Statman
Years ago

Hawks sack import Monroe

Donovan Monroe has already been shown the door at the Hawks!

http://www.nbl.com.au/hawks/news/article/2011/september/hawks-release-american-donavan-monroe/

Damm they would have been the perfect fit for Mills!

Topic #26362 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Better to make the move now than later. Plenty of good players availible and Gordie has a habit of making the right choice.Must admit i was a bit surprised by his original choice.

Reply #331345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

making way for an nba player ? whos next from the nba thats being looked at ?

Reply #331348 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Saved me from drafting him...

Every import I've drafted in Hoops fantasy has been sacked.

Reply #331354 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

C'mon Gordie, get that Hawks billionaire benefactor to bring Jennings out - you know you want to!

Reply #331356 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pretty straight shooting dismissal release:

"Unfortunately Donavan Monroe was unable to show us that he was the right man for the job here in Wollongong. Over the past four weeks the club came to the conclusion that Donavan was not suited to our group and not what we required heading into this season," said General Manager Mili Simic.

“We had to make a decision sooner rather than later to ensure our coaching staff are given ample time to look at our options in possibly bringing in another import in the near future.”
Just not up to scratch.

Reply #331358 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Hawks will go after bogut baby !

Rhys Martin playing well enough to start !

Reply #331362 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Hmm, interesting they've moved him on having not played a game yet.
Off court issues? Training not up to scratch? Clearing way for Brandon Jennings or have someone else in mind?

Reply #331368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's with all the imports not living up to expectations these days? I remember back in the day whenever an import would come over they'd always be 1 of, if not the best player on the team and dominate. Nowadays their just like any other player...

Reply #331369 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He obviously scrimmaged a bit, played a pre-season game against the Kings and a couple over in NZ I think. Didn't really show enough.

Reply #331370 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hmmmmm...... tough choice.. The Gong or Cairns... Know where I would be going if all things were equal contract wise.

Reply #331371 | Report this post

dodge city  
Years ago

Clearing space for a Gugliotta

Reply #331381 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Isaac, does Oscar keep in touch with Gary Ervin? Just curious if he's secured a Euro contract and if a return to the Gong is unlikely.

Reply #331383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played in tassie, did not show much, could not stay in front of Chris warren.

Reply #331386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ervin's long gone, Warren is lightning quick, Monroe was never going to be anymore than a role player, plenty of duds every year just the longer time passes you cant remember them.

Reply #331388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is playing in the ukraine now.

Reply #331391 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ads, probably keeps tabs via Twitter or Facebook. They hung out a fair bit in Wollongong since they were both new to the team that year, but not sure about now.

Ervin got his Euro deal a while back and it was mentioned on Hoops a few times.

Reply #331421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mills wants wes mathews there

Reply #331435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cj massingale

Reply #331445 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I'd love to see Massingale get an NBL tilt.

Reply #331523 | Report this post

CJ is already training with a team so not likely to go Hawks ....

Reply #331535 | Report this post

Hawklett  
Years ago

Twitter has word Hawks and Homocide might team up!! Wouldnt have thought they'd be able to afford him but WOW if they can !

Reply #331705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who else is bidding for him?

Reply #331708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754