U/14 G2 STURT 2 V FORESTVILLE BLUE
U/14 G3 WESTERN MAGIC WHITE V FORESTVILLE BLUE
U/16 G1 EASTERN V FORESTVILLE
U/16 G2 STURT 1 V NORWOOD RED
U/16 G3 FORESTVILLE BLUE V NORWOOD
U/16 G4 SOUTH ADELAIDE 1 V NORTH ADELAIDE
U/18 G1 NORWOOD V SOUTHERN
U/18 G2 SOUTHERN V NORTH ADELAIDE RED

Woodville are the only club to have no grand final teams.

Reply #330868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good luck to all the teams

especially those playing sturt ;-)

Reply #330873 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good luck to all teams

Reply #330881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

correct Jack, good luck to all and well done for getting to the grand final.

Reply #330883 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I agree - well done to all teams for making their GFs. Good luck to all but Sturt.

Reply #330900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From my reckoning Sturt is NOT participating in 50% more grandfinals than they are competing in.

Are things slipping?

Reply #330904 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Good point- BUT have a look at Div 1 & 2 Grand Finals- Love them or hate them, that is a great effort
6/10 for Girls
9/10 for boys (allowing for 2 Sturt teams playing each other in 1 grade)
You would have to be happy with that.

Reply #330907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But the argument is kids go there to get good coaching even if it means playing lower divisions. For Div 3 and below only one grand final appearance!!

Reply #330910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it's all a bluff

Reply #330920 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Results:

U/16 B5 CENTRALS Lost to NORWOOD
U/16 B6 NORWOOD Defeated WESTERN MAGIC

Reply #330931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think there underlies the issue of determining best club.

Sturt and Forestville often have 2 teams in div 2, and therefore their 4th and 5th teams are competeing agianst other clubs 3rd and 4th teams.

Very hard to determine if making finals for these teams is better than for other clubs.

And winnign the div 6 final, is probably not a good indicator of club strength, rather smart grading.

Reply #330932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah if are winning div 4 5 & 6 finals maybe your gradings are wrong.

Reply #330935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can the gradings be wrong if you have teams in every division above you??

Reply #330942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because you can have multiple teams in higher grades.

Reply #330964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not my gradings - your gradings!!

Reply #330973 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

get a room guys!

Reply #331009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The competition is not of high quality. A quick look shows top 4 in each grade is way above others and that's with two teams from most clubs. Will the comp be weaker or stronger with one team from Norwood Sturt and Forrestville in div 2 and 3 ?

How many kids are changing clubs to strengthen the competition ?

Reply #331019 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The uneven nature of the U16 boys comp is a joke. Sturt and Forestville both have 2 teams in Div 2 and Norwood has 3 teams in Div 3. I fail to see how having 3 clubs dominating junior basketball is a good thing for the future of basketball in SA.

Reply #331024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...and I fail to see how dragging down the top end to the slums of the bottom end will be a good thing for the future of SA basketball either.

(btw - those 2 of those 3 Norwood teams qualified for D3 via promotion/relegation - exactly the way the system is designed. The D4 teams had their chance in summer to usurp them, and they didn't, so they don't deserve to be there)

Reply #331032 | Report this post

Fangle  
Years ago

What you may not know is that the top div 3 U16B team was dropped by BSA from Div2 to div3. They were nominated for div2 and played summer in div2. After the winter nominations date closed, Matho contacted BSA direct (not through the secretary as per BSA protocol) and stated he wanted another Fville team in Div2 eventhough they were not nominated by Fville in div2. Gradings were completed, schedules out, then BSA bends and allows Mathos team in, dropping the Norwood team, no notice. Norwood were stuck with three teams in one division and no oppurtunity to drop a team to div4 (who were Norwoodless).
Not sour grapes just explaining what happened and why they had three teams.

Reply #331038 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well Fangle that Forestville Div 2 team (Gold) is playing Sturt in the GF tonight so I think Matho got that one right.

Reply #331041 | Report this post

Fangle  
Years ago

Does not matter if Matho got got it right in your own eyes Anon. Rules are rules, Matho asked BSA - (Arnie)to break them and the rest is history.
All the best to Fville team, no axe to grind with them, its what happens behind the blue and gold BSA curtain that is the issue.

