Camel 31
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers v Melbourne Tigers

Ronald Dorsey shoots pretty good.
We 8points behind when Helliwell sat down and Burston made a little run , now 21 down. So, don't sit Helliwell down like that agen.

Topic #26447 | Report this topic

pwned  
Years ago

warren currently 1/10

Reply #332611 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like a shocker from Warren ,so far and that Clarke likes to give them the same amount of minutes

Reply #332613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

live stats http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/4877/04/14/76/32iRpV3d3SZM/

Reply #332615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ronald Dorsey shoots pretty good. Well said

Reply #332617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The even minutes will be the death of Maryy Clarke, its NBL, play the stars, relieve with bench warmers. Its only a 40minute game FFS! Adelaide wouldnt have won titles if Maher was playing 25minutes a game over his career.

Reply #332618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually minutes spread wasnt too bad, but DJ had no excuse to not be playing 8minutes more, he is a legit scoring option, allow him to be one. You can tell Adelaide will just need one more real solid go to guy, to help spread the defense and create his own shot (unlike Balls and his catch and shoot game).

Reply #332619 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Could't agree more this is not U/10's play the people who are getting paid the big $$$.

Leave the bench players on the bench!!!!

Reply #332620 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It is pre-season so it is good to spread the minutes then to test out different combinations. However, lets just hope Clarke learnt something from last season!

Reply #332622 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Not bad result considering we are down 2 players and they were a full squad i think. Either way you have to mark this preseason down as a good result and promising.

Reply #332623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tigers were without trigger, dillon and coach gleeson all sick with the flu.
Warren played terribly, crosswell played so much better except for his costly turnover with a minute left.
Has tom daly been in a good paddock?? Doesnt seem fit at all and carrying abit!
Mills and helliwell got into a little biff why helliwell sat, dont think he got into the game after? Helliwell leveled mills on 2 massive screens that he didnt take kindly 2!

Reply #332631 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wade Helliwell's just gonna make everybody
jump and roar.
Now, what's he wanna go and do that for.

Reply #332633 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The desultory performance by 36ers Coach
who likes Patrick Mills of the Melbourne Tigers
and a shocker from the 36ers Import , cost us the game.

Reply #332638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad game from our import, no ballinger, no second import, fairly even minutes spread (pre-season game, fair enough), playing Melbourne and only lost by 3 points.

That's bloody positive to me, Weigh and Johnson again top two scorers, i reckon those two will have a breakout year (moreso Weigh, Ballinger might limit Johnson a bit), Ng to really show himself as our consistent star shooter and we can content for a top 5 finish, even if we just miss the playoffs.

Reply #332654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why can bevo spread the minutes so even? Maybe Marty wants the players to 'burst' so keeps the minutes even. It could go to s*#t but it could work if everyone buys in.

Reply #332659 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I propose Camel 31 posts only in haiku for the next week.

Reply #332665 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

For those thinking tigers where at peak, they where missing trigger , good result by adelaide but we can't use the excuse of missing 2 10 players for the first quarter of the season, otherwise we will be behind from the beginning

Reply #332666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hang on the tigers didnt have trigger or dillon or gleeson

Reply #332670 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Two other points: this was on the road, and we didn't have a shocking third quarter (won it convincingly). Those things along with missing players, them having Mills, Warren's only bad game so far make it a positive for me. Imagine them with Corletto instead of Mills in that game.

Anyone expecting big things from Liam Rush this year (e.g., FBL drafts) may need to reevaluate - heard that he might be getting played out of position and it's really hurting his game.

Reply #332674 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

My verbal floodstream was driven by Helliwell giving Mills 2 hard screens that Mills didn't like , so we take Helliwell off to free up Mills and Burston.
Helliwell's got me speeding along. I'm getting a little bit excited.

Reply #332677 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, looking at the boxscores of the pre-season, something is seriously wrong with Rush's output (and has dropped on other non-hoops FNBL drafts accordingly, mostly to final round) but there's some REAL inconsistency with his minutes and you'd think that given his form before he left for Sweden and what he did over there, he's MUCH more capable of putting up better numbers than what he's been doing... I guess we'll all get a better look (even if it IS on delay) when the season proper starts...

An unfortunate game from Warren, I've got big hopes for this kid (FNBL-wise), I hope that was just a cobwebs cleaner of a game...

Reply #332680 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Warren is a rookie, these kind of games are bound to happen every now and again. He has been fantastic up until this point so hopefully he stays confident and gets back to his best for the next game.

Reply #332687 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thing with Rush is that I'm not sure how they can find him minutes at preferred positions. Right now they're very light up front and so I heard he was playing PF at the Blitz which he just doesn't know and I doubt he's really played that spot much in his career. Even with Mills as a direct swap for another guard, they still have the following as PG-SG-SF options: Mills, Ubaka, Dillon, Lewis, Dorsey, Greer, Walker. And all of those guys are going to expect minutes. Greer rebounds well so could play some PF though he's undersized. Walker might be a bit small to match it with other PFs in the league. That still leaves a lot of competition to get SF/SG minutes. Mills, Ubaka and Dorsey alone are going to expect to start.

If Mills returned to the NBA, that would give them an opportunity to balance (shift everyone up a spot and get a Ben Knight to back up in the paint) but until then I don't think the Tigers should expect to get value for money for Rush.

Reply #332698 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Walker might be a bit small to match it with other PFs in the league."

Yet he is taller and bigger then Holmes yet you think he is a capable PF in the league :P

Reply #332701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When does the NBL dreamteam open?

Reply #332705 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

That's the big question isn't it..........

Reply #332711 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doesn't play like a bruiser though, nor like a finesse shooter with size. More like a SF IMO. I've probably called Holmes capable (that's a pretty qualified compliment) but I would've shifted him on from the 36ers too.

Walker has apparently bulked up this off-season. Whether that changes his athletic game much, I guess we'll see.

Reply #332718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754