Anonymous
Years ago

Stadium insurance

Does anyone know if all stadiums have the same insurance policies or are they individual with some stadiums having better policies than other ones?
The reason why I'm saying this is I've had a pretty bad injury that's gonna cost me thousands and my stadium which I won't name has a really poor policy. A friend of mine blew his knee out and was paid 80% of his wage while off work. The policy at the stadium I play at is 75% of your weekly wage or $200 whichever is the lesser.
Not the best news when you have 12 weeks off work.
Just a word of advice to players, get income protection especially if your the main income earner in your family.

Topic #26408 | Report this topic

harry  
Years ago

i have income protection from work
its worth negotiating in you enterprise bargainning

Reply #331959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they are all very similar, it really depends on who owns the stadium eg: casa leisure, basketball sa, ymca etc. this is however a good reason to A) pay your registartion fees at your stadium when you play and B) protect yourself seperately with income protection insurance!

Reply #331962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Standard exclusion on income protection insurance & in EBA's insurance section is organized sport!

Organized sports include Bball, footy, soccer. So any injury that occurs at these sports will not be covered!

Reply #331975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depending on what league you were playing you can try here:

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=49

Reply #331984 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Nobody that earns a decent amount of money should play organised sport without a comprehensive income protection policy in place. All stadium/league insurance policies can and do vary greatly.

Reply #332110 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754