Reply #331044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

peter ali- proven win thats to you haters

Reply #331076 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Well done Peter & team. Had to win twice in a fantastic game.
Why do they allow alcohol to be consumed courtside though?

Reply #331082 | Report this post

jop83  
Years ago

It was a great game to watch. The crowd was sensational, really added to the atmosphere. Credit to both teams for an outstanding performance, expecially to West for winning in the end.

Reply #331086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won all the finals? Which games were close? Any blow outs? Any controversy? Any big game performances?

Reply #331114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saturday morning at Wayville was exciting some great basketball by some up and coming young basketballers. Sturt successful in U101B's but going down by four to Forestville in the U101Gs, well played by all four teams.

Reply #331116 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sturt won U16B div 1 and 2 against quality opposition. Well done!

Reply #331124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simons duo are four from four! Any word if they will be re-signed?

Reply #331136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares about simons?

Reply #331153 | Report this post

Cares  
Years ago

All the kids with trophies probably care...

Reply #331156 | Report this post

Chomper  
Years ago

I look forward to the U18 finals each year and this years did not dissapoint. Going to the game we thought it was going to be a whitewash but instead was entertained to the end. This year was as good if not better than previous years, a credit to the coaches and teams.
IMO refs were good and consistent.
Best players for West, Spear, Norwood, Long but both teams had great backup. Even 22 behaved and performed admirably.

(affiliated with neithet club)

Reply #331161 | Report this post

Go Mavs!  
Years ago

Mavs won the U16 girls div 1 by 1 point in overtime in a thriller! GO MAVS!

Reply #331163 | Report this post

Mamar  
Years ago

Court 1 seemed to be the court of the night. U14 boys 2 points & a 3 pointer in & out for the win on the buzzer. U16 near game winner & 1 point game. U18 boys near game winner & 3 point game in OT.

Saw tail end of u14 boys, Southern were really impressive & unlucky to lose. I remember seeing them at state champs and Sturt were a mile ahead. Have Southern got tha much better or have Sturt gone backwards?

Good luck to both teams at nationals (as well as the other team going... Forestville???) and all girls teams competing. Anyone know if any SA teams are a chance to medal?

Reply #331164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The U16 D1 Forestville girls were robbed of victory. The incompetence of the chairperson on the bench and umpires at the end of regular time resulted in the final score by Forestville being disallowed.

The umpires held up counting the score as their excuse was they couldn't hear if the siren went before the shot. Well the reason you couldn’t hear the siren was because it didn’t go off until after the shot went in and the crowd erupted.

Even though the umpires couldn’t comprehend a logical sequence of events they went to the bench and asked the chairperson if the shot went off before the siren. The chairperson’s response was "I don’t know I wasn’t watching the time clock". WTF!!! What else were you supposed to be doing? The umpires then asked the timekeeper who said the shot went off before the time expired. And the umpire’s decision was to disallow the shot.

This cost the Forestville girls a well deserved, come from behind victory won in regular time. The behaviour of the two Mavs coaches towards the bench and umpires at the end of regular time when they would have been well aware of what happened just confirms what most of the Mavs U16 girl parents think of them.

Reply #331167 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Anonymous sour grape views are not necessarily the views of discerning spectators, nor are they necessarily representative of the facts. I, for example heard the siren while the ball was being raised for the shot. I'd save my questioning to find out how Mavs number 21 (great game) was able to score some 17 points in the last 5 mins of regular time plus OT

Reply #331169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was it wasn't watching the clock, or that the clock is hidden from her by the backboard and she was unsighted? In otherwise I don't know I could not see the clock?

Reply #331170 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anonymous 331153 asks "who cares about Simons". Mate after the year they've had as coaches I have just one question to ask you:

Just how bitter are those grapes?

Reply #331171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tommorrow night is the div 2res who will win that.

Reply #331175 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

Anon #167 I totally disagree
The umpires are watching the game so not to miss any big foul or violation, it was very loud so they couldnt hear the siren.
If the umpires dont know if the siren had gone off before the shot then the umpires go check with the scorebench which they did.
And with nobody knowing the umpire did the correct thing and cancelled the basket allowing the teams to decide the game rather then him.
The same thing happened in the under 18 game.

