negyven_negy
Years ago

'He Got Game' on DVD?

Does anybody know where I can get the movie 'He Got Game' on DVD in Adelaide? I know it is available on DVD but I have looked around everywhere but I can't find it at stores. I don't really wanna buy it online tho cos I dont have a credit card. If anyone know of its availability please say so

Topic #2641 | Report this topic

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

which one is that again ?.. remind me ..

Reply #29793 | Report this post

zerohour  
Years ago

You can buy it on www.amazon.com or ebay.com.au

You can only buy it in US format, you can watch it on your computer and change the format if you have a DVD burner or play it on a multiformat DVD player, Pioneer work best!

Reply #29797 | Report this post

zerohour  
Years ago

Att: SKYHOOK -

"He Got Game" is a Spike Lee moive. Denzel Washington plays Ray Allen's Dad. Ray Allen is the number 1 High School Basketballer in the States.

Inspiring moive!

Reply #29799 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Ray Allen stars as Jesus Shuttleworth, high school baller out of coney island, tipped to be the next thing in college ball. His father, Denzel Washington gets released from jail to reconcille with his son and convince him to go to a particular college. Other notable mentions, 'Booger' his cousin, and 'Bigtime Willie' the local kingpin.

Top Movie!

Reply #29801 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

zerohour

Thanks .. i remember that one now ..

cheers
kareem for the duece!

Reply #29808 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Try hmv.com.au and order it on-line.

They will mail it to you, roughly takes about 3 days.

Reply #29820 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

hmv.com.au will accept EFPTOS over the phone for your purchase. Order on-line, give them a buzz with the quote number and in three days time the prezzie arrives in your mail

Reply #29821 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

the movie is actually based on Stephon Marbury.

Reply #29848 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

sounds like you've got the dvd zerohour?

Reply #29854 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Might be a good movie, but it's nothing compared to the all-time classic The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh.

Reply #29983 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

'He Got Game' is good, thats why I want to track it down on DVD. But THE BEST basketball movie ever is 'Hoop Dreams'. It comes out on DVD for the first time in the US on May 15. Find it at your local video store if you wanna know what its all about.

Reply #30009 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

But I bet you've never seen ..... or heard of The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh. See that movie and you'll change your mind about the best basketball movie ever.

Reply #31088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive seen it......Its not that great

Reply #31089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mo - would they have it at the local Mt Gambier Video Store, or do i need to trek to the big smoke to find a copy?

Reply #31123 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Northerner's got my copy at the minute and if he doesn't return it yet, I'll be taking up the issue with Bullet, Setshot, Rev Jackson, Jamaal Truth, Runninghawk and Driftwood.

Northerner - when Driftwood visits you in the night, he'll scare you so much your hair will fall out!

I can't believe someone would prefer "He Got Game" as a movie.

When the team enters the stadium via a hot air balloon, it's something special and sorry - even Jimmy and the Hoosiers can't match it.

For those that haven't seen the movie, visit the team website here and order yourself a copy at amazon.

http://www.geocities.com/johnny_mongoose/pisces.html

Reply #31190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:39 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754