Years ago

Horace Grant on 5AA

Tune your radio to 5AA - 1395AM or online at fiveaa.com.au

Horace is going to be on shortly.

Topic #26446 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Cool, has he been on yet?

Why is Horace Grant in Australia though?

Reply #332606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beantown showing your complete lack of knowledge about basketball in this country

Reply #332608 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

His nephew (Son of Harvey Grant) plays for the Kings now

Reply #332609 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anon - I usually measure my basketball knowledge against how much I know about Horace Grant's nephew

Reply #332610 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

lol

Reply #332614 | Report this post

I had no idea why he was in town either, dont be a smartass, no need mate. Beantown is one of the more interesting and knowledgable posters on here imo...

Reply #332621 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Listened to the 5AA Sports Show on my way home this arvo. Have to admit through all the time he's been on the telly I've never heard Grant speak but he comes across as a well spoken man.

Its great that greats of the game such as Horace Grant do coaching clinics and not just in the USA. Giving back to the game that gave them so much.

Reply #332624 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

did he talk about his goggles?

Reply #332628 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

They brought it up. It was his trademark.
Seems it was the NBA Asia Camp in Dandenong Sep26-29.

Also, Ch7 ADL , Fri nite at 6.60pm today tonite
36ers dancers feature on a segment there.

Reply #332636 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Was also on Sunrise weather segment this morning (or was it yesterday....) with Luc Longley and Ron Harper.

Denyer's behaviour boardered on offensive and showed little respect for his company, even wore a Lakers singlet which was a point not missed by his interviewees. Sadly his behaviour might possibly reflect the wider opinions of the community in terms of how basketball is viewed.

Credit where due, the three former Bulls championship winning players were humble and gracious.

Reply #332637 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Is 6.60pm a new way of saying 7pm ???? I like it.

Reply #332640 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw , I was thinkin ' bout thirty sixers at six thirty
and Helliwell getting into biffo with Mills.
I accept chaos . I am not sure whether it accepts me.

Reply #332641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which show was it on? who interviewed him?

Reply #332648 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Ron Harper won two championships with the Lakers...

Reply #332662 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

When is wearing a teams jersey offensive?? What a bunch of horsesh*t.

You do realise that out of Horace, Luc and Harper, two did play for the Lakers.

Reply #332663 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And Horace Grant won one too...

Reply #332664 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

He's here in the country for the Nike Pacific Team Camp.

http://andthefoul.net/?p=1307

The fact his nephew plays in the country now prob had a little to do with him saying yes to the camp as well. Not sure if he's in a scouting position or not. There's also a few NBA coaches/assistant coaches in town.

Reply #332671 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Thank you collegues for providing me with facts of which I was not aware. What I initially percieved as poor research was in fact a flaw in my memory. I got bored with the NBA after the 1999 lockout so it was my over-sight.

I didn't suggest however that wearing a Lakers singlet was offensive (although some Boston, Detroit & Clipper fans might feel the need to take me to task). Denyar's behaviour in the piece I viewed however boardered on being offensive because he presented in a childish and immature manner that contained generalisations about basketball players.

Damn it Grant we're not all gibberish talking wanna-a-be gangstas!!!!

Reply #332743 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

Horace was a beast on the block, brought the noise in Orlando as well.

Reply #332794 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Great to see Horace in Oz, very underated player. Could score and rebound and had a nice mid range jumper, good solid defender espicially when playing help defense. Correct me if I'm wrong but he also played in the All-star game the year after Jordan retired in I think hosted in Minnesota 1994? Might have played more too if he did'nt play on such talanted teams (Orlando and Chicago), also best freinds with Scottie Pippen.

Did'nt play long with Luc Longley, Longley was traded before the deadline so there was roughly 30 games left in the season. Grant left as a free agent and signed with the Orlando Magic after the season.

Reply #332798 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

denyer is a spud of the highest order. comes across on television like a generally shit human being. how does he keep his job? thats why i pay sfa attention to most of that light daytime tv crap. alot of fake people with low iq's pretending they are good well-informed people making a great contribution to our society.

Reply #332828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754