And i was behind the bench as there was no where else to stand, what excatly did the mavs coaches do other then stand there and wait for a decision. The Forestville coach was the one who didnt behave properly.

Reply #331176 | Report this post

green22  
Years ago

A Forestville spectator didn't exactly behave properly either, by storming onto the court after OT and giving the refs a spray.

Reply #331183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 boys final was great down to the wire Spear played well with some backup from Snyder . Norwood fought to the end admirably but west proved to go long played well with backup from number 22 (two weeks in a row surprising!!!) in the final quarter.

Reply #331186 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"2 weeks in a row..." pfftt!!! were you actually at the game last week

Reply #331190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, 22 top scored for the game last week and backed it up in the gf

Reply #331191 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Gee and I thought you were implying he behaved himself

Reply #331193 | Report this post

IMPARTIAL  
Years ago

To all those Forestville people who believe that their u/16 girls were robbed , i am here to tell you the umpires call to ask the chairperson on the shot which went in after the siren was correct and the chairperson decision to say it did not count was the correct one, the ball was well and truly still in the hand when the siren went. The behaviour of some of the spectators at the end of the game to BOO and carry on against the umpires was a very sorry sight indeed. It took all the gloss of a fantasic game and makes what people say about the Forestville club ring true. You should be wondering how Mavs 21 Georgia Green absolutely carved up your team by herself in the last quarter and overtime. Also my son tells me that the comments written by some of the Forestville girls on facebook about losing and the mavericks players is fairly ordinary. Instead of grizzling about losing a great game your club and all of it's supporters should give credit to where is due and be gracious in defeat.

Reply #331196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

come on now Impartial, dont you think you are asking a bit much, you are talking about forestville after all.... They take Classless and Clueless to a new level!

Reply #331197 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Been a lot written about U/16 Mavs girls not getting along with each other or their coaches, anybody who witnessed their grand Final on Friday night would have to realise by now that was a load of rubbish

Reply #331199 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

As an independent observer to the U16 Girls G/F and having full view of the game clock,the ball definately left the forestville girls hands after the game clock had expired to zero. With so much noise it was very difficult to hear the siren but the umpires did the correct thing and checked with the chairperson before making a final call.

Reply #331200 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

And unfortunatey, when the Forestville parents/supporters booed at the end of the game it made it look like they were booing Mavs after their win. Poor sportsman like behaviour. May very well have been booing the umps but seriously, it was in very poor taste and spoilt what was a exciting game game to watch.
Shame on you Forestville, you may have only just lost but you certainly also lost come sportsman like credibility.
And if the F/Ville girls have denigrated the opposition on Facebok then the Club needs to act immediately. This would constitue a serious breach of player Code of Conduct guidelines.

Reply #331207 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

And unfortunatey, when the Forestville parents/supporters booed at the end of the game it made it look like they were booing Mavs after their win. Poor sportsman like behaviour. May very well have been booing the umps but seriously, it was in very poor taste and spoilt what was a exciting game game to watch.
Shame on you Forestville, you may have only just lost but you certainly also lost come sportsman like credibility.
And if the F/Ville girls have denigrated the opposition on Facebok then the Club needs to act immediately. This would constitue a serious breach of player Code of Conduct guidelines.

Reply #331208 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

U16 Girls would never slag each other off on facebook.

" the best basketball club in the state LOL JK, we're ..."

Reply #331212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U16 girls shot was definitely after the clock had expired. As it was the call forced the game to Overtime, so Forestville still had 3 min to prove they should be the winners, but they didn't.

Reply #331214 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

jack toft,

i can assure you that some of the forestville u 16 girls had put on their facebook accounts that they just lost to mavs bitches and country dikes. very classy behaviour by some of them.

Reply #331218 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anon (331218)and IMPARTIAL (as if), don't be such damned hypocrites. You come on to a public forum anonymously denigrating another club, its young players, parents and coaches and then feign outrage at what a kid posts on their Facebook page.

My strong advice to both of you would be to stop stalking kids' FB pages if you don't want to get offended.

Reply #331224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #331224

who said they were stalking facebook pages, these days it seems to be how many friends each kid can have they add people they randomly know and then when they post something controvesial they have people on there that will tell the friends and family.

EAsy don't post something unclassy that you will live to regret there are stories around now that people are not being hired for jobs because of their facebook pages.

