Stephon
Years ago

Stephen Hoare to the 36ERS?

Another rumour to hand from Ozhoops is that Stephen Hoare is leaving the Melbourne Tigers and is in discussions with the Adelaide 36ers.

He would be a great replacement for Nash that hasn't really been mentioned before.

He was an All Star last year (well sort of as a fill in) but is a great role player who always seemed to play good against the 36ers. I think he got a triple double against us when they knocked us out of the play-offs a couple of years ago.

Signing Hoare and Truslove would leave the 36ers roster 2006 looking as follows:-

Maher/Hill
Farley/Ng
Holmes/Forman
Rychart/Hoare
Cooper/Truslove

Anybody heard anything more concrete about Hoare coming to Adelaide?

Topic #2642 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Hoare is one of the quietest stat-getters in the NBL. Despite sharing a roster with Gaze, Thomas, Copeland, he was 2nd in 3Pt% for the Tigers. Despite competing with Bradtke, Stiff, Thomas, and Mottram, he still got 2nd with 8.7 RPG for the Tigers. And despite fighting for the ball with McDonald, Gaze, Copeland and Thomas, he still led the Tigers in assists with 4.5 APG!

Probably one of the best Australian forwards in the B-level price bracket. Hasn't missed many games in his time with Melbourne. Doesn't do too well with steals and blocks (but then again, neither does Ben Castle), so I'm not sure what his defense is like. Perhaps similar, statistically, to Holmes -- someone who can get 15, 10 and 5.

His first six games last year: 13 and 9 vs Hawks. 15 and 9 vs Taipans. 12 and 6 assists vs Pirates. 18, 9 and 4 vs Crocs. 7, 11 and 7 vs Kings. 11, 5 and 5 vs Kings.

Who else would you rather want as your back up forward? Hinder is probably going back to West Sydney. Hoare compares favourably with guys like Majstrovich (Wildcats), Melvin (Taipans), Rob Brown (Crocs), Pilon or Rigby (Hawks), Hinder (wherever), etc. He's a touch below guys like Brannen and Dwight, but would have to be a cheaper pick-up.

Get him, I say!

Reply #29806 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Good call Isaac .. forget Castle sign that Hoare ;)

Reply #29809 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Hoare is defiantly a good baller I think that he would be a great pick up for the 36ers. You have to be a good role player to play with the calibre of players that he has played with and still be able to get a good stat line. I don't think that he would come here to be a back up to some one and give up the starting spot that he has with the tigers.

Reply #29810 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #29817 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Lets start with the basics. Have the Sixers called him yet?

Reply #29827 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Sixers are trying to find some spare change that fell through the Dome's seats so they can use the pay phone to call him...

Reply #29842 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL site: "The Age also reported that the Tigers are no closer to re-signing Stephen Hoare despite the forward indicating his desire to return."

Also, from elsewhere: "The Age also reported that the Tigers are no closer to re-signing Stephen Hoare despite the forward indicating his desire to return."

Reply #29883 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754