Abercrombie C / Hudson (Weigh, Bose)
Knight (Trueman)
Crawford / Jackson VC (Ubaka, Herbert)
Tough picking the imports but have to include a couple
Your thoughts ???

Topic #26471 | Report this topic

opt  
Years ago

Its a tough start to the game when there all rated pretty well according to last years preformance and its difficult to gauge some of the cheapies. Ive stayed away from imports right now, last year imports where just all over the place and very disposable but there where some good ranked ones like ira clarke and dorsey.

My team is shaping up to be:
Wilkinson(c), Walker (Herbert, Bose)
Nevill(vc) (Johnson)
Saville, Ghoulding (R Martin, Cadee)

Im just in a pub comp so ill throw my team up:)

Reply #333011 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

For the OP, With Redhage, Wagstaff and Nevill also in Perths lineup, I'd be a bit sketchy about Knight and Trueman.
With all the injuries, Crawford will need to stand up, so he could be an ok pick.
Abercrombie obviously in there due to the R1 double, so that's fair enough.
Mills has had a pretty negative effect on Ubaka from what I've seen.
Can't argue with Hudson, Herbert, Bose, Weigh, Jackson (not overly excited by any of the guard imports, but you probably need to roll the dice on one) .

For opt, Wilkinson is the number 1 captain choice this week, so can't go wrong there.
Just a suggestion, but bumping Nevill down to a Tragardh or a Hudson will allow you to upgrade Walker/Goulding/Martin to a legitimate starting option.
Martin and Cadee could work. Not the best options for mine, but definitely not the worst options. Interesting to see what happens with Martin after Wormely arrives.

Reply #333018 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Wormely's already there isn't he? But is he pretty much locked in or are they still deciding?

I'm seeing Herbert in too many teams. I think there are better options.

Reply #333021 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

Herbert is in there because hes cheeap and if he has a decient run this season he can bump of the funds.

Hendo I decided on Martin because hes starting PG at the moment (according to the press) and thought he may have room to grow, and cadee because he was like $40k, and he gets alot of gametime compared to the other 40kers.
My thoughts on Nevill was because he has a solid team around him, and he was doing so well last year before he left, im not 100% with him. I would like to upgrade walker out of the side, allthough I think he is a good up and coming player not sure how well hes going to work with points considering how tigers lineup looks

Reply #333022 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

I can't see Herbie averaging much more than 12-15 points, which would mean he's only about $10k underpriced. No thanks.

re Martin, he'll only be the starting PG for one or two weeks tops.

Reply #333025 | Report this post

Shaqfu  
Years ago

My team:
G Wilkinson (C), M Vukona (VC) (C Tragardh, L Rush)
D Johnson (W Hudson)
S Weigh, C Goulding (A Bruce, A Bose)

I would stay away from Perth players as they're a very deep team with different players stepping up each game.

Ubaka will see limited opportunites as Tragardh and Mills will be their inside/outside go to guys.

I couldn't pick Abercrombie either based on his form lately. I'm also a bit iffy on Vukona, but he's playing a double round and seems to be more consistant that Abercrombie.

Weigh and Goulding are good options. Bose can play forward or guard and is very cheap for a starter. Aaron Bruce had a solid preseason and is cheap as well.

Hudson would be the only import I would pick at the moment.

Reply #333130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:28 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754