Instead of having a go at people who are voicing their view, look to your own back yard and try not to defend the undefendable.

Reply #331236 | Report this post

Vodka 93  
Years ago

If your going to call people dykes and bitches and put it on facebook. I would expect it to be acted on by the club regardless of the result of the game.

And if the club allows it to occur, without punishment, then they should hang their head in shame.

Facebook is an open forum, and as such people need to behave appropriately. And accept concequenses for their posts.

Reply #331240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must be pretty embarrassing to get beaten by a bunch of dykes and bitches :-)

Reply #331241 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

#241 - Some people would pay good money for that.

Reply #331245 | Report this post

beyondthearc  
Years ago

Ewww!!! a bit'Creepy Uncle', Cat in the Hat!

Reply #331248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not 22 from norwoods fault that noble couldnt guard him in the semi

Reply #331251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was great to see the sturt 18 boys sitting there in casual clothes on friday instead of them being in the finals... most probably cause noble #7 from sturt couldn't guard 22 from norwood in the prelim

Reply #331256 | Report this post

Lucy  
Years ago

"Facebook is an open forum, and as such people need to behave appropriately."

Good luck with that.

Reply #331258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep then they went home after the game to their State Championship medals.

Reply #331259 | Report this post

eaglone  
Years ago

Well Lucy, once again you but in with an uneducated opinion. Two months ago BSA put out by-laws covering cyber-bullying and this fits the bill. A few weeks ago at a BSA tribunal a player who abused a referee had his facebook entry concerning the referee raised, this cemented the verdict and increased his sentence. The Forestville girls better hope that Eastern do not wish to take this further and if any of them are SASI kids then better get ready to clean the fan.

Reply #331260 | Report this post

Lucy  
Years ago

Nice try at a personal attack eagleone. It's 'butt-in' not 'but-in' btw, oh educated one.

Anyhow, my comment was one of a general nature... good luck trying to regulate the Internet... butt (just kidding) I guess subtlety (like irony) isn't your strong point.

Reply #331262 | Report this post

NABC  
Years ago

wow lucy chillout, why so UPTIGHT, general nature doesnt get easily agitated

Reply #331266 | Report this post

-  
Years ago

Anon 171, Why with all their (simons) success have they not been re appointed junior coaches or seniors?

Reply #331270 | Report this post

eaglone  
Years ago

Ha, Lucy you are killing me. To defend your biased narrow mindedness, you bring out the grammar police. The only reason you can spell butt is because it appears on your Jenny Craig "list of goals". Now I was trying to alert your young ones to be careful and once again you bite, just like all of your previous posts.

Reply #331276 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Get on here and talk yourself up then get sooky because someone brings attention to your dirty tactics and dirty play. Stop bringing attention to yourself by posting your number and bragging about being the best and only player in your team! coz clearly you are not all that!

Reply #331281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I make no apology for being dirty If that's wat people think as for the other stuff this is the first time I have seen it as if I think I'm the best player in the team i cone off the bench hahah wat a joke

Reply #331287 | Report this post

Q2  
Years ago

In 10 years time history will tell us that Mavs U-16 Div 1 Girls defeated Forestville U-16 Div 1 Girls in the Winter Season Competition Grand Final. These are the facts & they are not up for dispute.

Reply #331288 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

22 from norwood is a very humble person, he is just highly energetic on court and in no way is out to do anything wrong or harm anyone. We need more people like him

Reply #331289 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Second that ANON, it's a shame being passionate about playing the game you love for the team you love is constantly bashed and looked down on!

Reply #331293 | Report this post

LuCy  
Years ago

I agree AK-47, great call. A lot of people have lost the passion for the game and are trying to bring everyone down

Reply #331298 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Congratulations to all the Western Magic teams that won their grand final+to the guys that just made it there.You are truly a force from the west!

Reply #331456 | Report this post

callisto  
Years ago

...in the low divisions

Reply #331465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The LORD said: HE WHO IS LAST SHALT NOT BE LEAST,AND HE WHO IS LEAST SHALT NOT BE LAST!

Reply #331519 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

The good Lord unfortunately does not like magic.

Reply #331526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But the dark lord does-hahahahahahahah!

Reply #331584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754