply #29661 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I disagree. I think in the right system he can play a roll consistently, like Cooper this year.

Does anyone else think he would be more useful than Hambour or Gower?

Reply #29672 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I didn't know we were looking for Truslove to replace Hambour or Gower. If not, then Truslove is not going to be what the Sixers need to make it more competive this year. He won't have a huge impact on what we already have.

Reply #29685 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

Blake may be coming and Boti is already stockpiling crap to put on him again. It may be wise to file this "research" in the WPB.
Give him a fair go and see what happens. West need a player of his calibre, especially if 36ers don't pick up Nashy and he goes to the land of two heads to play.

Reply #29686 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

If he is to take the place than Gower or Hambour, then yes Truslove would be an upgrade.

If he is to take some one else's spot (say, Mark Nash) then no, the Sixers shouldn't touch him.

Reply #29687 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely he'd be there to back up Cooper and/or Rychart? Either a replacement for Nash or Rees, I'd say.

Maher/Hill
Farley/Ng
Holmes/Forman
Rychart/Truslove
Cooper/Rees

It'd certainly fit within their budget!

Reply #29690 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I have to agree with jasmine if he is to take the place of a Gower or Hambour, than yes that would be a much improved move for the sixers. But if it is for someone like Rees than no I think that some one who is proven should be put in that position not some one who has had a chance at that level but the coach did not see fit to place him on the court.

Reply #29692 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Even if we keep Coop and Rees, Blake would be good insurance if one of them went down. Imagine facing a Brisbane team with Brannen and Bradtke with only Cooper. We would get creamed inside.

At least Blake is a big body to rebound, scrap some points, hit the open foul line jumper, set some screens. Its more than Hambour etc can do

Reply #29693 | Report this post

Kingman  
Years ago

What i'm seeing alot here is much of the same team as last year which finished in the first round of the finals. The 6ers need to recruit to improve the team weather its with an Australian or an import. If they pick up Blake then they should drop Gower and/or Nick.

Reply #29699 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Blakeo!! He's a gun! apart from that time triplecok dunked over him 2 hands and slapped the backboard!

How many other 6 - 10 blokes can hit the clutch 3 over whitmore to take the team into the next leg of the finals.

He will be a massive inclusion to Westies this year I believe he willl only play a few games when he returns to Adelaide to see the family and show off Jo again! nice girl!

Why wouldn't Adelaide pick him up? He is a big body, has 5 years experience playing and training at the NBL level. he is not after glory but a great workhorse who can hit the boards hard. If he is not shooting well he wont keep shooting like a Jacob

Reply #29700 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Having the same team is not all that bad.

Hill for Williams and Truslove for Gower are clearly upgrades if we choose to keep Rees.

If Blake is in for Rees then we still have Nash's spot for a decent player off the bench.

Nash didn't even play a single game last year so won't be missed.

We may have lost in the second round of the play-offs but we were only a Sydney Kings victory over the Hawks in either of the 2 late regular season games (damn why couldn't the Kings have played like they did in the grand final) from finishing with home court advantage in the semi finals.

Factor in improvement in the games of Holmes, Forman, Hill and Rychart who get better with every year and we will be fine.

The improvement has to come internally on the defensive end rather than through the recruitment of star players.

Lets hope that improvement comes from having the same group without having to teach key new players our system.

Hopefully our advantage will be having the same team while other teams are trying to incorporate key new players into their systems.

Reply #29705 | Report this post

Beep Beep  
Years ago

Hambour and Gower are not even close to Blake. Don't forget Blake was getting double doubles on a regular basis for Canberra when given his opportunity. He just hasn't had the same opporutnities in NZ and has had no luck with injuries.

Reply #29707 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Here, here, Beep Beep. I followed Blake pretty closely when he went over and he played some really good games. I have really been surprised that he hasn't got more of a go.

Reply #29755 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Hot tip - no Nash next year. As good as confirmed.

Damn shame - great guy with a great game (when fit). He'll be missed at the club.

Reply #29781 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754