Bizzy
Years ago

San Antonio Spurs

Are the Spurs a force to be reckoned with or are they just another team that will only get so far? Judging by todays performance with Duncan back against Utah (lost by 2) I think they are just an average team.

Your thoughts?

Topic #2637 | Report this topic

Hill  
Years ago

It was his first game back!!!!
They are only about 2 or 3 games behind Phoenix

Reply #29729 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Im gettin a bit tired of people who know NOTHING about the NBA. the spurs had the best record in the league, then kept winning and stayed only 1 game behind phoenix....when duncan was injured. the majority of their team has playoff experience and they r the western conference champ favourites. their style of bball is proven to b sucessfull in the playoffs.

Reply #29737 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I know more about NBA than most. I was simply putting forward a question too see what other people thought.

I think that this years finals series is going to be one of the better one's for a long time.

Reply #29740 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

bizzy, don't back up coz of dizzy you rated them "just an average team".

i think dizzle is a spurs fan. nuthin wrong wid dat, they playin gd ball 58-21.

off with the gloves!

Reply #29744 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Spursball is a proven winner. They have been a consistant team for a long time under Pop.

Manu is killing them, Parker is a great point guard (little inconsistant for my liking), but still a top 10 PG in the league, and Timmy D. Don't have to say anything more about him.

What I like about the Spurs are their bench of Brent Barry, Big Dog, Nazr. Waiting for Rasho to come of the IL.

Don't worry about the Spurs, they will be around when it really matters, and I would consider them an elite team in the NBA.

Reply #29748 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Bizzy, your brain's gone fizzy.

Spurs will be in the West Conference Finals. No doubt.

Rasho and TD are great defenders, and I would rate Pretzels and Manu as one of the premier backcourts in the L.

How can you describe the Spurs as an 'average team'. Healthy, they will beat all comers.

Spurs/Heat Finals. Best series in a loooooooong time.

Reply #29754 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

'I think they are just an average team.'.......yeh sure looks like a question to me. Nah ITA im a bobcats fan haha, i dnt like watchin the spurs play at all but u cnt deny their roster, success, and title chances.

Reply #29759 | Report this post

D'Mac  
Years ago

sorry doc but the spurs wont play the heat coz they gota get past phoenix first. dont get me wrong the spurs r great, they hav kept up with phoenix without duncan and i take my hat off 2 em but against phoenix spurs just wont do it.

Reply #29790 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

The spurs will go far this year like every year over the past couple. But I don't think they can win it all. As has been said by other people they are proven winners in the finals and have basically the same team. I have them going out in the west finals but that's just me. I think they are in no way average and have the bench defence and offence (at times) to go all the way. But the only question is can they get past all the other teams in the west that also have game.

Reply #29803 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

If Duncan stays healthy then I'd almost garuantee that they will make the Finals.

He only played 20mins in that game against the Jazz, put up some very reasonable numbers and Pop left him on the bench to be safe down the stretch. They are going to finish 2nd in the West so I dont think they are too concerned about dropping this game.

I dont think that the Heat have enough to make it to the finals. Wade/Shaq is a great combo but the Pistons are playing great ball atm and are going to be tough to stop.

Reply #29833 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

That series will be a great eastern conference final if pistons and the heat can get that far, there are lots of good match ups all over the court.

Reply #29864 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754