Isaac
Years ago

36ers import Williamson to miss Blitz

Williamson has gone for scans of his knee.

"He thought he did it during a rebound situation," Clarke said.

"John's going for scans so we won't know anything until we have the results.

"He was looking pretty good (at practice) and he certainly made a difference on the court.

"In his place, we've taken Matthew Lycett."

Lycett, 20 and 194cm, is coming off a spectacular SBL season with North Rockets and has been a member of this season's extended 36ers' squad.
Full article

Hopefully injuries don't keep him out of the season or at least not for a lot of it. Really interested to see how he goes in the league.

Topic #26367 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah if he misses even 3 games, 6ers should do what the hawks have done, and go after an NBA quality player, like they alluded to waiting off on their search for anyways!

Reply #331451 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Hope Williamson isnt injured badly,if find out he cant play then we get another import,cant have imports on bench for 3-4 games,ballinger out too could spell trouble for sixers!!!!!!

Reply #331452 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

FFS! I swear we have TR's luck when it comes to picking imports.
Pity I really wanted to see if he had a decent game.

Reply #331453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cue Andrew Bogut......

Reply #331457 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Yeah spewing about True USA.
I was keen to see him play like all of us. Curious to see what sort of game he can bring.

I hope he'll be back playing soon. We wait and see.

Reply #331469 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

We have a double post offence, and only 2 fit post players, Daniel Johnson and Wade Helliwell ..

we have a stadium that holds something like 6700, and this week we passed 2000 season ticket holders..

cue Andrew Bogut

Reply #331472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty's mate!! or brandon jennings

Reply #331477 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Dammit! The Sixers just seem to constantly get shafted with injuries. Pretty hard to build team coherency when two of your most important players basically don't play in pre-season. Hopefully its nothing too serious and Williamson doesn't miss more than a couple of games. Any more than that and we're basically gonna have to cut him!

Reply #331486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he will miss any regular season games i would cut now and get someone. We cant just play the waiting game again, especially with balls not being 100%

Reply #331488 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

a few may be missing for the Crocs too

Reply #331490 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Cue Bogut indeed...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/bogut-still-in-mix-says-clarke/story-e6frect3-1226142589830

Reply #331499 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed Wade Helliwell is fit enough to play a full game.
Me , I'd take Brine , to give Johnson a spell.

Reply #331514 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Often times I could be seen talkin ' bout Kevin Johnson and ya might use him for a coupla weeks as an injury waiver for Williamson.
Helliwell can go up and down the court all day long .
He and Johnson can cover Ballinger.
Whether Daly and Warbout are signed , I can only guess. Brine is interesting, although I mentioned him before.

Reply #331540 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

best two imports with had since willie and both end up injured. (gilcrest and now jw)
all the average ones dont do enough to even warrant injury.

bloody unreal

Reply #331922 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754