Avv
Years ago

What's a decent bball shoe these days?

Haven't played for a while, need a new pair of shoes and am way out of the loop on what is good on the market at the moment.

Not after anything ridculously expensive. Just mid-range really.

Suggestions?

Topic #26318 | Report this topic

igotmadskills  
Years ago

converse all stars are awesome or dunlop volleys

Seriously id go for kobe VI's or hyperdunks personally, both are so light and comfortable. A bit more expensive but worth every cent.

Reply #330839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

low hyperdunk 2010, comfortable, light, good grip

Reply #330842 | Report this post

Shaqfu  
Years ago

It all depends what position you play. I play guard, so the following shoes I've tried:-

Kobe's: Kobe VI's are the latest release. I've got a pair of these and they have the best cushioning and comfort in any basketball shoe I've worn. They are also ridiculously light. However they are low-cut and the grip isn't the best. People say the Kobe IV's have been the best so far out of all the kobe releases.

Jordan Fly Wade's. These are what I currently wear and they are a bit on the expensive side (unless you get them shipped from the US). Best shoes I've had, awesome court feel, great cushioning, very good grip, light.

Nike KD3's (Kevin Durant). They're cheap, light, good grip but lack any sort of heel cushioning. But you get a lot for the price you pay for these.

Lebron Soldier IV's. These are probably the most secure and best lockdown shoe I've worn. The strap definitely helps. Decent cushioning and ankle support as well. Only downside, like most Lebron's, I find them to be a bit heavy and the cushioning can usually be a little stiff to start with.

Nike Hyperfuse - Very lightweight and cheap. However, I do find them to be a little bit flimsy and not the best court feel/cushioning.

Reply #330849 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Air Jordans....Any.

Reply #330860 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Under Armour basketball shoes are light on the feet, easy to break into and award winning.

Reply #330876 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Kobe 6's for sure they are the only good shoe

Reply #330886 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I have a pair of Hyperize. Probably not available anymore but are a very good shoe. Hyperdunk is probably the current version of them, so that's what I'd go for.
Eastbay doesn't ship anymore, so you aren't going to get a quality pair for around $100. Bloody foot locker >:(

Reply #330891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reebok's 'the question'

allen iverson's shoe. the greatest, most comfortable shoe i've played in

Reply #330892 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

goto Eastbay.com, buy a pair of LeBron Zoom Soldier IV. They do ship and are a tip-top shoe for about $60-70.

Reply #330893 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

How much are Dunlop Volley's now?
Haven't seen them used much lately, so I presumed thet have gone above all of the shoes mentioned in price.

Reply #330896 | Report this post

yanza  
Years ago

its go to be Air Js melo m6's or M7's and maybe air Js P.I.T.S these are generally around 100 and less on eastbay but if your really rich u could buy a pair of volleys

Reply #330902 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Also don't write off some of the Asics Court shoes,light, grippy and for me comfortable, most women and a number of men use them, can ideally suite certain types of feet (I need a high instep).

There were a number of ABL players using them when I was a team manager (they all strapped their ankles)and have seen them used by guys playing at high levels on TV recently.

Reply #330914 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

ShaqFu hit the nail on the head, definitely depends on the position you play. I too am a guard and for comfort and performance you can't go past the Kobe VI's.

If you're a big I'd recommend the LeBron Air Max 8's. Lighter than all the other LeBrons and just as comfortable!

Haven't worn them myself but the new Derrick Rose's are meant to be pretty good too! Definitely more of a guards shoe as well.

Heres a link to all 3 on eastbay!

Kobe VI
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:149676/sku:29659501/nike-zoom-kobe-vi-mens/purple/gold/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH#sku=29659010

LeBron 8
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:153826/sku:41946001/nike-air-max-lebron-8-ps-mens/black/yellow/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

Derrick Rose adidas adiZero Crazy Light
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:160389/sku:248540/adidas-adizero-crazy-light-mens/white/black/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

Reply #330924 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I play in Nike Air Force Max, got a couple of pairs of them and love em otherwise Jordan 16's are like slippers

Reply #330933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

[img]http://onlinefashionz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Derrick-Rose-Shoes-Black-Red-2011-%E2%80%93-01.jpg[/img]

Reply #331322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have some Hyperdunks and Jordan socks coming from Eastbay, no problem with shipping to Australia. Perhaps because I'm a registered customer?

Reply #331813 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754